Author Topic: Rare mid-Finals trade alert: [Woj] Bucks trade Ilyasova to Pistons.  (Read 10333 times)

Re: Rare mid-Finals trade alert: [Woj] Bucks trade Ilyasova to Pistons.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 03:46:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Great trade by SVG. Ilyasova is his type of stretch 4 , and will be a great fit next to Drummond. It's about time Ersan is set free. The Pistons will make a serious run for the playoffs next season.

Doesn't this depend a lot on their offseason? They have to keep both Monroe and Reggie Jackson. A team of drummond, Pope, ilyasova and jennings would be lower lottery I would think.

They're keeping Jackson, but I think the Pistons and Monroe are heading for an amicable divorce. They played noticeably better when Monroe was injured and he doesn't really fit SVG's most successful scheme of surrounding a big with shooting.

Yep, I'm assuming they keep Reggie Jax, which I really believe is a done deal, and let Monroe walk. Monroe just doesnt fit with Drummond and with SVG's system. The Knicks will overpay Monroe and Dragic  and settle in mediocrity until Melo retires.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm trying to decide if I think Ilyasova is better than Jerebko. I think I do?
I am going to go with Jerebko over Ilyasova.

Jerebko is the better defender and I think with his improved jump-shot that Jerbeko has closed enough of the gap offensively between the two of them (Ilyasova still clearly the better offensive player) for Jerebko's superior defense to give him the nod over Ilyasova.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like this deal for Detroit.  gives them a better fit at PF with Drummond than Monroe.  I don't think it necessarily kills a KO-to-Detroit trade.  KO is the better offensive player still on a rookie deal.  he could be the first big off the bench behind Ersan and Drummond. 

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Safe to say that Middleton is going back to Milwaukee this off season?
The trade just cleared a lot of cap space for the Bucks (If i'm not wrong ;D!) hence that they probably are going to match everything that Middleton receives in free agency ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 04:00:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm trying to decide if I think Ilyasova is better than Jerebko. I think I do?
I am going to go with Jerebko over Ilyasova.

Jerebko is the better defender and I think with his improved jump-shot that Jerbeko has closed enough of the gap offensively between the two of them (Ilyasova still clearly the better offensive player) for Jerebko's superior defense to give him the nod over Ilyasova.

I'd say for Detroit, with Drummond near the rim, Ilyasova is the better fit.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I wonder if this is an indication that the Bucks are thinking about starting Giannis at the four?

I remember reading a quote a few weeks ago from Giannis himself saying that he sees his future in the NBA being at the power forward position.

Edit:
I think the quote I read before was taken from this interview

In which position Giannis? thinks that he can be more effective and demonstrate better his basketball qualities? Here?s what he thinks on the matter.

It's a very complicated matter in order to answer it with complete conviction, specially in such an early stage of my career. The most important thing for me is to help in many parts of the game, to became as versatile as I can. I don't want to spend one day without adding something in my game and evolve, also mentally. In my approach and understanding of the game.

What I mean is that no matter my position, I feel the need to help in defense and rebounding and also I like to create. To make things happen for my teammates, by attacking the rim, or starting from the low post with my back to the basket in order to take advantage of my size. For the moment, I realize that I can do bigger damage as a '3' or a '4'. I don't think that there's a faster power forward than me in the NBA, who can defend me when I put the ball on the floor. That's the position that I believe I will settle in the future, but I don't want any position to hold me from improving all parts of my game.

TP for sharing that.  It doesn't look like it was written in English originally.

Anyway, I'm glad Giannis and I agree about what his best position is. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 04:03:57 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm starting to wonder if Andre Drummond is becoming the most over-rated player ever.

Everyone talks about him with such reverence, and while he certainly is a great athlete with tons of (ugh!) upside still, I just have never really seen it from him.

To be honest, whenever I've seen him play he always looks really disinterested.  I know he's still young, but that may not change. 

He's kind of a slacker, in my opinion. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Wow, didn't know there could be trades made right now....Why don't we just trade for Lamarcus Aldridge tonight--?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess this gets the off-season going a little early - which is nice. Of course Lebron and the finals are going to get all of the attention, but I am happy to talk about something else of substance.

Agreed that Det probably no longer has interest in KO, but it does pretty much guarantee that Monroe is on the open market. The early leader for his services is NYK, but we always have a shot. Also, if NYK gets Monroe, somebody else might slide into our laps.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Wow, didn't know there could be trades made right now....Why don't we just trade for Lamarcus Aldridge tonight--?

Because he's a free agent and can't sign a contract until sometime in July

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I'm starting to wonder if Andre Drummond is becoming the most over-rated player ever.

Everyone talks about him with such reverence, and while he certainly is a great athlete with tons of (ugh!) upside still, I just have never really seen it from him.

To be honest, whenever I've seen him play he always looks really disinterested.  I know he's still young, but that may not change. 

Big season for Drummond. Pretty disappointed with his limited progress to date. Looking more and more like a DeAndre Jordan level center than the next Dwight Howard.

Make or break year for Drummond. Needs to show real improvement. On both sides of the ball.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Safe to say that Middleton is going back to Milwaukee this off season?
The trade just cleared a lot of cap space for the Bucks (If i'm not wrong ;D!) hence that they probably are going to match everything that Middleton receives in free agency ::)

They were going to do that anyway.  What this does is allows them to be a major player in free agency beyond Middleton.  They can make another player a max offer if they want, and then match a max offer to Middleton.  Or they can sign a couple of second-tier free agents to improve overall depth.

I've said elsewhere and I'll repeat it now -- Milwaukee is in the middle of a stadium negotiation, trying to get about $300 million in public funding.  Spending an extra $10 million over the cap could be worth a lot in the future (and would still leave them under the cap next year, so is not a long-term splurge.)  I'm going to go out on a limb and call Brook Lopez to Mikwaukee as something that happens this summer.

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Gotta say this was a pretty smart move by both squads. Ilyasova is a great stretch 4 who will work well with Drummond and the Bucks save money to solidify their young core with Parker-Giannis-Middleton. If things go the Bucks way (remember the if), I could see them being a dangerous team next year.

If there was any doubt that Monroe was leaving Detroit this summer, I think it just evaporated.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Big season for Drummond. Pretty disappointed with his limited progress to date. Looking more and more like a DeAndre Jordan level center than the next Dwight Howard.

Make or break year for Drummond. Needs to show real improvement. On both sides of the ball.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a make or break year for Drummond after comparing him to Jordan, given the improvement Jordan has shown the last season or so.

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's a make or break year for Drummond after comparing him to Jordan, given the improvement Jordan has shown the last season or so.

There is a big difference between DeAndre Jordan = borderline All-Star + Dwight Howard at his peak = MVP candidate.

If Drummond does indeed have that type of potential to become an MVP caliber center, it's time he starts making some major strides in that direction.