Author Topic: OKC's Jeremy Lamb to Charlotte involving Matt Barnes Contract [In Progress]  (Read 3051 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell
I am told the @hornets will also end up with Jeremy Lamb in a separate deal involving Matt Barnes' contract. Barnes isn't going to OKC.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
that harden trade looks so bad now , Lamb was supposed to be their big return

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Anyone else wondering what exactly Charlotte is up to? Thats their third trade since the summer started. Getting rid of Stephenson for scraps, getting Batum, and now getting Lamb. I wonder what they'll do with the #9 pick.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
that harden trade looks so bad now , Lamb was supposed to be their big return

That trade looked horrendous from the moment it was announced.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That fills the hole at the 2 for them, though Lamb's not exactly great.

Clears up a logjam for them at the 3 created by acquiring Batum.  Now MKG can be the do-a-little-bit-of-everything wing backup.

Still would make sense for them to trade the #9 for an impact player at the 2, unless they think they can get a guy who will make an immediate difference.

I like what Charlotte is doing.  Recognized a need to add shooting and change up the supporting cast around Kemba and Jefferson and are being proactive in accomplishing that goal before free agency even begins.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Anyone else wondering what exactly Charlotte is up to? Thats their third trade since the summer started. Getting rid of Stephenson for scraps, getting Batum, and now getting Lamb. I wonder what they'll do with the #9 pick.

They're getting shooting. They were 30th in the league in 3P%. Hawes, Batum, and Lamb all theoretically provide better shooting than the players they've shipped out.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Avery Bradley + 28 for 9?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I read that the Clippers were trying to obtain a trade exception in order to later use it to sign Pierce. Curious what it is going to cost them in total to get Pierce without using their MLE.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Haven't seen anything new on this... maybe this was an unsubstantiated source, we'll see.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Haven't seen anything new on this... maybe this was an unsubstantiated source, we'll see.
The source is the beat guy for the Hornets who is about as plugged in as any beat guy. I think they probably haven't finalized it yet or it involves a draft pick so they are waiting to announce it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
How can Barnes be up for trade, didn't he just get traded to them, I thought you had to wait 6 months or something? Man, I need to start paying attention to rules.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
How can Barnes be up for trade, didn't he just get traded to them, I thought you had to wait 6 months or something? Man, I need to start paying attention to rules.

No, that's only on aggregated trades. He can be traded by himself. Not sure if there's gap for that to be able to happen as well, but the long wait for trades that is always talked about is on aggregated trades.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

No, that's only on aggregated trades. He can be traded by himself. Not sure if there's gap for that to be able to happen as well, but the long wait for trades that is always talked about is on aggregated trades.

Thanks!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Restructuring. 

Al Jefferson -  ?  - Batum - Lamb - Walker

They are already dangling Cody Zeller.  Biyombo stays imo. MKG stays to be the teams 6th man.

I think they will draft Lyles

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

The only restriction is aggregating a recently-traded player's contract with others. Barnes can be traded - even in a package deal - so long as his contract doesn't have to be combined with any other player's to make the deal work. You might remember that MarShon Brooks was traded to the Lakers a little over a month after Boston dealt him to Golden State.