Author Topic: Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?  (Read 30563 times)

Re: Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I think he could if it goes 7 games, he scores about 40 in each of the last 3 games and they lose on a last second shot by a nonstar for Golden state and Curry is flat in those 3 games. A lot of what ifs but that could happen.  Even if Curry does awful the last 3 games but hits a game winner in the 7th game they may still give it to Curry.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
LeBron is the Finals MVP but it end up going to Curry.

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2015, 12:48:33 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Still shooting under 40% in the series.

His contributions in rebounding and assists have been more telling to me, than this scoring output everyone is raving about... which has been quite inefficient in the Finals.

Yes, he's putting all these gaudy numbers... but they've been a bit empty because it's not having any level of acceptable efficiency to go along with it.

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2015, 12:59:20 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
It all depends on who is actually choosing the Finals MVP. Does anyone know who actually decides who is MVP? Is it decided by the media again? If it is the media deciding who gets it, I feel that Lebron's performance has out shadowed the actual outcome of the games. It's always "yes GSW won, but did you see the numbers Lebron put up?". It has been like that for 2, if not 3, of the games that GSW have won thus far. On top of that LEBRON managed to win 2 games so far against this GSW team, a team so good it almost rivaled that of the 96' bulls.

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2015, 01:04:43 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

His contributions in rebounding and assists have been more telling to me, than this scoring output everyone is raving about... which has been quite inefficient in the Finals.

Yes, he's putting all these gaudy numbers... but they've been a bit empty because it's not having any level of acceptable efficiency to go along with it.
He is up against a very good defensive team. His FG% is good considering AI, Green, and Barnes are great defenders. Even Thompson is decent. LeBron is having a great finals. And I hate LeBron.

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 01:08:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It all depends on who is actually choosing the Finals MVP. Does anyone know who actually decides who is MVP? Is it decided by the media again? If it is the media deciding who gets it, I feel that Lebron's performance has out shadowed the actual outcome of the games. It's always "yes GSW won, but did you see the numbers Lebron put up?". It has been like that for 2, if not 3, of the games that GSW have won thus far. On top of that LEBRON managed to win 2 games so far against this GSW team, a team so good it almost rivaled that of the 96' bulls.

It's 9 members of the media. Well known people, obviously.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

He is up against a very good defensive team. His FG% is good considering AI, Green, and Barnes are great defenders. Even Thompson is decent. LeBron is having a great finals. And I hate LeBron.

You can't help to respect what he's doing out there with his second best scoring option being JR Smith.

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
LeBron's "fantasy" numbers look great.  But he's averaging over 32 shots a game and is basically operating as the point guard on the team.  Of course he's going to pile up the stats.  He's shooting just a hair under 40%.  For a player who gets his fair share of flushes and inside buckets that's pretty poor. I'm really not that impressed.  He's playing Westbrook style basketball, but he's obviously a much better playmaker and will accumulate better overall stats. 

Look at his late game play; same move every time; isolation on the left, goes hard to the rim with this left hand, and is just praying for a foul each time.  All he can do is use his big body to protect the ball, but he can't finish.  It reminds of a all the DH12 telegraphed moves; no skill to make adjustments, it's just I'm going to do this and either hope it goes in or draw any contact to get the superstar call.

I think if the Warriors win the series, Curry will most likely take MVP after last night's performance.

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No. Does he deserve it. Yes

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 01:38:47 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
If the MVP is decided by who drops their shoulder the most and somehow draws a foul, then yeah, he deserves  it. Fingers crossed; don't wanna jinx it, but I cannot wait to see his meltdown after they lose tonight  ;D

Crybaby face is coming back boys!  Maybe he should have stayed on sreroids.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
To me, it's as simple as this;  how can you be the most valuable player if your team doesn't win the series? 

You can point out all the stats & metrics that you want, if you're on the losing side, I can't see how you're the most valuable.

The fact that this article is appearing before the Finals are even over gives me a chuckle. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
To me, it's as simple as this;  how can you be the most valuable player if your team doesn't win the series? 

You can point out all the stats & metrics that you want, if you're on the losing side, I can't see how you're the most valuable.

The fact that this article is appearing before the Finals are even over gives me a chuckle.
Without James does Cleveland win any games in the Finals (if they are even there)?  Without Curry or any other one member of the Warriors do the Warriors still win the series (assuming the Warriors actually close it out tonight)?

You see it does in fact work both ways, if you believe the Warriors would still win without Curry, then how valuable is Curry to the outcome.  Sure the Cavs would have still lost without James, but if the Warriors still win without Curry or Iggy or some other player, then it really does come down to overall impact and numbers.  That is where having stats that dwarf everyone else matters, even on the losing team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

The question is as old as the award itself, though. I don't think anyone argues with the idea that West deserved to win the inagural Finals MVP award.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2015, 02:21:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This is a four game series that isn't close if James doesn't play the way he has so far.  If James disappears tonight and the Cavs lose, then maybe you can give it to someone else, but the reason that this has been such a great series is due to it being LeBron vs. Golden State.  It's yet again another reminder how important a superstar is, especially in the playoffs.  I hate LeBron, but he's been amazing this series, by far the best player, and easily the most valuable to his team.  Does he get calls?  Sure.  Does he whine more than I'd like?  Absolutely.  But he's been pretty much an unstoppable force the entire postseason, and has played even better in the Finals.