Author Topic: If Smart is traded for Cousins would you consider bringing back Rondo?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Could we? I appreciate it might be a polarising question, but I think Boogie and Rondo would match very well.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
No.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Bring back Russel or Bird instead.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Could we? I appreciate it might be a polarising question, but I think Boogie and Rondo would match very well.

He is never coming back. Let it go bro

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I love Rondo but it is time to move on. It4 is the future.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
not sure why anyone in the league would really want rondo at this point. He essentially just sabotaged Dallas' whole season by himself didn't he?  I'm sure someone will sign him, but I think whoever does will be doing it as a back up plan, not as their first choice.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Why when we have it4 whom boogie is also friends with and it'll mess up chemistry

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I would, yes, because I think that there is a window to lock Rondo down at a good price. Physically and mentally, next year ought to be a peak year for him, and given everything he was able to do up until his injury, rehab, trade, and turmoil, reacquiring him would be a shrewd move.

You're hitting on a bigger question, of course. A Cousins trade will not be an isolated event. If we do trade for Cousins, that move will be accompanied by at least two other major veteran acquisitions, and I doubt Rondo would be the biggest of them. What would those be? Jimmy Butler, I'm sure, is the number one target. Paul Milsap would be a compatible front-court mate.

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
TP! I am pretty sure that, if LAL were to succeed in trading for Boogie, Rondo is the next domino. He was such a force here, I do not understand the disrespect. Regardless, logic dictates he would be a good fit with Boogie if you find a scoring wing.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

maybe

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
No. I'm as big a Rondo fan as anyone, but comeback seasons on one year deals usually happen in places with a clean slate (where the player has no memories in fans' minds). That way, everyone can start fresh, and he wouldn't be compared to his past self.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

maybe

Cousins needs to be surrounded by shooters. The only guy Rondo pairs well with is Rondo.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Ye---Yea----NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Good God....no.  The advantage to having Cousins is that he commands a double team. There needs to be competent shooters around him.

Contrary to those who think Rondo is the only guy in the NBA that can pass...it really isnt that difficult to dump a ball down to a 7'0 center.

Pass.     (pun intended)

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
No.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team