Author Topic: Idea - Celtics Trade to Indiana and a future plan  (Read 3785 times)

Idea - Celtics Trade to Indiana and a future plan
« on: June 10, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
The Pacers are seeming to be moving away from Roy Hibbert, and we have a player and a future draft pick we're looking to trade away Gerald Wallace and his expiring contract.  Hibbert is got this season and next, yes at big price tags but do able.  Pacer are going to be looking for a first rounder in return for Hibbert. 

The trade I'm thinking that's worth the risk, with a high reward is this.

Pacer: Roy Hibbert
For
Celtics: Gerald Wallace and Bostons next years 1st.

I'm using next years first for a reason.  We're still trying to make a deal for Willie Cauley Stein, trading up with our 16th and 28th picks in the first with our second rounders if needed, I'd be willing to throw in Tyler Zeller or Kelly Olynyk.  If we don't get up we still have a future center for the next 2 years with Hibbert, while if we do, WCS becomes our future, Hibbert becomes trade bait next year or WCS could maybe transfer to the power forward position with learning more offence. 

Free agency we can't sign two max players because of taking on Roy Hibbert contract but we only need one.  Pipe dream I want Kawhi Leonard, since solves our small forward position for long term and gives us Pierce 2.0.  Realistic free agent signing is either a Greg Monroe or  LaMarcus Aldridge.  I like Monroe because he's younger but I think Aldridge gives us a better chance to win now and future by bringing others.  The only Celtic I keep to resign that's do a contract is Crowder.  Personally I'd like to resign Sullinger, keeping him as our back up power forward.  I rather do this now, because I believe we'd get him cheaper this way. 

Wild Card Signing: Bring Pierce home for one final year, and a run at a title in Boston.  We could give him what's left from these signing for one year, or if he'd take a veteran minimal which every would be higher. 

What the team could look like realistically if money is right.  We might have to trade Zeller or KO for money reasons but think it's worth it.  I'm putting the line with WCS first up if we make the trade up.  Pierce I'm including in both lines because I think even with trading for WCS he's worth the add for us.

Option A (With trading up for WCS, which if at right price works.)
Center : Roy Hibbert, Willie Cauley Stein, Tyler Zeller or Kelly Olynyk
Power Forward : LaMarcus Aldridge, Jared Sullinger
Small Forward : Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder, Evan Turner
Shooting Guards : Avery Bradley, James Young
Point Guard : Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas

Option B
Center : Roy Hibbert, Tyler Zeller, Kelly Olynyk
Power Forward : LaMarcus Aldridge, Jared Sullinger
Small Forward : Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder, Evan Turner
Shooting Guards : Avery Bradley, James Young
Point Guard : Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas

Draft Picks at 16th, 28th, 33th, 45th  (All picks can be traded to move up or down in this case.)

Keep in mind Paul Pierce is a wild card free agent if he'd come back to Boston for one year, we'd be stupid not to want him back.  He's got another year left in the tank, and would give us that veteran we need.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:54:35 PM by ThePoeticWolf »

Re: Celtics Trade to Indiana and a future plan
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I'm all for trading for Hibbert, but no way do we give up our own 1st next year for him. We would be doing the Pacers a favor to take him, they should give us a pick. They strongly hinted in the media that they want him to opt out and leave.

Re: Celtics Trade to Indiana and a future plan
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'm all for trading for Hibbert, but no way do we give up our own 1st next year for him. We would be doing the Pacers a favor to take him, they should give us a pick. They strongly hinted in the media that they want him to opt out and leave.

I think we'd have to give them a first next year, just because they'd want something in return for a still skilled center, when we're giving them an old Gerald Wallace with an expiring contract.  If we didn't need to give up a first, or do a 2nd rounder that's fine by me.  I was just thinking what more then likely they would do it for.

Re: Idea - Celtics Trade to Indiana and a future plan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Giving up our 2016 1st, which will be at worst mid 1st, rather than the #28 makes no sense.  I don't think Hibbert has much value especially since he'll be on his last contract year.  We couldn't get a 1st for Green.  I'd just offer them the Wallace and the #33 and possibly a future 2nd. 

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:06:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not in love with Hibbert, but I would give up a mid-first if we were also unloading Wallace. We have to start somewhere and Hibbert is a proven defensive anchor, even if he isn't the rebounder he should be. We can all hope our mid-first will be the next Kawhi Leonard, but we'll be lucky if he reaches rotational player status.

Without Wallace, I am not sure I have much interest unless we've signed/traded for a bonafide all-star. He is 29 and probably won't age extremely well. I agree that he has worn out his welcome in Indy, though, and could come cheap.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
If Hibbert opts into his contract his contract will expire after next season, if he opts out he will be a free agent this season.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:48:53 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I hate Hibbert and it would be a nightmare to be in the position to resign him. The only trade we should be doing with Indy is Avery for their pick.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Yeah I remember I brought this up months ago when the rumor first surfaced I think a trade that would be equal for both teams would be
Celtics: Hibbert, #11
Pacer: S&T Bass($7m), #28, 2016 cavs 1st and second rounder, tayshaun prince exception, 2016 celtics top 10 protected

I believe they would be interested in because I dont think West has a future in Indiana unless he takes a paycut, so bass would fit in with the free agent they would try to sign after freeing up some cap by trading a pick to move him to acquire Deandre Jordan in free agency.

Pacers
pg: Hill
Sg:Miles
sf: George
pf:Bass
C: Jordan

Bench: copeland,mahini, free agent(mle), vet min

we would have #11, #16, #33, #45 I assume we would trade up to get Stanley Johnson using #11/#16 or Ko and 11 and #33/45 would just be draft and stash

trading 11 and 16
Pg: Smart
Sg: Bradley
Sf: Johnson
Pf: Sully
C: Hibbert
Bench:KO, Young, Crowder, IT, Zeller, wallace  Overseas or Dleague Upshaw, A. Harrison

trading KO and 11

Bench: Portis, Young, Crowder, IT, Zeller, wallace Overseas or Dleague Upshaw, A harrison

It seems like a fair trade to me if things can fall the pacers way during free agency they'll have a competing squad with a trade exception to trade away to acquire a better 2 guard or bench scorers
We immediately get pushed up to a team to lookout for and we have young team that can grow without giving out anything worth any value to us

What do you guys think
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:13:46 PM by YeezusChrist »

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I was contemplating a similar deal to this yesterday morning, but I think I'd only be interested in Hibbert if a 1st rounder isn't involved. Assuming Hibbert opts in to the final year of his contract I'd do Hibbert for Wallace (plus Pressey and Babb if needed to make salary work) and 1 or 2 future 2nd rounders.

Indiana saves 4 - 5M, and we get an immobile rim protector. At best we get a steal, more probably we have a nice offense/defense rotation with Hibbert and Zeller.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »

Offline shermansagun

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
I really think this would be a good trade idea. Especially if we are going to go hard on K. Leonard next year. Imagine,a line-up of:

PG: Smart
SG: Bradley
SF: Leonard
PF: ???????

NO ONE WOULD SCORE ON BOTH TEAMS :D :D :D but it will be a helluva defensive team.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Yeah I remember I brought this up months ago when the rumor first surfaced I think a trade that would be equal for both teams would be
Pacer: S&T Bass($7m), #28, 2016 cavs 1st and second rounder, tayshaun prince exception, 2016 celtics top 10 protected

I believe they would be interested in because I dont think West has a future in Indiana unless he takes a paycut, so bass would fit in with the free agent they would try to sign after freeing up some cap by trading a pick to move him to acquire Deandre Jordan in free agency.

Pacers

we would have #11, #16, #33, #45 I assume we would trade up to get Stanley Johnson using #11/#16 or Ko and 11 and #33/45 would just be draft and stash

trading 11 and 16
Bench:KO, Young, Crowder, IT, Zeller, wallace  Overseas or Dleague Upshaw, A. Harrison

trading KO and 11

Bench: Portis, Young, Crowder, IT, Zeller, wallace Overseas or Dleague Upshaw, A harrison

It seems like a fair trade to me if things can fall the pacers way during free agency they'll have a competing squad with a trade exception to trade away to acquire a better 2 guard or bench scorers
We immediately get pushed up to a team to lookout for and we have young team that can grow without giving out anything worth any value to us

What do you guys think

The trade you suggested is illegal in 3 different ways also we don't have the 2016 Cavs 1st round pick as we traded it for IT.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

Pacers

trading 11 and 16

trading KO and 11

What do you guys think

The trade you suggested is illegal in 3 different ways also we don't have the 2016 Cavs 1st round pick as we traded it for IT.

Yes i realize that now the revised trade would have to be
2016 Celtics top 10 protected 1st, Bass s&t , 28, and our 2016 second rounder with a 7 mil trade exception made by us to match salaries