Author Topic: Logical Draft Day Trade: Bradley and 16th pick for Henderson and 9th pick  (Read 3450 times)

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If WCS is available at 9, I think this deal makes pretty clear sense for both parties. To me, this is the most likely move into the Top 10 for the Cs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If WCS is available at 9, I think this deal makes pretty clear sense for both parties. To me, this is the most likely move into the Top 10 for the Cs.

But wouldn't Charlotte just take WCS at #9 and keep him?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Between Sullinger, Bradley, James Young, and Danny's stockpile of draft picks, I wonder what it would take to aquire both the #6 pick and the #9 pick.

Stanley Johnson or Justice Winslow at 6

WCS or Myles Turner at 9

Throw in Marcus Smart and you have a pretty good trio to build around, Thomas would provide offense, maybe Olynyk would be a good pf option with this group.

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Has their been one credible report that has Avery being involved in any deal?   oh,  and wcs is not making it to pick 9.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Between Sullinger, Bradley, James Young, and Danny's stockpile of draft picks, I wonder what it would take to aquire both the #6 pick and the #9 pick.

Stanley Johnson or Justice Winslow at 6

WCS or Myles Turner at 9

Throw in Marcus Smart and you have a pretty good trio to build around, Thomas would provide offense, maybe Olynyk would be a good pf option with this group.

I'd much rather use draft picks to trade for a veteran.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we will try to move one of Sullinger or Olynyk long before we attempt to move Bradley.

Bradley didn't have the best year last year but he did shoulder the offensive load more than he has in the past. With the cap jumping next year, and (presumably) more talent around him to help him take more quality shots, I think his efficiency goes up and his trade value does too.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Charlotte needs 3 point shooting and depth at the 2 like a car needs wheels. I like Bradley -- not dying to give him up. But in doing this deal, Charlotte acquires two quality swing guys that fit clear, glaring team need (by taking the best of Hunter, Oubre, Looney, Johnson, whoever at 16, and getting Bradley in the process).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

All the reports say they're looking for shooting, not bigs. That could certainly not be true, but it makes sense. That team had serious spacing issues. Bradley would do well there, but if we do a deL with CHA I think they'll want Zeller to back up Big Al and draft Booker or Hunter at 16

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14

If WCS is there I rather just send them KO and the 16th for the 9th to draft WCS.  I don't want to get rid of Bradley since he's basically the team captain.  This way we could resign Sully who has more value to me then KO.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Because AB hasn't been in rumors, I prepared myself over the last week to accept that he will be shipped out. Danny usually does the deal with no leaks until it's already done. I am sad but dealing with it, if he isn't sent on his way it will be better to be relieved than caught off guard and have to be happy about his haul because I trust DA's work.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bradley is probably the easiest to move for decent value because of his semi-reliable outside shot and his defensive reputation.  Teams in the top 10 that are interested in competing this upcoming year could use a decent role player with those qualities.

If somebody is traded in a draft-day move, it'll probably be Bradley, though Olynyk is a possibility as well.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Just want to point out my intel on Hendo was good here,
for those of you who doubt my cred with sources. Just because he was traded doesn't mean Bradley won't end up there tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
for those of you who doubt my cred with sources. Just because he was traded doesn't mean Bradley won't end up there tomorrow. Stay tuned.

When did  you mention sources?
This was an idea of yours.
It doesn't involve us, doesn't involve any picks and involves Henderson. You buds with Chris Broussard ? I apologize on behalf of everyone who didn't give a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, great intel. Too bad everyone knows that they've been trying to get rid of Henderson forever and out of the four assets you mentioned (Bradley, #9, #16, Henderson), Henderson is the worst.

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
This is an impressive thread, it took only 12 hours to be 100% wrong, is that the record? Must be top 10 failed threads, couldn't even make it to draft day without being wrong haha.