Author Topic: Idea: Olynyk and 16 for Terrance Jones  (Read 953 times)

Idea: Olynyk and 16 for Terrance Jones
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:30:28 AM »

Offline tghiii

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
If the C's cannot make something bigger happen, I could see this as a possible fallback plan.  With DA's recent comments, I have a hard time believing the C's are picking at 16 no matter what.

Re: Idea: Olynyk and 16 for Terrance Jones
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:32:19 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I personally think it's overpay for TJ.

I might do a straight swap of Kelly for TJ or 16 for TJ, but not both of them.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
agree that it's an overpayment.  TJ doesn't excite me enough to want to make the trade.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd be surprised if Houston was willing to trade Terrence Jones for that package.

Jones has shown himself to be a solid starting PF with considerable room for improvement. Olynyk has yet to show he can play big minutes in the league (as starter or bench player). The #16 pick normally offers a role player possible starter or maybe a bench player. I don't think that is enough.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »

Offline tghiii

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I do honestly disagree with the overpay comments.  I would actually be willing to throw in more than Olynyk and 16, maybe also 28.  Maybe Evan Turner.  Maybe a protected first next year.  He is a developing PF with rim protection skills, 1.8 blocks per game.  Quality over quantity.   

Re: Idea: Olynyk and 16 for Terrence Jones
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
While I do think this is a slight overpay for Terrence Jones, I think the problem with this offer isn't value but the type of deal.

The reason the Rockets would be trading Jones is to create cap space for making a run at Love/Aldridge. This deal wouldn't clear enough space to help that. If anything I think they want to attach another player whose salary they don't want to Jones in order to move him and potentially get a future pick back.

That being said, I would 100% take Jones and Dorsey into our TPE and throw in a couple 2nd rounders.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Advanced stats indicate that the Rockets have consistently been better without Jones on the floor throughout his career, whereas the Celtics have been better with Olynyk on the floor.

Jones seems like an empty-stats-guy who does not help his team win. Whereas Olynyk seems like, even if his stats are not great or consistent, a guy who does help his team succeed.

I could argue that Olynyk is better than Jones.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
How about Kelly and 16 for TJ and 18? Maybe they bite if they are that desparate to move up maybe throw in 33.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17:07 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Well the problem is that Houston wants to rid themselves of salary to go after LA or Love and this trade doesn't help them do it...