Author Topic: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6  (Read 12240 times)

Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The Celtics are proving to be the most aggressive team trying to trade into the top 10, league sources say. Boston has the 16th and 28th pick Thursday night, and GM Danny Ainge also is willing to discuss anyone on the roster in a bid to acquire a premium pick. Sacramento (No. 6), Denver (No. 7) and Charlotte (No. 9) could be open to dealing, sources say.

Draft, Trade, Boston Celtics

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/25223896/draft-buzz-celtics-trying-to-move-up-heat-contemplating-a-gamble

who are we taking if we get to 6 ? Hezonja , Winslow, Johnson, Mudiay, could all be available. I would be happy with any of those picks

Re: Rumor: Sources say C's could get up to #6
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
The Celtics are proving to be the most aggressive team trying to trade into the top 10, league sources say. Boston has the 16th and 28th pick Thursday night, and GM Danny Ainge also is willing to discuss anyone on the roster in a bid to acquire a premium pick. Sacramento (No. 6), Denver (No. 7) and Charlotte (No. 9) could be open to dealing, sources say.

Draft, Trade, Boston Celtics

who are we taking if we get to 6 ? Hezonja , Winslow, Johnson, Mudiay, could all be available. I would be happy with any of those picks

If Mudiay falls to 6 I doubt the Kings trade the pick, but I'd be thrilled if they did and we got him.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:29:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Who's saying this?

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Who is the source?

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Well Danny DID promise fireworks...
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd trade anyone but It4 and smart.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If you're Sacramento, making a trade that nets you some decent talent right now to stabilize your situation and create depth on the roster so that your team can be decent next season and mollify both your star player and big name coach .... that makes some sense, doesn't it?

Bradley + Olynyk + #16 for #6 + Stauskas.

Enough for both sides?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Another from Berger:

The Heat, needing to preserve flexibility after re-signing Goran Dragic and potentially Dwyane Wade this summer, are open to trading the 10th pick if it means unloading salary. (Josh McRoberts, for example, is owed $17 million over the next three years.) But with a pick that high in a deep draft, it's a gamble that likely will give Pat Riley pause. "It's a tricky balance," one longtime talent evaluator said. "You have to be careful you don't regret it looking back." Johnson or Frank Kaminsky could be in the mix for Miami there, as well as Sam Dekker and perhaps Willie Cauley-Stein.

They're also supposedly peddling the Birdman and Chalmers. Wonder if a deal with the #10 attached would be doable?

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If you're Sacramento, making a trade that nets you some decent talent right now to stabilize your situation and create depth on the roster so that your team can be decent next season and mollify both your star player and big name coach .... that makes some sense, doesn't it?

Bradley + Olynyk + #16 for #6 + Stauskas.

Enough for both sides?

Makes sense. I'd be on board with this trade. I could see SAC asking for a little more, but that's a legimate offer for sure.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 06:38:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Another from Berger:

The Heat, needing to preserve flexibility after re-signing Goran Dragic and potentially Dwyane Wade this summer, are open to trading the 10th pick if it means unloading salary. (Josh McRoberts, for example, is owed $17 million over the next three years.) But with a pick that high in a deep draft, it's a gamble that likely will give Pat Riley pause. "It's a tricky balance," one longtime talent evaluator said. "You have to be careful you don't regret it looking back." Johnson or Frank Kaminsky could be in the mix for Miami there, as well as Sam Dekker and perhaps Willie Cauley-Stein.

They're also supposedly peddling the Birdman and Chalmers. Wonder if a deal with the #10 attached would be doable?

Use the Tayshaun and Rondo TPEs to take on Birdman, Chalmers, and McRoberts. 

Exchange the #16 for the #10.

Works for me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Mark Murphy ?@Murf56  9m9 minutes ago
Celtics finding price of top 10 trade prohibitive. Anything lower may not be worth move up. Source: "Teams falling in love with their picks.

[dang] this team is depressing. We're going to strike out in FA as well. Why even bother...

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
this offseason is setting up to be very very disappointing.   Not giving my hopes up.  I'm banking on us selecting a scrub at #16 and giving Biyombo a max deal.  Beyond that, I expect us to be tanking by December.
Yea with all signs pointing to Love staying with Cleveland and us not having the assets for a Cousins trade youre probably right.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk