Author Topic: Jerian Grant + WCS possibility?  (Read 1856 times)

Jerian Grant + WCS possibility?
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:54:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I, among others like triboy, think this is a year we rebuild through the draft rather than FA (due to slim pickings). I am curious to know what others think re: this hypothetical scenario. While it is probably not possible, if it was, would you take it?

I don't buy SI's trade up to #6 for draft picks. But if it can be done, including Smart (I know, impossible, but entertain me based on SI), without giving up #16 (all other future picks on table), would you select WCS at #6 and look to #16 to draft Grant as a replacement for Smart? I initially thought I would not.. but considering the skill sets of these two, our current state, and the future... I think I'd be all-in (albeit unlikely scenario). Just curious to hear what others think.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Jerian Grant + WCS possibility?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I wouldn't include Smart in any trade that doesn't involve a bona-fide established All-Star caliber player under the age of 28. I certainly wouldn't include him in a trade for WCS or any other draft pick this year.

And no, I wouldn't want Jerian Grant to replace him. God no.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:12:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd be scared to give up Smart for Stein.  It sounds crazy to say that Smart has more upside than a great defending athletic 7 foot freak, but I think it's true.  I'd feel better about Stein if he had demonstrated a little bit more offensive improvement over the years.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
You don't give up Smart unless he's attached to a deal that get's you a young star just getting into his prime.
(I doubt it will happen)

I have no problem building through the draft.  Grant and WCS would be a nice pieces IMO.

I think more than anything the real fans that deal in reality want to see progress and hope.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:40:59 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
What the 3 people above me said.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
A follow-up question is what do you think Smart's ceiling is?

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 09:52:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
given the title of this thread, i assume you mean in relation to grant and WCS.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
given the title of this thread, i assume you mean in relation to grant and WCS.  ;D

Kind of, yep. I mean more so Grant, given he and WCS are so different. I honestly like both, seems like they excel on opposite ends of the court, and both stayed in school longer than most. But irrespective of the two, I have wondered a lot towards the end of his season (albeit it's still too early to tell) what Smart's ceiling could be. I honestly don't have any idea who I think he may be down the road. Feels somewhat unconventional in that sense.