Author Topic: Jordan Mickey 7'4" Wingspan 37" Vertical  (Read 18467 times)

Re: Jordan Mickey 7'4" Wingspan 37" Vertical
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I think within a few years Mickey will stretch his range out to the NBA 3 and then be a very good player. Probably will spend most of his year in the d-league rewriting the blocks records.
you mean more blocks than even the fabulous fab melo had?  ;D

as for his three pointers, may i ask the reasons for the optimism on this? in college he shot them at a 11% clip...not exactly ray allen level.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Don't know about him as a player, but this clip doesn't show me much tuffness. Looks like he tried to punch the other guy in the back of the head, than put up his fists and kept backing up.
Not saying I approve of fighting, but noe understabding how this shows he's tough.
  I agree it shows he is a poser.

Are you sure you are looking at Mickey? Mickey is in white?

Sports fights rarely show actual toughness because everyone pretty much knows they are going to be completely broken up immediately but mickey certainly doesnt back down here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. He provides that "rim protection" that everyone wants...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Don't know about him as a player, but this clip doesn't show me much tuffness. Looks like he tried to punch the other guy in the back of the head, than put up his fists and kept backing up.
Not saying I approve of fighting, but noe understabding how this shows he's tough.
  I agree it shows he is a poser.

No, that was the other player, the player from Auburn, who hit Mickey in the back of the head, then raised his fists and backed away.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wow i had some doubts hed be able to finish over NBA big men but some of those concerns were alleviated when i saw him finish over cauley stein several times! Im happy about this kid.

But im sure hell be traded for a guard.

LSU was one of the few teams that was able to give Kentucky all they can handle. Thanks for Martin and Mickey.

Happy we finally get some rim protection for once. Its been a long time since we had a rim protector.  KO and Sully will be especially happy
sorry tb, but i dont see mickey as the future of interior defense for the celtics. his offensive game is very limited and he will play limited minutes in the nba for years since he role will be bench player, or rotation player.

How do you know its limited?

Chuck Hayes, Quincy Acy offensive games are very limited. Not Mickey. His ability to hit the mid range and blow by bigger players for high percentage finishes near the basket is already a good start

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Mickey was my favorite pick of this draft. I think he can turn into a solid NBA role player/borderline starter.

Poor mans Milsap with better defense as opposed to offense?

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Love the pick

Get 'em mickey!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
TP to TriBoy, you were the early one to toot his horn.

Tb was definitely on the ground floor on Mickey. He cut the video posted in this thread.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Mickey was my favorite pick of this draft. I think he can turn into a solid NBA role player/borderline starter.

Nice comparison. Dont forget Chris Bosh in Leon Powe body and looks like Juwan Howard lol

Nice defensive play highlight below that leads to a alley hoope dunk.

http://youtu.be/a4nIMp9w348

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. He provides that "rim protection" that everyone wants...

It will translate to the nba imo. We saw him play against high end college prospects at the NBA competative 5 on 5 combine . And he blocked 8 shots in game 1

Highlight of him blocking WCS shot in a blink of an eye. Mickey will not get burnt by the man he is covering ,while providing weakside shot blocking help. Rarely bites on fakes and plays defense without fouling. 

http://youtu.be/Qtl44Nh3sZ8
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:52:37 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 12:49:56 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Good comp.  I liken him to Tristan Thompson, with better shot blocking.  He was the talk of the 5 on 5 scrimmages during the combine.  He put up 17 pts, 8 rebounds, and 8 blocks.  Extremely long and ultra athletic.  It will take some time to see how his body fills out, but he's got a shot.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 12:53:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It will translate to the nba imo. We saw him play against high end college prospects at the NBA competative 5 on 5 combine . And he blocked 8 shots in game 1

Your definition differs from mine.

TEAM 1

Brandon Ashley
Ryan Boatright
Anthony Brown
Rakeem Christmas
George de Paula
Olivier Hanlan
Corey Hawkins
J.P. Tokoto
Aaron White

TEAM 2
Pat Connaughton
Quinn Cook
Treveon Graham
Richaun Holmes
Mouhammadou Jaiteh
Larry Nance
Terran Petteway
Terry Rozier
Dez Wells

TEAM 3
Branden Dawson
Michael Frazier II
Aaron Harrison
Jordan Mickey
Michael Qualls
Keifer Sykes
TaShawn Thomas
Marcus Thornton
Joseph Young

TEAM 4
T.J. McConnell
Andrew Harrison
Tyler Harvey
Jonathan Holmes
Vince Hunter
Norman Powell
Chasson Randle
Chris Walker
Alan Williams

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Good comp.  I liken him to Tristan Thompson, with better shot blocking.  He was the talk of the 5 on 5 scrimmages during the combine.  He put up 17 pts, 8 rebounds, and 8 blocks.  Extremely long and ultra athletic.  It will take some time to see how his body fills out, but he's got a shot.

Mickey needs to add further weight and strength but is not that far away.  Already 240 pounds and I imagine with his work ethic will get it up to 245 pounds, by the time pre season starts. Prob can get up to 255 eventually , without losing much explosiveness/quickness.

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Wow i had some doubts hed be able to finish over NBA big men but some of those concerns were alleviated when i saw him finish over cauley stein several times! Im happy about this kid.

But im sure hell be traded for a guard.

LSU was one of the few teams that was able to give Kentucky all they can handle. Thanks for Martin and Mickey.

Happy we finally get some rim protection for once. Its been a long time since we had a rim protector.  KO and Sully will be especially happy
sorry tb, but i dont see mickey as the future of interior defense for the celtics. his offensive game is very limited and he will play limited minutes in the nba for years since he role will be bench player, or rotation player.

How do you know its limited?

Chuck Hayes, Quincy Acy offensive games are very limited. Not Mickey. His ability to hit the mid range and blow by bigger players for high percentage finishes near the basket is already a good start
on mickey's offense, here is what draftexpress says:

He isn't the most polished player at this time and will need to show scouts how we will be able to contribute offensively at the next level, as he scored just 16.5 points per 40 minutes pace adjusted with the Tigers. Over a quarter of his offensive possessions came on post-ups, but he didn't show many translatable post moves that he could use against NBA defenders. He relied on a jump hook that he could get off with his length but he didn't demonstrate advanced footwork for a counter move. He'll likely be matched up against taller defenders and will need to use improved lower body strength to gain position and better footwork to beat his defender to score with his back to the basket.

Mickey doesn't show much in the way of perimeter skills either, attempting just nine threes this season and making just one. He is a decent midrange shooter, converting 50% of his 2-point jumpers (34-68).

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3eTH36ddf
http://www.draftexpress.com

on his defense, it seems good, but his height will limit his effectiveness. again, draftexpress:

He can block shots on his primary man and also has the quickness and explosiveness to rotate over and block shots from a help position. While he may not emerge as a true rim protector at the next level, as he will be undersized, if he can continue to block shots he would be a useful defensive player in the right situation.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3eTHNx2Zf
http://www.draftexpress.com

as i said, he has all the ear marks of an "off the bench player" at best. which is just fine for a second round pick.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Your definition differs from mine.

TEAM 1

Brandon Ashley
Ryan Boatright
Anthony Brown
Rakeem Christmas
George de Paula
Olivier Hanlan
Corey Hawkins
J.P. Tokoto
Aaron White

TEAM 2
Pat Connaughton
Quinn Cook
Treveon Graham
Richaun Holmes
Mouhammadou Jaiteh
Larry Nance
Terran Petteway
Terry Rozier
Dez Wells

TEAM 3
Branden Dawson
Michael Frazier II
Aaron Harrison
Jordan Mickey
Michael Qualls
Keifer Sykes
TaShawn Thomas
Marcus Thornton
Joseph Young

TEAM 4
T.J. McConnell
Andrew Harrison
Tyler Harvey
Jonathan Holmes
Vince Hunter
Norman Powell
Chasson Randle
Chris Walker
Alan Williams

Well these guys would make up a heck of a D league team. You can also create a 76ers team without Noel