Author Topic: Rare mid-Finals trade alert: [Woj] Bucks trade Ilyasova to Pistons.  (Read 10353 times)

Re: Rare mid-Finals trade alert: [Woj] Bucks trade Ilyasova to Pistons.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, that kinda screws up all the "Olynyk to Detroit to put next to Drummond" trade ideas. 

Probably a decent roll of the dice for Detroit with the salary cap going up and Monroe likely gone. 

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Probably long overdue getting Ilyasova out of MIL.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
PG: Reggie Jackson, Brandon Jennings
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Ersan Ilyasova
 C: Andre Drummond

That would be a nice team for Detroit to head into next season with.

Jennings and R.Jackson would make a nice two guard backcourt when KCP rests.

Lot of size, length and athleticism in that starting unit.

Ersan Ilyasova traded to the Pistons
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Ersan Ilyasova has been traded to the Pistons in exchange for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams.

Wojo

Delete my read or merge it

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Nice trade for Detroit.  Milwaukee clears salary room too, which increases their chance of keeping/adding around Middleton.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Great trade by SVG. Ilyasova is his type of stretch 4 , and will be a great fit next to Drummond. It's about time Ersan is set free. The Pistons will make a serious run for the playoffs next season.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I wonder if this is an indication that the Bucks are thinking about starting Giannis at the four?

I like Middleton at SG, Parker at SF, and Giannis at PF.  If Henson comes in ready to be a full-time starter at center, that will be a fun team for Bucks fans to continue to watch grow.

I'm still not sold on Carter-Williams.  He did step it up in the playoffs, though.  Point guards take a while to mature.  I think he'll get there.

That's a nice, young team. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Great trade by SVG. Ilyasova is his type of stretch 4 , and will be a great fit next to Drummond. It's about time Ersan is set free. The Pistons will make a serious run for the playoffs next season.

Doesn't this depend a lot on their offseason? They have to keep both Monroe and Reggie Jackson. A team of drummond, Pope, ilyasova and jennings would be lower lottery I would think.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I'm trying to decide if I think Ilyasova is better than Jerebko. I think I do?

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 03:33:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He probably is better.

Also I would guess that they'd run Parker at the stretch 4 on offense and put Giannis on whoever is the better offensive player when they're on D.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Doesn't this depend a lot on their offseason? They have to keep both Monroe and Reggie Jackson. A team of drummond, Pope, ilyasova and jennings would be lower lottery I would think.

They're keeping Jackson, but I think the Pistons and Monroe are heading for an amicable divorce. They played noticeably better when Monroe was injured and he doesn't really fit SVG's most successful scheme of surrounding a big with shooting.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:45:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I wonder if this is an indication that the Bucks are thinking about starting Giannis at the four?

I remember reading a quote a few weeks ago from Giannis himself saying that he sees his future in the NBA being at the power forward position.

Edit:
I think the quote I read before was taken from this interview

In which position Giannis? thinks that he can be more effective and demonstrate better his basketball qualities? Here?s what he thinks on the matter.

It's a very complicated matter in order to answer it with complete conviction, specially in such an early stage of my career. The most important thing for me is to help in many parts of the game, to became as versatile as I can. I don't want to spend one day without adding something in my game and evolve, also mentally. In my approach and understanding of the game.

What I mean is that no matter my position, I feel the need to help in defense and rebounding and also I like to create. To make things happen for my teammates, by attacking the rim, or starting from the low post with my back to the basket in order to take advantage of my size. For the moment, I realize that I can do bigger damage as a '3' or a '4'. I don't think that there's a faster power forward than me in the NBA, who can defend me when I put the ball on the floor. That's the position that I believe I will settle in the future, but I don't want any position to hold me from improving all parts of my game.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Jackson is a restricted free agent who will be paid enough money to stay.  If he gets a max offer elsewhere I think they match.

What it does give is Monroe insurance.  I think Ilyasova could be a great third big on that roster, and is a better PF than they otherwise have if Monroe leaves.  And if Monroe does leave, or they let him walk, they have room for a max free agent (although SF, their biggest need, is a bit thin.)

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

They're keeping Jackson, but I think the Pistons and Monroe are heading for an amicable divorce. They played noticeably better when Monroe was injured and he doesn't really fit SVG's most successful scheme of surrounding a big with shooting.

Yeah, Monroe and Drummond can't coexist together, and Drummond is much more valuable than Monroe.

It does suck for us, though, because that does seem to virtually kill any Detroit trade-up scenario.