Author Topic: Bleacher Report's Trade Idea  (Read 5810 times)

Re: Bleacher Report's Trade Idea
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 12:00:29 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't see the point in the trade for Boston and I think I'd rather just do the trade with Denver and no one else.  Not saying I would do that, but I can at least reasonably justify Smart and a couple of 2nds for Chandler and Gallinari.  Noah just doesn't make sense for Boston, especially at the expense of Smart.

How does Noah NOT make sense for Boston? He's exactly the type of player we need. A gritty, tough defending center.

Is there a rule I don't know about where no one past 6'4 in height is allowed on the Celtics?
wait hold up. You arent in favor of doing this trade are you?

I agree that Noah would be a good add. Id be happy adding him and would probably give up a first for him if we arent able to spin the pick into high level talent. however, if you are saying youd actually do that trade and Im not sure if you are, I will not know what to say.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 12:10:24 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I love Joakim Noah's game, but no thanks.  He did not look good last season and he is already 30.  We're also giving up way too much in this trade.  No way am I giving up Smart unless he's part of a trade for an elite player.  This is a really dumb trade idea.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »

Offline Nikki8

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
No thank you. Noah is injured A LOT! I'm not sure if Smart is going to be a future all-star but no way I would include him in a deal for Noah unless Jimmie Butler was also in there somewhere.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
This is dumb. Noah's a constant injury risk at his age, while Smart is still coming into his own. No way you trade a promising rookie for a run-down PF/C who has little offensive game.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 01:21:23 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Smart should be traded only for players like lebron durant

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Smart should be traded only for players like lebron durant

hahaha, so you are not in favor of trading him at all then?  Not that I blame you.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I logged in on my phone in the middle of the work day with the sole purpose to reject this preposterous trade. I think the guy who wrote it switched Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley when he wrote "Avery Bradley makes Marcus Smart expendable."

There is no way the Celtics ever give up 16, 2 2016 seconds, AND Smart, just for an aging, oft injured defensive big man. Replace Smart with Bradley and you've got something that sounds more reasonable.

I'd be loathe to trade Smart for Cousins, even though I could understand that move. Trading Smart for Noah would be like cutting off our feet to buy an old pair of well-worn boots. The boots might fit, but we aren't going hiking without feet.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I logged in on my phone in the middle of the work day with the sole purpose to reject this preposterous trade. I think the guy who wrote it switched Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley when he wrote "Avery Bradley makes Marcus Smart expendable."

There is no way the Celtics ever give up 16, 2 2016 seconds, AND Smart, just for an aging, oft injured defensive big man. Replace Smart with Bradley and you've got something that sounds more reasonable.

I'd be loathe to trade Smart for Cousins, even though I could understand that move. Trading Smart for Noah would be like cutting off our feet to buy an old pair of well-worn boots. The boots might fit, but we aren't going hiking without feet.
Exactly, why would we send out our future in order for us to have a one year past his prime rental. Even swapping Bradley with Smart sounds crazy to me.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Not buying this bogus speculation. This is the equivalent to me posting a bad trade on here thinking it's good. The only difference is the bleacher report is more reputable.

I could definitely see us going after Noah! However, the trade doesn't need another two teams.

I'd say:

To CHI: #16, the Minny pick & the Rondo TPE.
To BOS: Noah

That's two firsts and a large TPE for Noah. TBH, I feel like just giving CHI two seconds instead of the chance at another 1st (the Minny pick is a first round pick that could become two 2nd rounders) is ideal. The Bulls can easily replace Noah by signing a guy like Koufos or getting Asik back. I wouldn't mind adding in salaries, except that would mean we can't use our TPE. I'd rather get rid of it.

If Ainge can pull off this trade, we'd have a rim protector. Aldridge would probably consider signing here to play next to Noah.