Author Topic: Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?  (Read 30590 times)

Re: Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Without iguodala, the warriors may have lost
Yeah, he did such a great job defensively that LeBron almost won the MVP while losing the Finals.

He was also so pathetic from the FT line (<40%) that the Cavs played hack-an-Iguodala more than once.

Please. That pick is horrible.
ya, iguodala sucks and so do the warriors!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2015, 01:48:44 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I agree with those who say LeBron was the best player in this series. I also agree with those who say this would've been a Warriors sweep without LeBron. So I wouldn't have had much, if any, problem if he'd been named MVP.

That said, I also agree with the poster who said it could easily be argued that the Warriors would've lost this series without Iguodala, whereas the Cavs were losing with or without LeBron. Which logically makes Iggy the more valuable player for his respective team in terms of net result.

The league could rename the award, but chanting "M-O-P" doesn't quite have the same ring as "M-V-P." And who wants to be known as a mop (MOP)?

Besides, there are no official criteria (in the NBA or any other major sport, regular season or postseason) for this award, and we all know what the award basically signifies: the player who was the most critical to the winning team's performance in winning the series. Curry finally righted his ship, but for the most part he wasn't his usual spectacular self in this series, and while he and Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes were struggling, and Bogut was just awful, Iggy accepted a new role on the fly and excelled offensively beyond anyone's expectations. Plus he played the best defense of anyone who guarded the greatest player on the planet.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
MOP you say?

Take Rings off, you say??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a78uALZwWNE
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
The league could rename the award, but chanting "M-O-P" doesn't quite have the same ring as "M-V-P." And who wants to be known as a mop (MOP)?

These guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a78uALZwWNE

The crowd good just chant Ante Up instead!  ;D

Edit- Ha, I took too long listening to the song before I posted to beat D.o.s. to the joke.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2015, 11:11:41 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Just change the name so we dont have these arguments. I remember someone said he'd prefer the finals MVP over the MVP, because that means his team won (was it Pierce?). If it such a problem for people that Lebron didn't win any, just make another award, playoff MVP, and change finals MVP's name to "Difference Maker" or something, that way Lebron can have his and the winning player can have his due.

"Yeah, he did such a great job defensively that LeBron almost won the MVP while losing the Finals." Oh yeah, you mean like how the Cavs switched a lot to get Iggy off Lebron?  ::) lol