Author Topic: John Henson avaiable?  (Read 1251 times)

John Henson avaiable?
« on: June 23, 2015, 11:05:45 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The Bucks are definitely exploring ways to move up. John Henson could be dangled as trade bait, as well as a 2016 first-round pick obtained from the Los Angeles Clippers.

Would be an interesting option for the c's if they can get in on a 3 way deal. Would be a better defensive anchor than anyone on the roster. Or we could go after his former teammate Larry Sanders if he wants to come back....

Re: John Henson avaiable?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I thought Henson showed enough improvement last season to convince me to trade the #16 pick for him. Surprised they are trying to trade him again though. That is pretty [dang]ing. Also disappointed by how little weight he managed to gain after all that noise (press) he got last summer for working on his body.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's never been clear what John Henson's fit is in the NBA.

Much like Mason Plumlee, he's a pogo stick who can rebound and finish, but he has very little offensive skill for a PF and not enough bulk to be particularly good defensively at the 5.

I know Henson's been batted around here as a potential trade target for a long time now, but I think the Celts already have a better player in Zeller.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I guess putting Henson alongside Monroe, if we sign him, might work since Monroe is defensively challenged and Henson can be a rim defender from the 4. I'm not really sure that Stevens would have the kind of floor spacing that his offense requires. Tough call but an interesting idea.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Shoddy reporting: MIL has the Clips 2017 pick (top-14 protected).

Clips cannot trade their 2016 due to Stepien Rule (2015 to BOS, 2017 to MIL).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does Henson pass the "Would player X have gotten playing time in the latest NBA Finals?" test?

I submit that he does not.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Really?

Henson is a very good athletic big that I'd love to have on the Celts.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I guess putting Henson alongside Monroe, if we sign him, might work since Monroe is defensively challenged and Henson can be a rim defender from the 4. I'm not really sure that Stevens would have the kind of floor spacing that his offense requires. Tough call but an interesting idea.
I wouldn't have any interest in Henson if we landed Monroe in FA. I think maybe it is best to keep the #16 pick for now and see how free agency plays out. Then decide on Henson.