Author Topic: If Smart is traded for Cousins would you consider bringing back Rondo?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
No. I don't think he fits into what Stevens is trying to do here. Rondo needs the ball in his hands at all times and lacks an outside shot.
Don't think it's a good fit.
Oh yeah, there's also the fact he's a self serving jerk.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
(1) Premise of the thread won't happen
(2) No, no more Rondo on the Celtics.  Let him play out his career in LA, Sacramento, or China.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I don't think Rondo is going China like many people like to think he's playing his way to. If Cousins is here, then I would love to welcome back Rondo. Probably pointless since I don't think you can get players you've traded for a year.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just no.

It was pretty evident that he did not fit CBS' system.

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
NO
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He still hasn't played defense .."3 years now

Not thinking he is going to sacrifice his body to win anymore . 

No defense .....no pay check ......his offense already is bad

The gig is up with Rondo .

He might make a decent assistant coach

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
All would depend on what we give up for Cousins to me.  If it's Smart, KO and maybe a 1st or two 1st.  Then I'd resign Rondo for a one year deal with say a team option for another.  See if Rondo can get his career going again, and seeing the Kings are after him, taking a guess maybe he's wanted to play with Boogie it might do him well.  But honestly I wouldn't offer him a deal anywhere close to what he'd want.  I'd say like 6 million a year if that.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't even think getting Cousins is the way to go (I think we will need to give up too much such as 3 players and 4 picks) much less bring back Rondo too.

I would love to see a Cousins and Rondo experiment blow up on the Lakers though.

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
No way.  I was a long-time Rondo supporter, but he lost me when he said he didn't play D for 2 years.  The height of his hubris to openly flog the basketball Gods like that.  Perhaps Mark Cuban bought stock in the 'playoff Rondo' myth, even though the warning signs were there.  He had a couple great years, time to let it go.  Amazing Ainge was able to extract some value in the 11th hour, and the fact that Rajon didn't cause any more ruffles here, is further testament to Brad Stevens. 

Could he have a small bounce back and represent value at some price?  I guess it's possible, but if so, will happen with a clean slate somewhere. 

Time to move on. 

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
No way.  I was a long-time Rondo supporter, but he lost me when he said he didn't play D for 2 years.  The height of his hubris to openly flog the basketball Gods like that.  Perhaps Mark Cuban bought stock in the 'playoff Rondo' myth, even though the warning signs were there.  He had a couple great years, time to let it go.  Amazing Ainge was able to extract some value in the 11th hour, and the fact that Rajon didn't cause any more ruffles here, is further testament to Brad Stevens. 

Could he have a small bounce back and represent value at some price?  I guess it's possible, but if so, will happen with a clean slate somewhere. 

Time to move on.

That quote is really taken out of context. Rondo was complimenting Avery Bradley by saying that he "didn't really have to play defense" in Boston due to Bradley's excellent job defending the main ballhandlers on teams. Then, Rondo said he had to take responsibility in Dallas and assume the duties of guarding primary ballhandlers (which he did quite well there). Rondo was complimenting Bradley and saying how awesome it was to have a guy like him on the team. He wasn't trashing the Celtics or saying he didn't try.