Author Topic: Pistons shopping # 8 overall pick  (Read 12714 times)

Pistons shopping # 8 overall pick
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The Pistons' pick is being shopped around, though Detroit might be better off just holding onto it. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.roduEPvA.dpuf

If its true the c's need to get a deal done . One of Stanley Johnson, Turner, Hezonja,Camron Payne or Prozingis will be available with that pick. Johnson would be my first choice , but I would be happy with any of those selections . of course it all depends on what we would have to give up.

Re: Pistons shopping # 8 overall pick
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:26 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

That's two slots lower than where I'd want to be if I were going to move a serious asset in addition to our pick.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

That's two slots lower than where I'd want to be if I were going to move a serious asset in addition to our pick.

I agree, which is probably why they are shopping it. That would be a trade I would consider only on draft day once it is clear who will be available there, are there are only a couple of guys I would want that might be there at 8, but likely won't be.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Winslow would be my first choice, but I don't see him getting past #7. I'd be pretty happy with S Johnson with that pick. The 2 euro guys scare me. They may end up being really good but they remind me of Bargnari, so I'd pass.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:48:05 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm curious what they are asking. If it's like Olynyk or Sullinger and 16 I would do that (I would trade the 28th in that deal too). If they are are asking for a lot more than that I wouldn't bite.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sullinger, ET, 16th, 33rd pick I think does the job

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

Both trade ideas could be too much for the 8th

Pistons need to replace losing Monroe and a SF. 

Players drafted before 8 .  Okafor, Towns, Russell, WCS, Porzingis, Mudiay, Winslow

That leaves them with a choice of Hezonja, Johnson, Turner, Booker, Oubre

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:08:56 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

I'd be very happy if the C's could get the 8th for the first package. Less so for the second one.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

I'd be very happy if the C's could get the 8th for the first package. Less so for the second one.

for the 1st package, that is still a heck to give up for a Hezonja or Johnson.  Johnson is a guy that had a tough time finishing near the basket in the college. He will have even more issues at the NBA level.   

Danny prob does not do that trade unless WCS drops . And if WCS drops the Pistons might just keep the pick (unless they have someone else they are eyeing at 16, like at 33 and think Sullinger /Drummond combo will workout well)

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:17 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
TP for the news. I followed the Pistons a lot the second half of the season. They could be an offensive force with Olynyk. Olynyk + 28 + 33 should do it. I wouldn't give them 16.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

Seems like a lot, but I understand how hard it is to get into the top 10.

Id rather keep Sully and move KO. I think we might be undervaluing these guys. Sully when healthy(huge caveat) has been a really good player. I mean look at some of the games hes had against the NBA's best (Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, the myriad of good Bulls bigs) I dont love Toronto but valuncunas isnt half bad and Sully owns him, hes also had huge performances against Golden State and memphis. If he can just get in good enough shape to stay on the floor for ~36 minutes a night I think he can be a 16 and 10 guy no problem.

KO has shown flashes of being a really dangerous offensive threat. If he can get right mentally he could be a terrific weapon.

Id do KO + 16 + ET. Id like to keep 33 and Sully.

at 8, I assume Towns, Okafor, Mudaiay, Russell, Winslow, Porzingis are gone. Which means you will probably be able to choose from 2 of Hezonja, WCS, Johnson.

For me I like Johnson the best, think Hezonja is the only one with true superstar potential, and dont love WCS.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
TP for the news. I followed the Pistons a lot the second half of the season. They could be an offensive force with Olynyk. Olynyk + 28 + 33 should do it. I wouldn't give them 16.
Do you really think so? I

Its so hard to get a read on KO's value because hes shown for a quarter or two at a time that he can be a close to elite offensive weapon. I mean he has great bbiq, hes a good passer, hes tremendous at driving and finishing at the hoop, and can shoot the 3. Add to that that he seems to be adding some post moves modeled after Dirk(I assume).

Put him next to a rebound swalllowing rim protector like Drummond and I think you could be right.

If I could do this deal I would.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The back half of the top 10 is filled with teams reportedly willing to shop picks.

That speaks to a couple of things:

(1) A lot of teams that view themselves as playoff-caliber had disappointing seasons this year and want to rebound next year.

(2) The second and third tier of players in this draft are not especially highly regarded, at least not by the teams selecting in that range.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

for the 1st package, that is still a heck to give up for a Hezonja or Johnson.  Johnson is a guy that had a tough time finishing near the basket in the college. He will have even more issues at the NBA level.   

Danny prob does not do that trade unless WCS drops . And if WCS drops the Pistons might just keep the pick (unless they have someone else they are eyeing at 16, like at 33 and think Sullinger /Drummond combo will workout well)

Article out today says that they might not be interested in him. On mobile and don't have the link but it was on the Pistons own website I believe.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

Drummond and WCS?

If WCS drops it means winslow, hezonja, and Porzingis are gone and it makes the pick very available.

Im not a big WCS fan, but I would do 28 and KO for him.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

or

Sullinger, Young, 16th

Both trade ideas could be too much for the 8th

Players drafted before 8 .  Okafor, Towns, Russell, WCS, Porzingis, Mudiay, Winslow

That leaves them with a choice of Hezonja, Johnson, Turner, Booker, Oubre

What salary is Detroit sending back in either of these scenarios? They have no TPEs as far as I know.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague