Author Topic: James Young article  (Read 12402 times)

Re: James Young article
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
James Young on bulking up and improving: "seeing how I was getting pushed around...that's not gonna happen anymore."

I like that attitude, when you get bullied and get knocked down, get better, get up and knock him back down  ;)

Smart probably knocked him around a few times, he's going to need more than 20lbs to stop it from happening again.  ;D

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
James Young on bulking up and improving: "seeing how I was getting pushed around...that's not gonna happen anymore."

I like that attitude, when you get bullied and get knocked down, get better, get up and knock him back down  ;)

Smart probably knocked him around a few times, he's going to need more than 20lbs to stop it from happening again.  ;D

Then I hope Smart keeps knocking him down :D

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 01:21:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
James Young has added 15 plus lbs of muscle, 3 inches on his vert and has been in the gym as much as any player on the C's.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4719574/james-young-working-to-silence-the-doubters

woohoo sweet.  He was already jumping 35 inch vert max.

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
His draft measurements from 2014 were 6'-5.25" w/o shoes, 6'-6.75" with shoes, 213 lbs.  Add 15 lbs to that and he is pretty close to what Pierce was at similar age (For comparison, Pierce was 6'-6" w/o shoes, 229 lbs).  Pierce was 20 years, 8 months old when drafted, Young is currently 19 years 10 months.

I have no problem giving Young a mulligan on his rookie "development" year.  He won't even be 20 years old until August.  He still has a ways to go to prove he is an NBA player but he has more promise than most of the players that will be drafted this year.

It is funny how impressions of a draft pick vs. an actual player change.  Compare Young to Stanley Johnson or Winslow.  Does anyone know that either will be better than Young in say 2 years?  If you could pick any of the 3, who would you pick?  It is tough to say but I think I would stay with Young.

You bring up a good point. Young is 5 months older then Winslow and 3 months older then Johnson. He is also taller and longer then either rookie. The difference right now is the fact that Winslow and Johnson both are projected to be better NBA defenders and this is an area that young has struggled. The fact remains that he has the physical tools to excel on D.

The sky is the limit for Young and the fact that he appears to be putting in the work and is still so young really is encouraging. This summer league is going to be huge for him. If he can get out their and look like a pro amongst rookies then its a good sign for things to come.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
His draft measurements from 2014 were 6'-5.25" w/o shoes, 6'-6.75" with shoes, 213 lbs.  Add 15 lbs to that and he is pretty close to what Pierce was at similar age (For comparison, Pierce was 6'-6" w/o shoes, 229 lbs).  Pierce was 20 years, 8 months old when drafted, Young is currently 19 years 10 months.

I have no problem giving Young a mulligan on his rookie "development" year.  He won't even be 20 years old until August.  He still has a ways to go to prove he is an NBA player but he has more promise than most of the players that will be drafted this year.

It is funny how impressions of a draft pick vs. an actual player change.  Compare Young to Stanley Johnson or Winslow.  Does anyone know that either will be better than Young in say 2 years?  If you could pick any of the 3, who would you pick?  It is tough to say but I think I would stay with Young.

You bring up a good point. Young is 5 months older then Winslow and 3 months older then Johnson. He is also taller and longer then either rookie. The difference right now is the fact that Winslow and Johnson both are projected to be better NBA defenders and this is an area that young has struggled. The fact remains that he has the physical tools to excel on D.

The sky is the limit for Young and the fact that he appears to be putting in the work and is still so young really is encouraging. This summer league is going to be huge for him. If he can get out their and look like a pro amongst rookies then its a good sign for things to come.

TP for both of you, this summer league I would have very high expectations for Young. I want to see the fire in his eyes and want him to use these summer league games to make a statement.

Like Smart says, there will always be guys working harder than you either already in the league or coming into the league. Now is the time for  Young to prove to us why we should keep him, because if he doesn't work even harder than before, Rozier and Hunter will take his spot

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
He doesn't turn twenty till next month!

:o

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jay King @ByJayKing
Young off social media cuz "I'm just worried about me and getting better right now. Distractions, I'm just trying to put them to the side."

Jay King @ByJayKing
Don't know how it will spill over to court, but James Young sounds like he's approaching this season with a very different mentality.