Author Topic: Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?  (Read 30579 times)

Can LeBron win Finals MVP (if Warriors win)?
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Just saw a discussion on Twitter of this, but if LBJ puts up the numbers he did in game 1 for 4-5 more games, but the Warriors win. Is there a chance he wins finals MVP?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:22:00 AM by Roy H. »

Re: Can LeBron win Finals MVP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:15:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yes -- Jerry West won it on a losing team in 1969. I think he was the only one.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

I know it's possible. I should have worded this better. Do you think there's a chance he will?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I know it's possible. I should have worded this better. Do you think there's a chance he will?

Yes, yes. Definitely. I think LeBron can be the 2nd one to do this. He is playing amazingly. One of the most dominant playoff runs of all time. He was immense in game one of the Finals. Putting up crazy stats. Far and away the best player on the floor. Definitely has a chance.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I do not think so. The Jerry West thing seems more like a one-time thing and it was so many years ago. Steph Curry would really have to kind of suck not to win Finals MVP.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yes, yes. Definitely. I think LeBron can be the 2nd one to do this. He is playing amazingly. One of the most dominant playoff runs of all time. He was immense in game one of the Finals. Putting up crazy stats. Far and away the best player on the floor. Definitely has a chance.

Most dominant playoff runs of all time?

I mean, I know he does a lot on the court, but I'm having a hard time throwing "most dominant of all time" when he's been shooting at 43% during the playoffs. I mean, that doesn't scream most dominant.

I mean, his TS% so far has been 49.5%. That's not dominant at all. Statistically, one of his worst playoff runs... individual performance wise.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I mean, I know he does a lot on the court, but I'm having a hard time throwing "most dominant of all time" when he's been shooting at 43% during the playoffs. I mean, that doesn't scream most dominant.

I mean, his TS% so far has been 49.5%. That's not dominant at all. Statistically, one of his worst playoff runs... individual performance wise.

That is because of his teammates. Playing with so many guys who can't space the floor or create any of their own offense. Allowing opposing defenses to load up on him.

I don't think that is bad play from LeBron.

That is teammates / team. Their lack of quality (offensive speaking).

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the series goes 6 or 7, yes, I think he can win it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That is because of his teammates. Playing with so many guys who can't space the floor or create any of their own offense. Allowing opposing defenses to load up on him.

I don't think that is bad play from LeBron.

That is teammates / team. Their lack of quality (offensive speaking).

That's rationalizing his non-dominating results, which is fine. The point is that he's not having one of the most dominating playoff runs in history, not even close... whatever the reasons they may be.

His Finals performance so far has been very very good, but it hasn't been a dominant playoff run for him. Far from it.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:23 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I didn't even think this was possible.  I had to look it up.  Wow, how great that would be.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
It depends on the Warriors I think.  If Curry or Thompson has a stellar series then that guy would win it, but if they have on and off hot games or someone else has a good game, then yeah Lebron would win it. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I do not think so. The Jerry West thing seems more like a one-time thing and it was so many years ago. Steph Curry would really have to kind of suck not to win Finals MVP.

I'm not usually one for quoting myself, but Curry is playing epically bad right now. Can I change my vote to Mozgov?  ;)

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When he is allowed to hold guys and hit them in the face, like he has this game, perhaps.  Horrible double standard.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Can? He will win Finals MVP IF Cleveland wins the finals lol.

But by the looks of things here...Cavs might be able to steal Game 2.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Can? He will win Finals MVP IF Cleveland wins the finals lol.

But by the looks of things here...Cavs might be able to steal Game 2.

I think the question for this thread is can he win the Finals MVP if Cleveland LOSES. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.