Author Topic: Idea: WCS, Monroe, Harris  (Read 2237 times)

Idea: WCS, Monroe, Harris
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:52:04 AM »

Offline HeadDoctorJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • trade Young, picks #16, #28 to Orlando/Denver/Detroit for Cauley-Stein
  • sign Monroe
  • trade Sullinger, Wallace, 2016 Minnesota 1st to Orlando for Harris

Roster:
  • PG- Smart, Thomas, Pressey
  • SG- Turner, Bradley, Brown (pick #33), Babb
  • SF- Harris, Crowder, Datome
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko
  • C- Zeller, Olynyk, Cauley-Stein

EDIT:
What I like about these additions (and this roster) is the wide range of skill sets, the positional versatility, and the mix of offensive and defensive potential.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:09:08 AM by HeadDoctorJ »

Re: Idea: WCS, Monroe, Harris
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:06:51 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:
What I like about these additions (and this roster) is the wide range of skill sets, the positional versatility, and the mix of offensive and defensive potential.
I like the roster, but why would WCS be 3rd string center?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm not sure about your starting lineup, and I'd like for us to get rid of Turner, but I think this would be my favorite offseason fantasy outside of something insane like landing Love and Jordan. I guess I'd change the trade for WCS to AB and #28 for #9 and Lance Stephenson, then our SG would be Stephenson with Young as the backup. If we do get at least 2 of Harris, WCS, and Monroe I'll be ecstatic though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'm not sure we can get rid of E.Turner until we know for sure that Smart is ready to carry a larger portion of running the offense.  Like it or not Turner is the teams blanky.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:

I have been advocating the signing of Harris and Monroe for a while now, but getting WCS and having Monroe play the PF is not a great fit.  I would trade up for Porzingis if I had my druthers, he can space the floor and protect the paint, Christian Wood if we traded up from 28 or back from 16 would be another option (both would take a couple years to develop though). 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:

I have been advocating the signing of Harris and Monroe for a while now, but getting WCS and having Monroe play the PF is not a great fit.  I would trade up for Porzingis if I had my druthers, he can space the floor and protect the paint, Christian Wood if we traded up from 28 or back from 16 would be another option (both would take a couple years to develop though).
You could also put WCS at PF instead give his athletic ability.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 01:03:31 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:

The problem is more at the offensive end, WCS defender would be able to double down on Monroe as WCS is not a threat to score from outside of 5 feet.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 01:10:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:

The problem is more at the offensive end, WCS defender would be able to double down on Monroe as WCS is not a threat to score from outside of 5 feet.
So have WCS cut in for the easy dunk or lob. Or have WCS set a screen on man so they can get an open pass from Monroe. Plenty of ways to take advantage of dbls even if a guy isn't a outside threat.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 02:37:31 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • sign Monroe

Roster:
  • PF- Monroe, Jerebko

EDIT:

I like the overall idea of adding Monroe, Harrisa and Cauley-Stein but not how you've done it. 

If we're able to movie up to get WCS with Young and the two first, I'm completely okay with doing this.  If I could trade Pressey, Babb and say the 45th instead of Young I'd be happier. 

Signing Monroe to be our starting power forward I like, even though personally I rather LaMarcus Aldridge.

To get Harris, is where I disagree.  I rather give up KO, Wallace and our first 1st rounder.  I think KO has more value for them, and keep Sully has more value for us.  Plus I think we still have a better record then then timberwolves.  I rather resign Sully for a three year deal, since I think he'll be a good trade piece for later on, even more then now.   

I don't think Datome and Jerebko are worth signing.  If I'm going to add someone I rather bring back Bass over Jerebko.  But ideally I rather try to bring in a SG/SF, someone like a Gerald Green if he'd be willing to come off our bench to help.  I think he could add value, if the price was alright and only for like a 2 to 3 year deal.  Or if we wanted to add more youth and a bigger price tag, a Iman Shumpert if we could get him away from the Cavs, which I doubt, but just a long shot.

Roster

PG- Smart, Thomas,
SG- Bradley, Turner, Young
SF- Harris, Crowder
PF- Monroe, Sully, Christmas (Pick 33)
C- Cauley-Stein, Zeller

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 02:54:38 PM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
Three first round picks for Willie Trill Cauley-Stein?  That's the proposition here. That's nuts.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Others have already said it but I dont like the WCS Monroe pairing. Id rather do the Young 16 28 to pick up Hezonja Winslow or Mudiay
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 03:11:20 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
A lot of rumors about Sac and WCS, so you might need to trade up to 5 which would take more assets than what is proposed. Would be easier to go up for Johnson etc