Author Topic: Three team trade ideas to land the #9 pick  (Read 1208 times)

Three team trade ideas to land the #9 pick
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
As everyone probably noticed on the front page Chad Ford is speculating that the Bobcats will look for a SG/SF who can shoot now that they have traded Stephenson. He mentions Booker as an option at #9 but also says that they really like Hunter and would be willing to trade down for him. He goes on to say that the Cs are a likely trade partner but the Bobcats would likely want a player in return in order to add to a roster with some holes.

The logical first though in terms of a trade is offer #16 + #28 + #33. But this isnt likely enough and doesnt help the Bobcats win this year. Adding Turner may help but I would think they have learned their lesson and will want a player with shooting range. The fact that they do not need Sully or KO due to their depth at the 4/5 makes a 3 team deal the most likely. I'm not sure at this point who realy holds more value between KO and Sully. Sully is the better player but health, conditioning and a shorter contract likely devalue him.

Some ideas

To Raptors: KO or Sully

To Bobcats: Ross and #16

To Celtics : #9

Why, Bobcats add a dynamic young wing scorer and the #16, Raptors add youth at the PF, Cs will have a shot at Herzonja or S Johnson.

To Denver: KO or Sully

To Bobcats: Wilson and #16

To Celtics: #9

Why, this make take some addition cap related moves but just as above this deal gives the Bobcats a wing who can score. Wilson is more polished then Ross and maybe a better short term fix.

To Utah: KO and #16

To Bobcats: #11 , #45 and future 2nd from Utah

To Celtics : #9

Why, this trade leaves less of a gamble as to who the Bobcats will get at #11 rather then waiting will #16. The Jazz get a player in KO who could be an excellent 3rd big for them. They also get the #16 where they can add even more young depth to their team.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Three team trade ideas to land the #9 pick
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Last one seems the most feasible and pretty shrewd, second is also pretty feasible (though I don't see Denver having much interest in either Olynyk or Sully), first is ehh. Ross didn't have the best year this past season. Can't see him having top 10 pick value for Charlotte.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
first 2 may be more feasible but personally I think both KO and Sully have more value than Ross.  either trade gets Charlotte a player they can use and have a pick. 

third deal seems less likely if only because it doesn't get Charlotte what they want which is an experienced player and they drop 2 spots for 2 crappy second rounders.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
No. We would trade Bradley. Here is a link to my comment yesterday right after Lance was traded   http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=78619.45

The reason I would like to keep the 16 is to trade down possibly or basically do what it take to draft Upshaw. We may have a team filled with 4's but we don't have any legit big ones that are long and can play D. No more being weak. Also since we will most def not make the playoffs this coming year we will go into next draft only needing 3's but still be able to take BPA.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No. We would trade Bradley. Here is a link to my comment yesterday right after Lance was traded   http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=78619.45

Your linking one of your comments like it is a reference, that is hilarious.

I am for any trade that improves us by getting rid of guys who can't play D in the NBA.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:35 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

The reason I would like to keep the 16 is to trade down possibly or basically do what it take to draft Upshaw. We may have a team filled with 4's but we don't have any legit big ones that are long and can play D. No more being weak. Also since we will most def not make the playoffs this coming year we will go into next draft only needing 3's but still be able to take BPA.

wouldn't it be possible to sign a defensive minded big in FA, rather than roll the nuclear dice on Upshaw early? DE has him at 37, nbadraft has him undrafted. The guy can block shots, can't really do much else on defense, how is his game going to translate when he can't sit in the paint and just be big.