Author Topic: Terry Rozier ESPN analysis  (Read 5735 times)

Re: Terry Rozier ESPN analysis
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 11:09:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I feel bad this guy. He doesn't deserve to piled on like this. I thought Knick fans were bad when they saw Krispas drafted. But reading through these comments when Rozier was drafted I quickly changed my mind.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yay
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:49:18 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Surprised that the C's took him at 16.

I grew up a Louisville fan (hence my Rondo username from January 2008), and I watched him the past few seasons. This past season was a mess with Chris Jones at the PG slot for most of the season - the ball movement and chemistry was terrible for the most part while Chris was there (CJ is a ball hog), and the team took tons of  low-percentage shots at the end of the shot clock. Plus, he wasn't surrounded by shooters so the defenses would clog the paint and/or play lots of zone. Chinanu Onuaku (who just made the U19 team) mentioned that this past team was clique-ish. Anyways, they weren't fun to watch this past season, but I have believed in Terry's talent since he made great strides in his first year of prep school. Us homer-Cards fans thought he could become a lottery pick if he stayed longer. Last summer, he had a good summer showing at a few camps and improved his draft stock a lot. The season didn't do him too many favors.

Great guy, showed Trey Lewis (a 5th year transfer for this upcoming season) around campus, tough player. Would drive me crazy sometimes with his gimme layups and him mimicking D-Wade, but quite athletic.

Like his midrange shooting, his 3 PT shooting is the one that's streaky. Rambling post here, but I wouldn't give this an F and overreact or call for Danny Ainge to be fired or anything like that.  ;)

:D

Wrong Danny choked!!!!!! You must hate him!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 12:22:18 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I feel bad this guy. He doesn't deserve to piled on like this. I thought Knick fans were bad when they saw Krispas drafted. But reading through these comments when Rozier was drafted I quickly changed my mind.

I agree.

To be honest I was hoping that if Danny did pick at 16, he'd go after a guy with high upside because it's unlikely anybody at this point in the draft will contribute much from the start.

I think Rozier is exactly that - I think he's got the gifts to be a very good player in the league one day.

Also he's by no means a terrible passer, he's just not a standout one.  It's not like he passes the ball like a Rookie AB haha

Plus I don't think a PG's passing ability is as important on this team as it is on most because of (a) the collection of guys we currently have and (b) the type of offense BS runs.  We have a stack of guys who can all pass the ball well (Olynyk, Bass, Turner, Thomas and even Zeller) and an offence specifically focuses on constant ball movement, and everybody touching the ball.  It's not the type of offense where you focus heaviilly on a single, ball dominant PG to control everything.

Fact is we need guys who can run in transition, who play with energy, who hustle on both ends of the floor, and who can score - he does all of those things.

My only real criticism here is the we just don't really need a guard...but at the same time none of us have any idea what is going on in Danny Ainge's mind (this pick was proof of that haha) so for all we know one of our existing guys who makes Rozier redundant (say, Bradley) may be getting traded out...and if so Rozier could have been brought in as a cheap replacement with upside.

If Bradley did get traded that would mean Smart slides over to SG, Thomas moves in to the starting PG spot.  Then we lose our 6th man (a role previously filled by Thomas).  Rozier would probably be a pretty safe backup at both guard positions, with the upside being a nice bonus.     

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:29 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I think we were pretty confident that we would be able to trade up. As a result, we were willing to make more risky picks when putting together our board for #16, because we assumed it wouldn't be relevant anyway.

That's what Rozier is, a risky pick. I know that our front office is good enough and that they wouldn't have reached for him this much unless they thought it was very likely he would be worth the pick, but there will be hell to pay if it doesn't pan out.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 01:22:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cbs now will have to get to work and help refine roziers game. He will be a good defender from the start. Offensively needs fine tuning

What could end up being crazy is Thornton who is similar to rozier in alot of ways ,  could end up being the better version of rozier in the nba. 

We will have to see what happens

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 01:34:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Cbs now will have to get to work and help refine roziers game. He will be a good defender from the start. Offensively needs fine tuning

What could end up being crazy is Thornton who is similar to rozier in alot of ways ,  could end up being the better version of rozier in the nba. 

We will have to see what happens

Are you going to physically stretch Rozier's length? Or find something about him (e.g., sense of humor? quirkiness?) that will substantial him getting a minute on the court this year?

Ainge: "He's really athletic, and really tough." RHJ isn't? And his size actually translates to the NBA, and not China? A freaky wingspan won't find you minutes among 6 of your peers.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC