Author Topic: Bleacher Report's Trade Idea  (Read 5805 times)

Bleacher Report's Trade Idea
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Guys, take a gander at Bleacher Report's proposed trade idea. It involves a 4 team deal between Boston, Chicago, Portland, and Denver. They got us picking up Noah, but at what cost? They got us shipping out the 16th pick, two 2016 second round picks, and a player that goes by the number 36. Have a read of the article, quite the hilarity i suppose.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494050-blockbuster-nba-trade-ideas-that-would-reshape-the-association/page/3

Re: Bleacher Report's Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:46:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Four team trades are so complicated and rare that it's really not worth speculating about.

I don't think Chicago is likely to move on from Noah until they see how he fits in with the new coach's approach. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah everyone gets very rich but Boston.. Unless Danny had some move to get back into the top half of the lottery and get a PG or knew that he had a few guys to sign then no way you do this deal. Now AB and 16 sign me up. I'll take Noah on a year rental and add someone like LA or Monroe with him.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Yeah everyone gets very rich but Boston.. Unless Danny had some move to get back into the top half of the lottery and get a PG or knew that he had a few guys to sign then no way you do this deal. Now AB and 16 sign me up. I'll take Noah on a year rental and add someone like LA or Monroe with him.
I agree Noah would do well on our team, just the amount of assets that we are to give up is unbelievable, makes me think what goes on in the writes head. I'll give up our pair of first rounders in this draft for him, maybe KO or Sully as well.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Imagination hats on.

First off, the salaries don't come close to matching up here. But the Blazers and Celtics both have the financial flexibility to absorb way more salary in return, so it'll all work out in the end. Don't you worry.

Translation

I am a very lazy person.

But this is my idea, and I don't understand how the salary cap works in the NBA, or how trades can be constructed, so I am going to assume that this is possible.

So either this person is an idiot or he's the GM of the Denver Nuggets... who are involved in this deal, so pick what you will.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Imagination hats on.

First off, the salaries don't come close to matching up here. But the Blazers and Celtics both have the financial flexibility to absorb way more salary in return, so it'll all work out in the end. Don't you worry.

Translation

I am a very lazy person.

But this is my idea, and I don't understand how the salary cap works in the NBA, or how trades can be constructed, so I am going to assume that this is possible.

So either this person is an idiot or he's the GM of the Denver Nuggets... who are involved in this deal, so pick what you will.
I actually plugged the trade into the trade machine.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pl2bxcn
when I first put it in it said unsuccessful. For some reason it now says successful once I saved it.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 07:30:02 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is stupid.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I agree Noah would do well on our team, just the amount of assets that we are to give up is unbelievable, makes me think what goes on in the writes head. I'll give up our pair of first rounders in this draft for him, maybe KO or Sully as well.

Ha, here I was thinking it was going to take the Rondo exception #28, and #45, I would not trade Smart and 16 for him.  I would do exception and 16 if necessary but that is about as far as I would go.  I think that Gibson will be the one that ultimately gets traded and I would do the exception and 28 for him as well. 

I think Chicago is a good trading partner for us.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
This idea is terrible. Noah sucks these days.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Bleacher Report.

Ayy ****

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:50:38 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

Ha, here I was thinking it was going to take the Rondo exception #28, and #45, I would not trade Smart and 16 for him.  I would do exception and 16 if necessary but that is about as far as I would go.  I think that Gibson will be the one that ultimately gets traded and I would do the exception and 28 for him as well. 

I think Chicago is a good trading partner for us.
that seems like a fair deal as well, I never really consider trading TPE's but they seem like usefull trade bait.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't see the point in the trade for Boston and I think I'd rather just do the trade with Denver and no one else.  Not saying I would do that, but I can at least reasonably justify Smart and a couple of 2nds for Chandler and Gallinari.  Noah just doesn't make sense for Boston, especially at the expense of Smart.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't see the point in the trade for Boston and I think I'd rather just do the trade with Denver and no one else.  Not saying I would do that, but I can at least reasonably justify Smart and a couple of 2nds for Chandler and Gallinari.  Noah just doesn't make sense for Boston, especially at the expense of Smart.

How does Noah NOT make sense for Boston? He's exactly the type of player we need. A gritty, tough defending center.

Is there a rule I don't know about where no one past 6'4 in height is allowed on the Celtics?

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 11:17:24 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

How does Noah NOT make sense for Boston? He's exactly the type of player we need. A gritty, tough defending center.

Is there a rule I don't know about where no one past 6'4 in height is allowed on the Celtics?
I guess I'm not allowed on the Celtics squad now :(

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Noah is 30. Smart is 21. No.