Author Topic: Revealing Raptors Rumor  (Read 2007 times)

Revealing Raptors Rumor
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I have been monitoring this forum for months looking for ways to get involved in a trade where we can net a promising young center. Some of the proposals are reasonable, most are laughable. We are either getting too much, or giving away too much. WCS is not going to be available past pick 6... ill bet my 89 civic on it. Miles Turner....? maybe. But what do we have to give up to move into the 8-9 range? Bradley? Sully? Picks? I think Valanciunas has a ton of upside. I doubt he will come cheap, but in this draft madness, could we not snag him for a more reasonable ransom? Would you want him? and what would you give up (what would it take)?

• Raptors shopping stars? Kotoch also reports that Toronto GM Masai Ujiri is "actively exploring" trades for All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry, former All-Star shooting guard DeMar DeRozan, and developing young center Jonas Valanciunas. Ujiri reportedly believes his team has peaked and is willing to "blow up" the roster.

Re: Revealing Raptors Rumor
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:49:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Valanciunas would be a great target, but Ujiri typically doesn't 'lose' trades so I assume it'll be at a bit of an overpay.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Valanciunas would require a god-father offer.  I like JV, but I think he's probably more of a guy you acquire after you already have a star or two in place.

The same is true of Lowry and Derozan, plus Lowry is a little on the old side at this point, and Derozan is a tricky fit.

It makes sense that the Raps are blowing up the roster because despite being good for 45-50 wins each season with that core, they don't have anybody who is a clear-cut perennial All-Star, which is a big part of why they have done nothing in the playoffs the last two years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
The starting point for Masai is probably Smart and some draft assets. It's hard for me to see anyone presently on our roster other than Smart and maybe Young that might interest him. I don't see us as a good trading partner for them.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Imagine if they blow up their team to rebuild we might win the division by default over them, Nets, Knicks, and 76rs. Lol

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The Atlantic belongs to Boston like how it should be!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I got the ultimate best case offseason scenario.

Pheonix and Toronto are shopping some very talented, young players and I think we have some legitimate opportunities to grab them using the young players and picks we have.

The first trade for Toronto has Derozan involved. Ujiri has said that he would flip his players for players that better fit the scheme of what Toronto was doing. Bradley fits better with Toronto's plans because he is a better off ball player to complement Lowry, but he is also a better defender. It's obvious the benefit of trading for Derozan besides a go-to scorer.

Trade #1:

Boston receives:
SG Demar Derozan

Toronto receives:
SG Avery Bradley
PF Kelly Olynyk
SG/SF James Young
and
Pick 33

Trade #2:

Pheonix receives:

PG Marcus Smart
PF Jared Sullinger
and
Dallas' First round pick next year

Boston receives:

PG Eric Bledsoe

Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight will struggle to coexist in the backcourt because both are ball dominant players. Marcus Smart provides the defensive impact of of Bledsoe without the ball dominant play forming a very good backcourt duo.

Charlotte receives:

Pick 16
Pick 28
and
Pick 45

Boston receives:

Pick 9

Boston selects SF Stanley Johnson at 9.

Kevin Love likes what he sees going on in Boston and joins the party for a max.

We then grab Robin Lopez even though we will probably be going over the cap.

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Demar Derozan
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Robin Lopez

We would still have Thomas and Zeller coming off the bench, but besides that I'm not sure how our bench would look.

Either way I think that is the greatest offseason that could put us in contention.