Author Topic: Help Sacto to sign Rondo  (Read 1492 times)

Help Sacto to sign Rondo
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:06:57 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Here's the deal: 
Cs send #16, Olynyk to Sacto
Cs get: Rudy Gay

While DMC is our main target there's a real possibility Vivek Ranadive don't let anyone trade him & despite some rumors the Kings reportedly want to build around Cousins & add some pieces around him. On the top of their wishlist is Rondo who, according to Woj, they are trying to make room for.

Why sac do it: Trading Gay to us help them to have more space to go after Rondo, they also receive Olynyk & another 1st this year which is a good deal.

Why we do it: Adding Rudy Gay, who averaged 21.1ppg, 5.9rpg & 3.5apg this season, is a major upgrade on the wing & will definitely help/solve our scoring deficiency. Also his $12,403,101 salary for next year fits well on our $12,9m TPE & alllows us to have enough cap space to sign either DJ or Brook Lopez to a max contract so it's win-win for everyone.

Thoughts?

Re: Help Sacto to sign Rondo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 06:34:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Here's the deal: 

While DMC is our main target there's a real possibility Vivek Ranadive don't let anyone trade him & despite some rumors the Kings reportedly want to build around Cousins & add some pieces around him. On the top of their wishlist is Rondo who, according to Woj, they are trying to make room for.

Why sac do it: Trading Gay to us help them to have more space to go after Rondo, they also receive Olynyk & another 1st this year which is a good deal.

Why we do it: Adding Rudy Gay, who averaged 21.1ppg, 5.9rpg & 3.5apg this season, is a major upgrade on the wing & will definitely help/solve our scoring deficiency. Also his $12,403,101 salary for next year fits well on our $12,9m TPE & alllows us to have enough cap space to sign either DJ or Brook Lopez to a max contract so it's win-win for everyone.

Thoughts?

1) You can't combined a TPE with a player, only with draft picks.  So we could offer #16 and then absorb gay with the Exception, but we couldn't offer Olynyk + #16 + TPE. 

2) Not convinced the Kings would do it, even if it did give them the cap space to sign Rondo.  I'm sure they could get more for gay than Olynyk and a mid first rounder

3) I think we have about 1% change of getting Jordan either way, and I have zero (actually less than zero) interest in Brook Lopez.  Taking him away from Brooklyn makes them better (by removing his contract and his negative Real-Plus-Minus value) which in turn risks making their draft pick next year less valuable 

If we could do it, would I?

Hmm...I don't know.  Bass is a free agent this year and Sully expires after this year and isn't likely to get re-signed, so Olynyk is the only PF we are certain to have under contract after this year.  Much as we need a SF, I'm not sure I'd want to weaken us at one position just to strengthen us at another.

I also wouldn't want to start Rudy at PF because the stats show that his defence dropped off horrendously this year while he spent more time at the PF spot (DRPM dropped from being top 20 at the position to bottom 6 at the position). 

I'd think about it though, especially if we could re-sign bass on a good deal or pick up a key free agent to fill in at PF (Millsap maybe?).

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Here's the deal: 

Thoughts?

1) You can't combined a TPE with a player, only with draft picks.  So we could offer #16 and then absorb gay with the Exception, but we couldn't offer Olynyk + #16 + TPE. 

While technically correct, this is practically incorrect, as the proposed deal works just fine.  Trades can be structured differently for each team involved in the trade.  For example, when we made the Brookyln trade, to Brooklyn it was one giant trade, but for Boston it was broken into two trades (this is how we got the Pierce TPE, since you can only get TPE's in one-for-one or one-for zero trades.  It was structured as Pierce for Bogans.)  This proposed deal would be one trade for Sacramento, but two trades for Boston -- Gay for TPE and pick, and Olynyk by himself (we'd get an Olynyk-sized TPE.)  technically SAC would have to send us another one of those top-55 protected picks, or cash (I think at least $75,000), but both are rather negligible.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:27 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
Here's the deal: 

Thoughts?

2) Not convinced the Kings would do it, even if it did give them the cap space to sign Rondo.  I'm sure they could get more for gay than Olynyk and a mid first rounder

3) I think we have about 1% change of getting Jordan either way, and I have zero (actually less than zero) interest in Brook Lopez.  Taking him away from Brooklyn makes them better (by removing his contract and his negative Real-Plus-Minus value) which in turn risks making their draft pick next year less valuable 

If we could do it, would I?

Hmm...I don't know.  Bass is a free agent this year and Sully expires after this year and isn't likely to get re-signed, so Olynyk is the only PF we are certain to have under contract after this year.  Much as we need a SF, I'm not sure I'd want to weaken us at one position just to strengthen us at another.

I also wouldn't want to start Rudy at PF because the stats show that his defence dropped off horrendously this year while he spent more time at the PF spot (DRPM dropped from being top 20 at the position to bottom 6 at the position). 

I'd think about it though, especially if we could re-sign bass on a good deal or pick up a key free agent to fill in at PF (Millsap maybe?).

Ok. So:
1- Let's just remove Olynyk frrom here
2- Yes but considering they'll have only $8.5m available; it's not  enough to sign Rondo who will ask for $10m/yr or more. Currently we are the only team with enough assets to make a deal & cap space to absorb his contract without sending a single $ back. Can still add that Mavs 1st to tthe deal
3- Don't know about DJ but Lopez is an All-Star center who's just entering in his prime we should really go after him. Doubtful it will make them better,  he's the reason why they made it to the playoffs this year & i'm pretty sure no body want to play for them. Also i won't mind getting rid of Olynyk, he's not particulary good & there's 2-3 guys late in the first or the 2nd round who will easily replace his floor & for Sully it will be easy to resign him because nobody will overpay for an overweighted & lazy big man.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Since Vivek Ranadive wants to unload Rudy Gay so they have enough cap space for Rondo, we should see if he is willing to unload stauskas as well.  We can absorb the salary of both and send back a 2nd rounder.

Then since Vlade Divac supposedly prefers veteran contributors over prospects/picks in a DeMarcus Cousins trade, we can send him a package built around Rudy Gay for Cousins. 

Everyone wins.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
Since Vivek Ranadive wants to unload Rudy Gay so they have enough cap space for Rondo, we should see if he is willing to unload stauskas as well.  We can absorb the salary of both and send back a 2nd rounder.

Then since Vlade Divac supposedly prefers veteran contributors over prospects/picks in a DeMarcus Cousins trade, we can send him a package built around Rudy Gay for Cousins. 

Everyone wins.
Stauskas is available too, it will take more than a 2nd rounde but it's a good deal considering his potential & the tpes we have. But i'm not sure they'll take Gay back, make no sense to trade him & bring him again. If they really wanted him, they wouldn't trade him.