Author Topic: Jordan Mickey 7'4" Wingspan 37" Vertical  (Read 18436 times)

Jordan Mickey 7'4" Wingspan 37" Vertical
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I mean I'm in shock. I thought Danny would only draft 6'5" guys Max. This guy is acually 6'7" with his shoes off! And sit down 3.6 Blocks per game! 4.1 Blocks per 40 mins!
 In all seriousness I'm glad we drafted him. Show Mickey some love If you scouted him.

https://youtu.be/KvA-1x9aq4k

Re: Jordan Mickey 7'4" Wingspan 37" Vertical
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline JMRJAYDIGGLES

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
He won't back down....  I like his tuffness! 

https://youtu.be/0vlUdF4Z4KQ

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:58:17 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Wow i had some doubts hed be able to finish over NBA big men but some of those concerns were alleviated when i saw him finish over cauley stein several times! Im happy about this kid.

But im sure hell be traded for a guard.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What I like about Mickey is that he got dunked on by WCS twice vs that Kentucky game.   He doesn't care how he looks on tv. He will do whatever to protect the rim.    That is the kind of player you want.  Not someone that will give up on a play

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wow i had some doubts hed be able to finish over NBA big men but some of those concerns were alleviated when i saw him finish over cauley stein several times! Im happy about this kid.

LSU was one of the few teams that was able to give Kentucky all they can handle. Thanks for Martin and Mickey.

Happy we finally get some rim protection for once. Its been a long time since we had a rim protector.  KO and Sully will be especially happy

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What I like about Mickey is that he got dunked on by WCS twice vs that Kentucky game.   He doesn't care how he looks on tv. He will do whatever to protect the rim.    That is the kind of player you want.  Not someone that will give up on a play
How did you let someone beat you to creating a Mickey thread after being his champion for the past month ;-)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Watched his Draft Express video and fell in love when he hedged a point guard so far he dang near caused a backcourt violation.

He has some elite NBA skills and talent for sure. Let's hope he can develop well, but this looks like a great addition to the team.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He won't back down....  I like his tuffness!
  But he sure backs up, not exactly a thing that a real tough guy does, typical swap at them punch then rush back in hopes you will get held back so you don't have to fight that dominates the pseudo-toughness of the NBA.

I like the pick, he is athletic and has great defensive instincts.  He will be heck to practice against.   

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
TP to TriBoy, you were the early one to toot his horn.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Don't know about his offensive game but I could see him as a Chuck Hayes type backup. Hayes is 6'6 but plays center. He doesn't block (due to height) but he can bang down low. If Mickey could do that and a block or two I'd be happy.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

LSU was one of the few teams that was able to give Kentucky all they can handle. Thanks for Martin and Mickey.

Happy we finally get some rim protection for once. Its been a long time since we had a rim protector.  KO and Sully will be especially happy
sorry tb, but i dont see mickey as the future of interior defense for the celtics. his offensive game is very limited and he will play limited minutes in the nba for years since he role will be bench player, or rotation player.

book him for the dleague this season as well. with crowder, sully, zelly, and olly in front of him i dont think he gets that many minutes as a big for the celtics. can mickey play sf? maybe defense, but not as a scorer.

mickey projects as a 7th to 8th man on a nba roster at best, which would be very nice for a second round pick. but i dont think he will be playing 20 minutes a night and blocking that many shots.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think within a few years Mickey will stretch his range out to the NBA 3 and then be a very good player. Probably will spend most of his year in the d-league rewriting the blocks records.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Looks like a good second round pick.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:50:16 AM by celts55 »

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Don't know about him as a player, but this clip doesn't show me much tuffness. Looks like he tried to punch the other guy in the back of the head, than put up his fists and kept backing up.
Not saying I approve of fighting, but noe understabding how this shows he's tough.
  I agree it shows he is a poser.

I think within a few years Mickey will stretch his range out to the NBA 3 and then be a very good player. Probably will spend most of his year in the d-league rewriting the blocks records.

Big shot Bob clone?

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Nice to have a front court player that is athletic for a change, hope he pans out.