Author Topic: Bennett  (Read 14019 times)

Re: Bennett
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 11:24:55 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Getting tired of just seeing Boston get guys that just take up space on the bench...ala Wallace and now Bennett if this happens. His 5.2 ppg last year were mighty impressive.

He is often fat and out of shape and couldn't get minutes on a bad T wolves team (played in like 50 games). He isn't all of the sudden going to change his habits. He is what he is...a huge draft bust.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I thought of Bennett as a 4 in a 3's body (+30 lbs of chub, at one point) with McGee's bball IQ and possibly some mental scarring after a bummy rookie season following injuries that kept him out of summer league and camp.

So, no thanks? He's like a poor man's Bass. Lol. Weak draft obviously, and some reportedly projected him as low as 10, but man... tough outcome.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I think the draft pick value is appropriate. I just don't want him at all because of the salary.

Why is the rookie salary a dealbreaker?

The rookie scale is pretty significant at the top, he made more than $5 million last year and it's only gonna increase

So is the salary cap. I don't see Bennett's deal being an albatross under any circumstances.

Definitely not an albatross, and it has a team option for next season, but it could be an issue if Danny wants to be a player in FA
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He is a great athlete, can shoot well.  Why not model his game after Draymond Green? They are very similar in size, athleticism.  He is much more athletic than Crowder, whom I also like.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Because he doesn't have the heart or will that Green has. He doesn't want it like that. That is not going to change..some guys have it...others do not. Bennett doesn't

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I just want Thursday to get here already. Tired of these rumors.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
good overall, wonder what magic Stevens could do with Bennett
If a guy can't play it doesn't matter who's coaching him.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I would hope he would be shipped out soon after if we do this deal for him. Danny said he didn't want more draft picks. I would think he would try and flip him for something else.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
If this happens it means sully and those picks they acquire in this proposed trade would be sent back out in a package for an upgrade (cousins? 3rd, 4th, 8th or 9th pick?)

this is a precursor deal, a lot of teams like the value in 2nd round and back end of draft. These picks help that

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Because he doesn't have the heart or will that Green has. He doesn't want it like that. That is not going to change..some guys have it...others do not. Bennett doesn't

had it in college.  can be resurrected with good coaching.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If this happens it means sully and those picks they acquire in this proposed trade would be sent back out in a package for an upgrade (cousins? 3rd, 4th, 8th or 9th pick?)

this is a precursor deal, a lot of teams like the value in 2nd round and back end of draft. These picks help that

Exactly what i am thinking. This doesn't make sense to grab two more picks from the 2nd round. I'd do it if we can flip either Bennet along with picks to move up or involve him in a deal to get a good vet here.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I like the idea of two high second round picks (non-guaranteed contracts) in exchange for our low first rounder (guaranteed contract).  It's a low risk way of taking a flyer on a prospect who probably will be a bust, but also could turn out like former second rounders like Draymond Green, Khris Middleton or our own Isaiah Thomas. 

For instance, the 31st pick would be an ideal spot to take a shot at Robert Upshaw.  He's a high risk project because of his questionable personal habits and health issues.  If he can clean up his act, you have a star ... and if he reverts to his former ways you can give him the boot at any time without worrying about long-term contractual obligations.

As for Anthony Bennett, wouldn't it be possible to buy out his contract?

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I just want Thursday to get here already. Tired of these rumors.

haha, me too.
Thought then all the FA rumors start up in earnest!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Sure, if he wants one.

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I like the idea of two high second round picks (non-guaranteed contracts) in exchange for our low first rounder (guaranteed contract).  It's a low risk way of taking a flyer on a prospect who probably will be a bust, but also could turn out like former second rounders like Draymond Green, Khris Middleton or our own Isaiah Thomas. 

For instance, the 31st pick would be an ideal spot to take a shot at Robert Upshaw.  He's a high risk project because of his questionable personal habits and health issues.  If he can clean up his act, you have a star ... and if he reverts to his former ways you can give him the boot at any time without worrying about long-term contractual obligations.

We could, but all we would gain from it would be a roster spot (he has no reason to take less monay, and the full salary counts against the cap no matter what)

I don't see it happening, but there's no reason why it couldn't
I'm bitter.