Author Topic: Towns,Okafor,Russell could drop/get #4pick  (Read 2456 times)

Towns,Okafor,Russell could drop/get #4pick
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
EDIT:More up in the air with Joel Embiid News and everything else. Also more talk about LAL trading down for 4th pick.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238177/DAngelo-Russell-Cancels-Visit-Workout-With-76ers

D'Angelo Russell was a last minute cancelation for a workout and visit this weekend with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Russell has been heavily linked to the 76ers with the No. 3 overall pick.

There have been reports that either the Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers could take Russell ahead of the 76ers, or he could now prefer to fall to the Knicks at No. 4.

Also the same writer has this:
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Russell-cancels-workout-with-Sixers.html

Maybe the Kristaps rumors could come true or Minny/LAL take Mudiay. It is very hard to go through all the rumors/expectations and have a concrete order.

I know there was a forum topic about getting the #4 pick but it was mainly about getting Winslow/EM/WCS. No one knows how the draft will go, but there is a chance that 1 of the consensus top 3(Towns, Okafor, Russell) drop to number 4.

IMO it would be risky to trade for the 4th pick betting on someone dropping there, but I think it is a good move because we can still take BPA.

The Knicks want to sign people now bc of the cap going up and are in win now mode. Jose Calderone is a person we can take back for 2 years and exchange Isiaih Thomas. IT's basketball value is very high right now . Plus he has a great contract, maybe the best non rookie contract in the league(please tell me if I am wrong bc I would like to know). IMO this is a great starting point for the trade. Please add what else you think(if any) more we should offer to get it done.

IMO s and t Bass or add Sully and add ET. I believe ET has 1 year left on his contract. Because of the drop off at the 4th pick I believe this is a good trade for both teams. Also maybe there is a way to structure the deal so we can give them our exceptions?

BTW I could see people going both ways on this. Either we are giving up too much or its a ripoff. I do not believe its a ripoff though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:29:00 AM by Future Celtics Owner »

Re: Consensus top3 could drop/get #4pick
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

• Ray Allen

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Man the Knicks could luck into Towns or Okafor.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I want Kristaps.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:35:46 AM »

• Ray Allen
Hey now with Joel Embiid news about right foot, it looks more like they could select Kristaps. We need to get the 4th.

Re: Towns,Okafor,Russell could drop/get #4pick
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 06:30:52 AM »

• Ray Allen
I don't mind trading IT because Russell would be a better 6th man ala James Harden on OKC.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 07:19:28 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Why is it luck if other teams don't want these guys?

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 07:59:19 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Why is it luck if other teams don't want these guys?

NY tanked once Melo was "hurt" and the prize during the season was Towns or Okafor. And thats why the fans booed when they only got the 4th thinking Towns or Okafor was out of reach.

Now with most likely Okafor in reach I'd say that pretty lucky. If you look at Minni,LA and Philly Okafor may not fit into what they want to do. Minni has two good bigs, and having Russel would really complement Wiggins and LaVine, and they could move Rubio. LA would take Towns and Philly having two bigs and rumored to really like Porzingis could make it easy for a good big to drop.

I think any team that is out side the top 3 in the draft  has a chance of landing a  7 footer who could average 20/10 in a couple of years would be pretty thrilled and feel lucky.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'll believe it when I see it

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If I'm the Lakers or 76ers, I'd seriously consider trying g to lure the Knicks into trading up. Squeeze some future picks out of them and still land one of the top 5 players in the draft.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If any of the top 3 drop, the Knicks are not trading that pick. I'd love to have any of Towns, Russell, or Okafor as much as anyone, but it's ridiculous to think we'd get one unless we trade into one of the top 3 picks.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
We should trade for the 4th pick if we think the 4th best player is good. I wouldn't bet on one of the best 3 players randomly falling based on random rumors.

I would like Mudiay though, so we should at least look into if it's worth it.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
When did Russell suddenly get put on a different level than Mudiay? This is not a 3 person draft. It's a 2 person draft. Towns and Okafor. Then Mudiay and Russell. A lot of experts like Mudiay even more than Russell.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 04:11:02 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
When did Russell suddenly get put on a different level than Mudiay? This is not a 3 person draft. It's a 2 person draft. Towns and Okafor. Then Mudiay and Russell. A lot of experts like Mudiay even more than Russell.

Yes I agree.  Russell has been a binky of mine for a long time, even when he was slated around pick 10 or so (Mudiay was too high and out of reach to be a binky).  Now that Russell is basically out of reach too, they are both binkies kind equally.  I am probably underrating Towns and Okafor but I really think in 5 years Mudiay could be the best player from this draft.  Certainly he won't be next year or the year after, but eventually why not?  I'm completely enamored with his size and his maturity.  I want the Celtics to trade for him.  Sign a shooter in free agency....

Mudiay, IT
Smart, Middleton, Young
Middleton, Crowder, Young
Monroe, Olly, Mickey
Zeller, M. Turner, Jaiteh/Christmas

Sully and AB traded for Myles Turner and salary...