Author Topic: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6  (Read 12245 times)

Re: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Mark Murphy ?@Murf56  9m9 minutes ago
Celtics finding price of top 10 trade prohibitive. Anything lower may not be worth move up. Source: "Teams falling in love with their picks.

[dang] this team is depressing. We're going to strike out in FA as well. Why even bother...

How is this team depressing? We went on one of the most memorable 6 year runs in NBA history, tanked for one season and now we're rebuilding. Our front office is always looking to make a big move to vault us back into contention that other teams would be too scared or too stupid to make.

We're the best franchise in the NBA. Go Celts.

Yeah I mean I appreciate the run but this current team is pretty depressing. We are just so far away and we're just running in place right now...

huh? we haven't even had the draft or free agency yet and Danny is trying to trade up high in the draft and lure big time free agents here . Who knows if he will be able to, but he has done it before....

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Celtics finding price of top 10 trade prohibitive. Anything lower may not be worth move up. Source: "Teams falling in love with their picks.

[dang] this team is depressing. We're going to strike out in FA as well. Why even bother...

How is this team depressing? We went on one of the most memorable 6 year runs in NBA history, tanked for one season and now we're rebuilding. Our front office is always looking to make a big move to vault us back into contention that other teams would be too scared or too stupid to make.

Yeah I mean I appreciate the run but this current team is pretty depressing. We are just so far away and we're just running in place right now...

Hey, but we made the playoffs?!?!....BFD...and I don't mean the Boston Jakes

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.

You don't truly believe any one would offer Biyombo the max, do you?
no

Yeah looks like we're just going to be hoping for major improvement from our current guys next year

I'd be very surprised if Ainge ultimately more or less stands pat with the team that made the playoffs this year.

Either he'll find a way to add a few impact pieces to the roster, or he'll trade off some of these young role players who are each worth 20-28 minutes a night and exchange them for some scratch tickets.  Ainge is not going to purposefully engineer another 40 win season.  He'll aim for 10-15 higher or 10-15 lower.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 07:06:27 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Yeah.  I mean, it's frustrating to follow a team that is in the limbo of not having any notable star players on the roster and no clear path to getting one.

But it's gotta be infinitely more depressing to be a fan of a team like, say, the Kings, right?  At least we have some proof that our franchise is capable of getting it together, even if we have no idea how they're going to manage it.  The Kings can't even get out of their own way when they have a supremely talented young player under control for multiple years.

TP.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Berger can go eat a Burger.  Gossip after gossip that never come through.

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

huh? we haven't even had the draft or free agency yet and Danny is trying to trade up high in the draft and lure big time free agents here . Who knows if he will be able to, but he has done it before....

Makes you wonder if people are paying attention, doesn't it ?

Look around the league, that will tell you whose fans should be doom and gloom.  The C's ?  They have picks, Cap space, and tradeable assets.  They are open for business.  Setup perfectly to succeed. It's just getting started.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.

no

Yeah looks like we're just going to be hoping for major improvement from our current guys next year

I'd be very surprised if Ainge ultimately more or less stands pat with the team that made the playoffs this year.

Either he'll find a way to add a few impact pieces to the roster, or he'll trade off some of these young role players who are each worth 20-28 minutes a night and exchange them for some scratch tickets.  Ainge is not going to purposefully engineer another 40 win season.  He'll aim for 10-15 higher or 10-15 lower.

I don't think Ainge has the option of engineering downward if he wants to keep Brad Stevens.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I d take Winslow

Run like a big dog .....

Hire Aldridge and Butler

Make war on Cleveland

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I don't think Ainge has the option of engineering downward if he wants to keep Brad Stevens.

I fear you might be right, but I don't read Ainge as the kind of guy who would settle for a middling result to keep a coach, no matter how bright and promising the coach appears to be.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 07:35:13 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

no

Oh enough of Brad Stevens. What has he done in the league? Yeah we made the 7th seed in the worst conference in NBA history. Then was swept without a problem Whoop-de-do. Can he handle star players? Can he do anything with real talent? Does he even want real talent? Let's slow the roll on CBS..

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

no

Oh enough of Brad Stevens. What has he done in the league? Yeah we made the 7th seed in the worst conference in NBA history. Then was swept without a problem Whoop-de-do. Can he handle star players? Can he do anything with real talent? Does he even want real talent? Let's slow the roll on CBS..

Why couldn't Stevens be like Blatt. In his first year in as NBA coach, Blatt guided the Cavs to the finals!

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 07:42:04 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Well if we do somehow get the 6th pick, Ainge will make a roll of the dice and go for a potential superstar.
To me that means Mudiay,  Pozingris or Winslow.
I think each of those guys could fall to #6 but would easily be top 3 in most other drafts.
He ain't taking role players like Cauley Stein or Stanley Johnson with #6.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
I d take Winslow

Run like a big dog .....

Hire Aldridge and Butler

Make war on Cleveland

IMO, that's the target Ainge is looking at by trying to get into the top 10, top 5.  Winslow is #1 on his board, just my guess.

He was wanting to land Noel and Winslow with that Smart package.  I don't blame him.

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

no

Well, he just got into the league, so your questions aren't really up for debate.

He did sneak into the playoffs with something like a 50 man roster last year.  That's saying something in itself.

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

no

Well, he just got into the league, so your questions aren't really up for debate.

He did sneak into the playoffs with something like a 50 man roster last year.  That's saying something in itself.

Well they are up for debate because they haven't been answered yet..