Author Topic: Joseph Young: Late Bloomer?  (Read 1088 times)

Joseph Young: Late Bloomer?
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
This guy will be a scorer in the league.  Most teams will want him to be a PG,
which he's not great at yet, though he improved a great deal his senior year. The Celtics have some big dudes who can handle the ball in Smart and Evan Turner.  Add to that the scenario of drafting Jerian Grant at 16, or Delon Wright at 28 (and trading Bradley in a package to move up or for a big or SF from somewhere).  Then you can bring Joseph young alongside those guys and he can guard the other teams PG.  At pick 33 he'd be a guy who could develop in the D league and one day be a spark on offense.  I already have a second round defensive stud as a binky:  Norman Powell.  This guy is my second round binky on offense.  Can't have both I know..

Joseph Young is of course a no-go if the Celtics believe strongly in James Young and don't trade him.  If they trade James Young or think he needs a ton more time, grab Joseph Young who may be readier for his simpler role of spark plug on offense next to Turner or Smart, or Grant/Wright.  Plus they really might be grooming James Young for SF, even though he makes more sense at the 2 IMO.

IT, Grant, Smart
Smart, Joseph Young, Grant      ...... Joseph Young is the 4th guard once he's ready to play.
Turner, Crowder, James Young                    ..........Let's see if Turner can get better (he wasn't bad)
Sully/KO, M. Turner, Jerebko                     
Zeller, M. Turner, Mickey, Pick 45 stash, Player X

In the above case Bradley and KO (or Sully) were traded for Myles Turner and player X to balance salary (bench guy).

OR: 

KO, Bradley, Young, Evan Turner and a Brooklyn first traded to Sacramento for Winslow and Thompson (adjust as needed).  Probably too much to give up considering where New Jersey's at but I love Winslow.

IT, Delon Wright, Smart
Smart, Joseph Young, Delon Wright
Winslow, Crowder
Sully, Portis, Jerebko
Zeller, Thompson, pick 45 stash:  hopefully Jaiteh and maybe he can get some minutes.

Hopefully sign Koufos or Asik or some space eating intimidator....

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:44:55 AM by wiley »

Re: Joseph Young: Late Bloomer?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:14:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
after reading about him on draftexpress, it looks as if he would be available at #45. i would not mind him being the selection then. will be bring more to the team than pressey? probably since it is always nice to have your 3rd string pg score points for you.

but boy, draftexpress really panned him based upon size, intensity, and defense. but hey, at #45 if a player evens makes the nba, it is great pick.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva