Author Topic: "Speculation" Monroe to sign with either Boston or NY (update on 1st page)  (Read 35435 times)

Re: "Speculation" Monroe to sign with either Boston or NY
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
ugghh....

so greg Monroe is so great and going to bring us to the promised land. how come he couldn't do that in Detroit?

this is aiming low at it's best imo.

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 10:06:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
What are the positives that Monroe can bring to the team? I'm not well informed on him.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjLUTdgYWo

Love to have him.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I really like the idea of trading sully and the #16 to move up for a SF, trading up from #28 for harell, and signing Monroe. I think Monroe would fit well with KO and Zeller. Both will provide enough spacing for Monroe to really succeed on offence. Harrel as the 4th big would give the Cs a great defensive big to develop who has shown some growth as a face up player and shooter.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
ugghh....

so greg Monroe is so great and going to bring us to the promised land. how come he couldn't do that in Detroit?

Who said that Monroe was going to bring the Celtics to the promised land? He's still very young and talented and will be a wonderful addition to the Celtics who need more talent.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'm not so aware of Monroe, but if he can rebound big then go for it!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
What are the positives that Monroe can bring to the team? I'm not well informed on him.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjLUTdgYWo

Love to have him.

He would be the best rebounder and post scorer we have on our team.
so basically a beefed up slimmed down version of Sully?

No, not really. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opw6NIo9XhY

Call me crazy, but I see similarity to him and Sullinger, especially in the low post game. I think that play like Monroe's could be quite a possibility if he sheds his weight. Thanks for the links!

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 10:24:46 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Part of what signing Monroe does, is make KO, Sully or Zeller even more tradeable. With the cap exploding, the privilege of getting a good player for cash alone is significant.

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
C's just HAVE TO cash in some chips on Draft Night.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
ugghh....

Aiming low? Detroit hasn't been trying to compete, let alone contend, since Monroe joined the league.

Would love to have Monroe.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
ugghh....

Aiming low? Detroit hasn't been trying to compete, let alone contend, since Monroe joined the league.

Would love to have Monroe.
I agree Monroe is a very talented 25 year old player, who at the 0-6 year max could well be a bargain.

He has a limited skillset (no jumper and an inability to cver on the perimeter or provide a shot-blocking presence) but if paired with the right player he can be a stud.

In Detroit, he looked like a star in the making untill Andre Drummond showed up. Neither can make jumpshots and Drummond is the far supperior interior defender so Monroe was forced to cover quicker 4s that he struggles with. I see no reason why Monroe cant defend the center position. If we can find a 4 who can block shots and stretch the floor Monroe could really really excel.

Obviously these guys are tough to find, but I think Monroe is talented and cheap enough that Id look to sign him anyway.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 10:53:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
He would be the best rebounder and post scorer we have on our team.
so basically a beefed up slimmed down version of Sully?

More like a FAR, FAR better and more efficient version of Sully

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
If we get Monroe I see him playing center.  We would need an athletic stretch 4 to play on his side...Portis has the size effort and range...might be a nice compliment.

+1....WCS, Jordan Mickey, Montrezl Harrell as shotblocking presence....I'd be thrilled to get Monroe. Just turned 25 last week. 5 years in the league. He's a center we could build around.
He played out of position and in Drummonds shadow in Detroit. He's got the physical tools to be a good defender. Fluid athlete.

Monroe and Love/Aldridge.....big-time defensive rebounding.

Agreed 1000 times!

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
ugghh....

What the heck are you talking about?

Monroe is one of the best free agents on the market and an ENORMOUS upgrade over what we have now at the 4 and 5. He instantly improves us exponentially.  Who cares what happened in Detroit? That's another team that's horribly run.

I hate when people point to bad teams like Minny and Detroit, and then question guys like Love and Monroe by saying "why didn't they lead their former teams to greatness?"

Last I checked, it's not up to one player to lead a bad team to the finals.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 11:11:50 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I was against this move for a long time but I can kinda see this working very well for us. Yes we do need a defensive minded center but doesn't half the league??

Think about it we were pretty [dang] good defensively with KO/Bass/Sully and Zeller/Jerebko in the frontcourt last season because of our hounds on defense (Smart, Bradley, Crowder)

Now I know Monroe is not a great defender but Zeller and Jerebko are still worse than him on the defensive end plus Monroe gives us a go to scoring option and a rebounding presence every game. I would roll the dice on him I think he could be a great piece to add.

He can play back to the basket, can shoot mid range, not a shabby passer, can move pretty quickly for a big man, a better defensive center than we currently have, and is YOUNG!!!
Let's get him Danny

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 11:17:52 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
No coincidence that the Pistons lost 10 straight at one point late in the season with him and when he went out with his injury they won 8 of 11, career loser in my book, not worth the money he is asking.Pass for me.