Author Topic: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6  (Read 12241 times)

Re: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If they get the 6th pick I think the pick would be Cauley Stein. This team is screaming for a defensive anchor to allow the free flow offense and create fast break opportunities. WCS will also instantly become the best running big man in the league which would also help this team.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Mark Murphy ?@Murf56  9m9 minutes ago
Celtics finding price of top 10 trade prohibitive. Anything lower may not be worth move up. Source: "Teams falling in love with their picks.

[dang] this team is depressing. We're going to strike out in FA as well. Why even bother...

I mean, the most likely outcome is always that a trade doesn't happen and that the key free agents go elsewhere.

But with Ainge, chances are some interesting moves will be made.  Will it really move the needle, ultimately?  Time will tell.

Probably the teams in the top 10 are putting it out there that they want to keep their picks in the last 24-36 hours before the draft to try and increase the offers they're getting.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 06:43:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.

You don't truly believe any one would offer Biyombo the max, do you?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 06:43:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Celtics finding price of top 10 trade prohibitive. Anything lower may not be worth move up. Source: "Teams falling in love with their picks.

[dang] this team is depressing. We're going to strike out in FA as well. Why even bother...

It's just normal bargaining going on now. Its obvious Ainge has the assets to trade up into the top 10 right now if he wants to, and that a few teams want to trade out. They want to make Ainge give up more than he should though, and he in turn wants to get the pick on a discount. I think in the end if there is a player there he really wants, he will use the assets to move up and get him. Some of these teams also will panic and agree to a lower price once it's time to pull the trigger on the pick.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Another from Berger:

The Heat, needing to preserve flexibility after re-signing Goran Dragic and potentially Dwyane Wade this summer, are open to trading the 10th pick if it means unloading salary. (Josh McRoberts, for example, is owed $17 million over the next three years.) But with a pick that high in a deep draft, it's a gamble that likely will give Pat Riley pause. "It's a tricky balance," one longtime talent evaluator said. "You have to be careful you don't regret it looking back." Johnson or Frank Kaminsky could be in the mix for Miami there, as well as Sam Dekker and perhaps Willie Cauley-Stein.

They're also supposedly peddling the Birdman and Chalmers. Wonder if a deal with the #10 attached would be doable?

Use the Tayshaun and Rondo TPEs to take on Birdman, Chalmers, and McRoberts. 

Exchange the #16 for the #10.

Works for me.

Get the 10 for taking the cap dump not switching picks too. Massive overpay taking on $27M in salary.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'd think about it for the 28, not the 16.  That's a ton of money to take on, right?

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If you're Sacramento, making a trade that nets you some decent talent right now to stabilize your situation and create depth on the roster so that your team can be decent next season and mollify both your star player and big name coach .... that makes some sense, doesn't it?

Bradley + Olynyk + #16 for #6 + Stauskas.

Enough for both sides?

Makes sense. I'd be on board with this trade. I could see SAC asking for a little more, but that's a legimate offer for sure.

If we can also move #28 for Bennett, that'd be outstanding.  I'll miss Oly, but Stauskas > #16 .... and #6 > Bradley. 

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 06:55:18 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

How is this team depressing? We went on one of the most memorable 6 year runs in NBA history, tanked for one season and now we're rebuilding. Our front office is always looking to make a big move to vault us back into contention that other teams would be too scared or too stupid to make.

We're the best franchise in the NBA. Go Celts.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.

no

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Another from Berger:

The Heat, needing to preserve flexibility after re-signing Goran Dragic and potentially Dwyane Wade this summer, are open to trading the 10th pick if it means unloading salary. (Josh McRoberts, for example, is owed $17 million over the next three years.) But with a pick that high in a deep draft, it's a gamble that likely will give Pat Riley pause. "It's a tricky balance," one longtime talent evaluator said. "You have to be careful you don't regret it looking back." Johnson or Frank Kaminsky could be in the mix for Miami there, as well as Sam Dekker and perhaps Willie Cauley-Stein.

They're also supposedly peddling the Birdman and Chalmers. Wonder if a deal with the #10 attached would be doable?

Use the Tayshaun and Rondo TPEs to take on Birdman, Chalmers, and McRoberts. 

Exchange the #16 for the #10.

Works for me.

Get the 10 for taking the cap dump not switching picks too. Massive overpay taking on $27M in salary.

Well, I don't think you can expect Miami to just dump a top 10 pick in order to free up some cap space.

Plus, it's not like Chalmers, McRoberts, and Birdman are useless players.  All of them, as far as I'm aware, can still play, and could probably do some good things in Brad Stevens' offense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

How is this team depressing? We went on one of the most memorable 6 year runs in NBA history, tanked for one season and now we're rebuilding. Our front office is always looking to make a big move to vault us back into contention that other teams would be too scared or too stupid to make.

Yeah I mean I appreciate the run but this current team is pretty depressing. We are just so far away and we're just running in place right now...

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Yeah I mean I appreciate the run but this current team is pretty depressing. We are just so far away and we're just running in place right now...

And in position to possibly make moves in the summer.

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Yeah.  I mean, it's frustrating to follow a team that is in the limbo of not having any notable star players on the roster and no clear path to getting one.

But it's gotta be infinitely more depressing to be a fan of a team like, say, the Kings, right?  At least we have some proof that our franchise is capable of getting it together, even if we have no idea how they're going to manage it.  The Kings can't even get out of their own way when they have a supremely talented young player under control for multiple years.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

no

Yeah looks like we're just going to be hoping for major improvement from our current guys next year

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

We are doing the exact opposite from running in place. Last year's team is hardly recognizible any more with all the new faces and we tanked last season. This year we were in the playoffs with fresh personnel. Different results with different people. Even if we do fail in the draft and free agency and in the trade market this summer, and none of our prospects takes a big step, we'll have been the same team for only 1.5 seasons. Ask Kings fans if they think that's what running in place looks like.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/