Author Topic: Bennett  (Read 14014 times)

Re: Bennett
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
1000x yes.  For all your Anthony Bennett needs, see this thread:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=78383.0

In it I explained why id trade #16 for him.  It's like this trade rumor was created to taunt me.

Only issue is his salary cutting into our cap.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 12:07:48 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
1000x yes.  For all your Anthony Bennett needs, see this thread:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=78383.0

In it I explained why id trade #16 for him.  It's like this trade rumor was created to taunt me.

No 16 for him????!!! My goodness son..

He might be worth  a second rounder

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
I'm not sure Bennett will ever be even a rotation player. A part of me wouldn't mind seeing what CBS could do with him tho. That cap space he'll take up gives me pause on the whole thing.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Haha - Was waiting for your reaction.

It sounds like this deal is more for cost cutting from Minny's point of view than anything else. The 2 2nds for the late first is even in itself (and I'd be happier with those anyway).

We would essentially be giving up on signing a 2nd max (or near max) FA if we did this, but as for value, it obviously makes sense and you did a good job laying that out LarBrd.

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

No 16 for him????!!! My goodness son..

He might be worth  a second rounder
Yes.  read that post. I explained why I felt Bennett had a higher ceiling than what we will get at 16.

Seriously is jake fisher a real source?  Isn't he the same guy who claimed the celtics were trying to trade smart and 16 for noel and 3?   I'm highly suspicious of both of these "rumors". It's like they are coming from someone who has been reading my threads. Lol

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a great athlete, can shoot well.  Why not model his game after Draymond Green? They are very similar in size, athleticism.  He is much more athletic than Crowder, whom I also like.

Because he can't stay in shape and has a lot of the same issues as Sully.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Fischer is a Sixers blogger over at Liberty Ballers who also works at the Boston Globe and for Sports Illustrated.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
No. He clogs up our cap space and can't play. Other than that I love the idea.

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I would do that deal.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
No. He clogs up our cap space and can't play. Other than that I love the idea.

Lol. You forgot the sarcasm font.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Fischer is a Sixers blogger over at Liberty Ballers who also works at the Boston Globe and for Sports Illustrated.
"Journalism major at Northeastern University. Staff Writer at SBNation's Liberty Baller"

I take both of these rumors with a major grain of salt.  I know it's totally unlikely, but this blog is fairly popular and I sometimes get the sinking feeling that actual members of the team occasionally browse this forum to read into the fan opinion.   Is that totally outlandish?  Sometimes I post something and think to myself, "man I wonder if this would irritate the celtics if they read it... Like what if Ainge is actually trying to land Bennett for nothing and our 10 page thread arguing about him being worth more than #16 is being forwarded to Danny by Flip Saunders as a joke".  Is it entirely unthinkable ? 

I was once in an elevator with fab Melo and Avery Bradley.  I said hello and let them know I was a Celtic fan.  But in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "ok there's like 0% chance these guys have any idea who LarBrd33 on celticsblog is... But if they did, would I be getting a punch in the face for something I flippantly said about them as a joke?"...   

If there's a member of the actual celtics out there reading these threads,  reach out to me and let me know if I'm totally cramping your style.  You don't have to leak fake rumors to jake Fischer in order to counter my dumb threads. Thanks. 

Lol.  Kidding, of course.  Anyways, sign me up for getting Bennett for free. Kid has the tools to be a player. He just needs the right situation and time.  His potential is still there.

At this rate... A rumor will come out that the Kings are trying to give away #6 to whoever will take on Nik stauskas's contract and that Boston is considering it.  Lol.

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
And the question is: "What proof do we have that DA really is tanking?"

But in a world where he already had a destination for a handful of second-rounders, I'd be willing to take on the salary.

Mike

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 12:37:08 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
It makes sense to me if:

* We're going to stash or trade all of the 2nd rounders (and save about $1M on #28)
* We're anticipating trading at least one of KO or Sully (in which case we'll need another bench big, and 1 year of Bennett off the bench in our system isn't crazy)

#31 + #36 is clearly more valuable than #28 - same talent level but 2 flexible deals instead of 1 guaranteed ones, so they would in fact be paying us to take on the salary. Bennett has been pretty awful, but being paid for 1 year with low expectations is worth it. We're not in play for 2 max FAs this offseason. Nobody is. Which two exactly are going to make unrestricted moves to the same team, let alone Boston?

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Lol.  Kidding, of course.  Anyways, sign me up for getting Bennett for free. Kid has the tools to be a player. He just needs the right situation and time.  His potential is still there.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found him!  The wonder of the modern world!  The freak our our times!  The Boston Celtics fan who has nicer things to say about Anthony Bennett than Marcus Smart!

Mike

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found him!  The wonder of the modern world!  The freak our our times!  The Boston Celtics fan who has nicer things to say about Anthony Bennett than Marcus Smart!

Mike
I wouldn't trade smart for Bennett. I'd trade 16 for Bennett if it didn't hurt our cap situation. So obviously I'd do this trade where we get him for free

I've called smart our best asset many times.