Author Topic: Draft night Idea BOS SAC DEN  (Read 2212 times)

Draft night Idea BOS SAC DEN
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Sac In: Lawson, KO
Sac Out: 6, Stauskas

Denver In: 16, 33, Celtics 2016, Stauskas
Denver Out: Lawson, Faried

Boston In: 6, Faried
Boston Out: KO, 16, 33, Celtics 2016

Why Sac:
- Need a stretch 4 next to Cousins (KO)
- Get their point guard that they desperately want in Lawson (Also a George Karl favorite)
- They seem done with Stauskas and invested in Mclemore

Why Denver:
- Denver is an absolute mess and they will hopefully be going full rebuild around Nurkic
- They get 2 first rounders, an early second rounder
- Stauskas could still be an excellent 2 in this league

Why Boston:
- 6 gives us a shot at Winslow or WCS
- Faried could be an absolute force off the bench with Crowder (Imagine the hustle!)

For Sac:

Lawson
Mclemore
Gay
KO
Cousins

For Denver:

7: Hezonja
16: Jerian Grant
33: BPA

Grant
Stauskas
Hezonja
Hickson
Nurkic

Young rebuilding team!

For Bos: (The one we all care about ;) )

6: Winslow
28: Upshaw
45: BPA

Smart
AB
Winslow
Sully
Zeller

With a bench of:

IT
Turner/Young
Crowder
Faried
Upshaw

OR:

6: WCS
28: Upshaw
45: BPA

Smart
AB
Crowder
Sully
WCS

IT
Young
Turner
Faried
Zeller/Upshaw

ALL THIS BEFORE FREE AGENCY!

Not sure if the numbers work but let me know what you guys think! Tweak it if you want to!

-Jelly

Re: Draft night Idea BOS SAC DEN
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The numbers don't come close to working.  SAC needs to send out a lot of salary to afford Lawson on draft night.  And SAC only has multi-year contracts to send out, so that will make the deal, which is a little tough for Denver to begin with, completely unpalatable.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Faried's an incomplete player.  a lot of hustle but has a number of flaws as well.  don't see the fascination for bringing in another undersized PF, especially one that can't shoot. 

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The numbers don't come close to working.  SAC needs to send out a lot of salary to afford Lawson on draft night.  And SAC only has multi-year contracts to send out, so that will make the deal, which is a little tough for Denver to begin with, completely unpalatable.

Yeah, I can't see Denver having much interest in any of the handful of bad contracts SAC has, not without more assets in return at least. They'd probably rather have Wallace's contract.

I can see SAC being a legit trade partner for us on draft night though. They NEED to build a team that can make the playoffs this year, and we have guys that fit their holes. Sully or KO would be great next to Cousins at the 4, Turner gives them a versatile ball-handler which they desperately need and AB would be the perfect back-court defensive presence on a team seriously lacking one.

I think that SI mock wasn't that far off. I think Sacto seriously considers an offer like...

BOS: Jared Sullinger, Evan Turner and #16
SAC: Jason Thompson and #6

Or if Sacto is willing to go all in and/or DA wants to keep the cap sheet clean...

BOS: Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner, #16 and #45
SAC: Ben McLemore and #6

Certainly a possibility to trade up with SAC though.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0
seems like its a possibility. props for creativity

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I would sign up for this, but if the real interest for Sacramento here is Lawson and Denver is over there looking to move Faried and Lawson for new foundational pieces, well, I think Sacramento cuts out the middle man and simply offers #6 to Denver for Lawson.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I would sign up for this, but if the real interest for Sacramento here is Lawson and Denver is over there looking to move Faried and Lawson for new foundational pieces, well, I think Sacramento cuts out the middle man and simply offers #6 to Denver for Lawson.

Agree with this.  I think Sacramento and Denver could work out a deal without us, I don't know why Denver would prefer what they're getting to the 6th pick. 

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 11:27:57 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Agree with this.  I think Sacramento and Denver could work out a deal without us, I don't know why Denver would prefer what they're getting to the 6th pick.
Lawson is  not worth a 6th IMO.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah, I can't see Denver having much interest in any of the handful of bad contracts SAC has, not without more assets in return at least. They'd probably rather have Wallace's contract.

I can see SAC being a legit trade partner for us on draft night though. They NEED to build a team that can make the playoffs this year, and we have guys that fit their holes. Sully or KO would be great next to Cousins at the 4, Turner gives them a versatile ball-handler which they desperately need and AB would be the perfect back-court defensive presence on a team seriously lacking one.

I think that SI mock wasn't that far off. I think Sacto seriously considers an offer like...

BOS: Jared Sullinger, Evan Turner and #16
SAC: Jason Thompson and #6

Or if Sacto is willing to go all in and/or DA wants to keep the cap sheet clean...

BOS: Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner, #16 and #45
SAC: Ben McLemore and #6

Certainly a possibility to trade up with SAC though.
not a fan of trading Sully but I have to admit both of those deals seem equitable to both teams.  hate taking on Thompson though.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Lawson is  not worth a 6th IMO.
agreed.  Denver would have to kick in more.