Author Topic: Sources: Charlotte also adding Jeremy Lamb in seperate deal  (Read 1460 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
43m43 minutes ago
Rick Bonnell ?@rick_bonnell
I am told the @hornets will also end up with Jeremy Lamb in a separate deal involving Matt Barnes' contract. Barnes isn't going to OKC.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Sources: Charlotte also adding Jeremy Lamb in seperate deal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 05:51:25 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
They want a draft pick, could we not send #28 for Lamb? Then perhaps use Lamb as leverage to get the #9 pick from Charlotte, obviously with other pieces. Just seems like an opportunity for Danny to pounce...

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:56:33 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Charlotte may want to keep lamb as they need wing depth
Even if lamb is inefficient

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:30:04 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
They want a draft pick, could we not send #28 for Lamb? Then perhaps use Lamb as leverage to get the #9 pick from Charlotte, obviously with other pieces. Just seems like an opportunity for Danny to pounce...

My guess is that Ainge values #28 more than Lamb and values the cap space he would lose by trading that pick for Lamb's $3 million due next season because Plan A is improving the team through free agency.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 07:45:37 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

My guess is that Ainge values #28 more than Lamb and values the cap space he would lose by trading that pick for Lamb's $3 million due next season because Plan A is improving the team through free agency.
Couldn't he just not pick up the rookie contract?

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

I suppose thats fair. But he would be trading for him with the intention of moving him tonight. A nice young player with potential. Perhaps we coould then do Olynyk, Lamb and #16 for #9. Or even just Lamb, #16 and #33 for #9?

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I suppose thats fair. But he would be trading for him with the intention of moving him tonight. A nice young player with potential. Perhaps we coould then do Olynyk, Lamb and #16 for #9. Or even just Lamb, #16 and #33 for #9?

If that were the plan, you would try to arrange a three-way deal instead of making one trade and risk getting stuck with Lamb and his contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:16:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If that were the plan, you would try to arrange a three-way deal instead of making one trade and risk getting stuck with Lamb and his contract.
I could be wrong but isn't there a rule that you can't trade a player you just acquired in a trade in combination with another player without a specific delay (90 days?)?

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 09:19:12 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Charlotte wants to taste playoffs badly...perhaps we can deal someone there for their 9th pick? possible?

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

I could be wrong but isn't there a rule that you can't trade a player you just acquired in a trade in combination with another player without a specific delay (90 days?)?

You're right you can't. I did forget about that... Although I guess you can structure it as two trades. But as LooseCannon says it's easier to do a 3 team trade. I just wonder if it would fall apart as a 3 team trade. Who knows.