Author Topic: Draft and Free Agents, Best Case. Idea  (Read 656 times)

Draft and Free Agents, Best Case. Idea
« on: June 20, 2015, 09:03:53 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
First part of this is I want Pierce to come home, he needs another ring in Boston and we have the talent to do it, if we do this.  Secondly we need the draft to fall right so Willie Cauley Stein falls to the 8th spot to the Pistons or the 9th spot to the Hornets.  Same deal could go to either team because it gives them both players of worth and our 16th pick.  I'm sending KO, Turner preferably or Young and the 16th pick.  Drafting Willie Cauley Stein to give us our center of the future.  At the 28th pick I'm praying Montrezl Harrell or Kelly Oubre are there.  Montrezi Harrell is they guy I'd really like, but if Kelly Oubre is there his upside is to much to pass on if he slips this far.  More likely Kevon Looney or Rakeem Christmas at this pick.  With the 33rd pick I'm rolling the dice with Robert Upshaw.  The 45th pick I'm packaging up in the deal I have in my head.  The Celtics are trying to still move Gerald Wallace and willing to move a future 1st.  I'm sending Gerald Wallace, 2015 45th pick and 2016 Celtics 1st to whoever will take this deal, honestly throw in another 2nd rounder in future years, we have enough of them. 

As for free agency I've already said I want to resign Pierce and bring him back for another year, maybe a second year option.  We resign Jae Crowder because of his versatility and how he plays the game.  This should leave us enough room to sign two free agents to max deals or almost max deals.  Dream case  if we could get Kawhi Leonard he's my number one option but I doubt the Spurs are letting him walk.  So best case Option 1A for max deal player I want Greg Monroe even though LaMarcus Aldridge is better, but I'm looking at age and some injury history.  Option 1B LaMarcus Aldridge, because would be an improvement over Jared Sullinger even though I want to keep Jared Sullinger and resign.  If we somehow could get Kawhi Leonard then either one of these big are Option 2 for the max player.  Going strictly off what's been said Jimmy Butler wants to gamble and only do a short term deal, I'm buying and hoping to resign him by showing him we'll add more.  If not Option 2 with Jimmy Butler we have a lot of wiggle room to take on a big contract or sign more free agents next year. 

Plus plenty of new young talent to be coming with all our future draft picks. 

Celtics Roster in the best case as what I've put down with drafting and free agents

Center - Willie Cauley Stein, Tyler Zeller, Robert Upshaw 33rd pick
Power Forward - Greg Monroe or LaMarcus Aldridge, Jared Sullinger, 28th pick Montrezl Harrell or Kevon Looney or Rakeem Christmas         
Small Forward - Dream case with Kawhi Leonard, Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder, Evan Turner (If Young is traded), Kelly Oubre 28th Pick
Shooting Guard - Jimmy Butler, Avery Bradley, James Young (If Turner is traded)
Point Guard - Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Phil Pressey (If he's still under contract)