Author Topic: James Young article  (Read 12404 times)

Re: James Young article
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2015, 11:47:15 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

" and losing bf is a great foundation to start this summer"

Oh wow. That's really sad. I didn't know he lost his boyfriend. #humor
The only thing that is sad is your lack of appreciation of my abbreviations and how cool they are.

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I gotta ask one question about James Young?

How athletic is he? Because he's hard to see his athleticism as he doesn't attack the rim that much.

Is he more athletic than Pierce at the same age?

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

How athletic is he? Because he's hard to see his athleticism as he doesn't attack the rim that much.

quite athletic actually. Have a gander at this video.
https://youtu.be/stfTh98D_1k

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2015, 10:41:13 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

That's pretty hard to answer, since I can't find Pierce's combine numbers anywhere. Even if I could Pierce didn't come out of college until after his Junior season of college ball. With James Young being, young for his class James Young is the same age now as Pierce was during his rookie season at Kansas.

On a random site that doesn't seem reputable, they listed Pierce's highest vertical at 38 inches. According to Forsberg's first article on Young his current vertical is 38.5.

Paul Pierce's best athletic asset has always been his strength. It's unlikely Young will ever match that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2015, 10:43:30 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36

Thanks man. I reckon that the ball slows him down a beat because he's very quick. I think that as soon as his ball handling skills will improve drastically,(in this video I can see that he's improving in that department) he'll be able to showcase his athleticism.

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Thanks man. I reckon that the ball slows him down a beat because he's very quick. I think that as soon as his ball handling skills will improve drastically,(in this video I can see that he's improving in that department) he'll be able to showcase his athleticism.
The dribble pull up 3 that he shot was great. If he develops consistent handles like that, he is going to be great for us.

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

The dribble pull up 3 that he shot was great. If he develops consistent handles like that, he is going to be great for us.
Ya whats even more special is that he is younger than a lot of freshman in this draft on Thursday. Thats why I believe he gained 15 lbs and has a higher vert because he is at that age where increases come easier and he never really lifted in a program before.

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc D'Amico @Marc_DAmico
James Young now clarifies that he meant that he's gained 20 pounds since the last season ended, not in the last year.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
James Young on bulking up and improving: "seeing how I was getting pushed around...that's not gonna happen anymore."

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Marc D'Amico @Marc_DAmico
James Young now clarifies that he meant that he's gained 20 pounds since the last season ended, not in the last year.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
James Young on bulking up and improving: "seeing how I was getting pushed around...that's not gonna happen anymore."
I love it.

We need one of our myriad of pretty good prospects to make a big leap and Im keeping my fingers crossed that James Young is the one.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Thanks for the James Young video. I feel much better about him in the future. I have been a real pessimist about him since I really only had what I saw during the season on the Celtics. He never impressed me in any way from his time playing for the Celts so this makes me feel better. Thanks

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I like that attitude, when you get bullied and get knocked down, get better, get up and knock him back down  ;)

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2015, 01:04:49 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wish everyone would stop jinxing my boy LOL I have a lot riding on him being good. I need him to figure it out because I need to shove it some of my friends and family's faces! I told them to give him a few seasons because he's so young but of course they had a field day after his rookie season. O.O
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
If he makes the leap, the Celtics are in business!

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Mark Murphy @Murf56
James Young says his focus since end of season was on improving work ethic. Has spent every day in gym at Waltham, often just with a coach.

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

The dribble pull up from the elbow reminded me a lot of Pierce.