Author Topic: Pistons shopping # 8 overall pick  (Read 12717 times)

Re: Pistons shopping # 8 overall pick
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Someone figure out a three-team deal that sees Brandon Jennings in SAC, Sully in DET, and picks/players/filler to Boston.

Just spitballing:

Sacramento: Jennings, Olynyk, 16

Detroit: Sully, Stauskas, Turner, 28

Boston: Thompson, 6, 8

How about this?  ;) I actually don't think it's too terribly far off from a fair deal given each team's needs.

I like it for us and Detroit might consider it, but I don't think there's any way Sacramento does it.  Maybe let them keep Stauskas and we give Detroit Bradley?  He actually probably makes more sense for them than Stauskas since he can guard the other team's best guard (sparing Jackson) and spot up around the Jackson/Drummond pick and roll.  Stauskas can do the latter but definitely not the former.  And this way Sacramento fills needs at PG and PF with pretty good young players and picks up a first while only giving up #6.  Seems more reasonable to me. 
So in the end we give up Bradley, Sully, Turner, Olynyk, and 16 for 6, 8, and Thompson.  We're giving up some good young guys but we can use the picks to add 2 high upside players (probably WCS and one of Winslow/Hezonja/Porzingis/Johnson)

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Someone figure out a three-team deal that sees Brandon Jennings in SAC, Sully in DET, and picks/players/filler to Boston.

Just spitballing:

How about this?  ;) I actually don't think it's too terribly far off from a fair deal given each team's needs.

I like it for us and Detroit might consider it, but I don't think there's any way Sacramento does it.  Maybe let them keep Stauskas and we give Detroit Bradley?  He actually probably makes more sense for them than Stauskas since he can guard the other team's best guard (sparing Jackson) and spot up around the Jackson/Drummond pick and roll.  Stauskas can do the latter but definitely not the former.  And this way Sacramento fills needs at PG and PF with pretty good young players and picks up a first while only giving up #6.  Seems more reasonable to me. 
So in the end we give up Bradley, Sully, Turner, Olynyk, and 16 for 6, 8, and Thompson.  We're giving up some good young guys but we can use the picks to add 2 high upside players (probably WCS and one of Winslow/Hezonja/Porzingis/Johnson)

Yeah.  Sacramento would want to keep Stauskas.  Also, Mudiay would have to be gone, otherwise they'll take him and keep him.

If Detroit got Sully Bradley and Turner, the'd have to give us pick 38.

SO:

Kings get Jennings (who has improved), KO, 16 (Portis or Lyles), and 28.

Detroit gets Sully, Bradley and Turner (major haul for them)

Celtics get Thompson, McCallum, picks 6, 8 and 38 (to go with 33 and 45...can combine and move up)

Hopes for 6 and 8 in order (hopes don't include Mudiay because then Sac would be out of the deal):

6:  Winslow
8:  WCS

6: Winslow
8: Porzingis

6: Porzingis
8: WCS

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o4enx9k

Lineup:

WCS, Zeller, Jaiteh
Bass, Jerebko, Mickey
Winslow, Crowder, Young
Smart, Young, Norman Powell
IT, Smart, De Paula
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:26:42 PM by wiley »

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Just spitballing:

Yeah.  Sacramento would want to keep Stauskas.  Also, Mudiay would have to be gone, otherwise they'll take him and keep him.

If Detroit got Sully Bradley and Turner, the'd have to give us pick 38.

SO:

Kings get Jennings (who has improved), KO, 16 (Portis or Lyles), and 28.

Detroit gets Sully, Bradley and Turner (major haul for them)

Celtics get Thompson, McCallum, picks 6, 8 and 38 (to go with 33 and 45...can combine and move up)

Hopes for 6 and 8 in order (hopes don't include Mudiay because then Sac would be out of the deal):

6:  Winslow
8:  WCS

6: Winslow
8: Porzingis

6: Porzingis
8: WCS

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o4enx9k

Lineup:

WCS, Zeller, Jaiteh
Bass, Jerebko, Mickey
Winslow, Crowder, Young
Smart, Young, Norman Powell
IT, Smart, De Paula

If still do that deal, but Id go completely young if so. Play a lineup of Smart, Young, Winslow, FA, and WCS and hope they grow into a really nice core going forward.

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Good to hear. They seem to be the most likely candidate for us to move up with. I think everyone after 5 through 10 could trade their pick, but the Pistons seem like the most likely right now. If their shopping the pick, were first in line for sure.

As to what it takes to get it done, SVG is going to want Olynyk. He covets stretch 4's with offensive talent to put next to the force that is Andre Drummond. Olynyk being a 7 footer with PG skills and a good-great outside shot who is more fit to be a PF is perfect. And I'd say were all pretty much comfortable letting KO go for a chance at the right player.

I think WCS could still be on the board then. Johnson is probably still there, so is Hezejonia. Myles Turner is a bit of a reach at 8 but he's probably still there. It's gonna be either a wing or a 5 and if WCS is off the board, Johnson would be my pick. But the deal to go up will probably be like...

Olynyk, #16 and the better of the 2016 DAL/MEM 2nds for #8

They may ask for ET because they need a serviceable wing, but for now that's a solid deal for them. And us, I don't think we'd complain much is that deal was made. If WCS makes it past Orlando, I think he's available at 8. If Sacto and Denver stay still, I can't see them picking him. Not unless Sacramento plans on moving Boogie. Such an exciting time to be a Cs fan.

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 03:25:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
TP for the news. I followed the Pistons a lot the second half of the season. They could be an offensive force with Olynyk. Olynyk + 28 + 33 should do it. I wouldn't give them 16.

Naw KO stays . Sullinger can go. Don't be biased man =]

Haha, Detroit would want Olynyk more. He fits in far better with Drummond.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
TP for the news. I followed the Pistons a lot the second half of the season. They could be an offensive force with Olynyk. Olynyk + 28 + 33 should do it. I wouldn't give them 16.

Why? Sully is the better rebounder, higher ceiling player. I'd think he'd be the better PF to Drummond's C.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

oh whatever. Either Sully or KO would fit beside Drummond.   Like you said KO can't play D, can't do this can't do that.  They will want too much in addition to KO

Sullinger, 16th and 33 or something like that. Do it Danny

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Why? Sully is the better rebounder, higher ceiling player. I'd think he'd be the better PF to Drummond's C.

He is just biased

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Faried makes a lot of sense for Detroit.  Obviously Denver probably needs to give up more than that for #8, but I'm sure something could be done. 

Maybe Faried and Chandler for 8 and Butler (post draft so the salary counts)

Faried and Drummond does not make alot of sense actually
Offensively is a bit of a stretch, but Faried, unlike Monroe, is not an offensive player and thus has no reason to clog the lange.  Defensively it makes a lot of sense.
In what world does Faried and Drummond make sense? Im sorry man because I know you like to point out that the Celtics have no hope in all these threads but you are wrong here.
I believe defensively and on the glass they would have a nice symmetry, and while Faried isn't a perimeter offensive player, he also isn't going to be in Drummonds way.  Faried was fine next to both Mozgov and Nurkic, Drummond is better than both those guys.  I see no reason why Drummond/Faried wouldn't work.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 04:05:17 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Sullinger, ET, 16th, 33rd pick I think does the job

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

Pistons need to replace losing Monroe and a SF.
I'd be very happy if the C's could get the 8th for the first package. Less so for the second one.

for the 1st package, that is still a heck to give up for a Hezonja or Johnson.  Johnson is a guy that had a tough time finishing near the basket in the college. He will have even more issues at the NBA level.   

Danny prob does not do that trade unless WCS drops . And if WCS drops the Pistons might just keep the pick (unless they have someone else they are eyeing at 16, like at 33 and think Sullinger /Drummond combo will workout well)

Article out today says that they might not be interested in him. On mobile and don't have the link but it was on the Pistons own website I believe.

On that last point.  My guess is that there's one guy who knows who DA wants, and that's DA.  Not even CBS.  Trader Danny might be good at trading, but he's even better at manipulating the media.  I'm guessing that the Pistons site has no more clue what Danny wants than anyone on this board.

Mike

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I really hope Danny doesn't trade Smart or IT .....

I d be sad  :-X

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 04:11:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I think both will compliment Drummond well. I'd take Olynyk if I'm Detroit because he will be on a rookie scale contract for one more year than Sully will be. I save a year in cap space that way.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
That's a valuable pick. One of Winslow, WCS, Mario and Porzingis will be available there, and I'd be thrilled with any of them, especially Winslow. I'd be disappointed with Stanley Johnson, who is bad at finishing at the rim and not really an elite defender. I don't understand why Cameron Payne is mentioned by OP-- since when is he even a lotto pick?!

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 05:36:43 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
That's a valuable pick. One of Winslow, WCS, Mario and Porzingis will be available there, and I'd be thrilled with any of them, especially Winslow. I'd be disappointed with Stanley Johnson, who is bad at finishing at the rim and not really an elite defender. I don't understand why Cameron Payne is mentioned by OP-- since when is he even a lotto pick?!

There is a belief that he has a promise from a lottery team, most likely top 10.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-cameron-payne-lottery-pick-2015-nba-draft/
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Cmon guys let's be somewhat realistic we are not getting #6 and 8 for sully and a few avg draft picks. Just to move up to 8 would likely cost sully, #16 and Dallas' pick next year..

you can't look at the 8th pick like it's some kind of awsome pick by itself. If this draft had guys like Derozan available at 8 then yeah.

This years 8th pick options are Hezonja (who knows if he will even come over, family issue),  Johnson (can't jump, had problems finishing around the basket in college),  Turner (gimp leg, little lift, lacks strength). so you don't give up the world for one of these guys.

I rather have Sully (and his improved body) alone vs any of these potential picks
I'd much rather have Hezonja or Johnson over Sully.  I haven't seen any recent indication that Hezonja won't come to the NBA immediately.  If he has a buyout, it isn't significant.  Johnson may not be an elite jumper but he can certainly jump good enough.  His offense, defense and rebounding are all good.