Author Topic: What transaction would result in the best combination of names, first or last?  (Read 1582 times)

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We've got three weeks to go of intelligent, well thought-out threads that will discuss some insightful and possible trades.

This will not be one of them.

Instead, your job is to create a transaction that will result in the best pairing of names.  For example, trade #16 and Avery Bradley for the #6 draft pick and then take Justise Winslow.  Re-sign Paul "the Truth" Pierce, for a teaming of "Truth and Justise."

Or trade a draft pick and KO for Rudy Gay.  Sign Kevin Love and you'll have the "Gay Love" front court.

Rules:

1) Look, this is just for fun.  While trade suggestions are nice, they don't have to be (too) logical.

2) Both players must be currently playing.  For instance, you can't combine Jo Jo and Brandon to get "White Knight."

3) Nicknames are fine, as long as they're highly recognizable.  For example, if one of your players were Glen Davis and you could somehow work in "Big Baby," that's fine.  If you and your buddies like to call Jae Crowder "clams" so that he could be Clams Crowder, well, not so much.

4) Look, this is just for fun.

The best post gets to claim the title of "Overlord of CelticsBlog" for five minutes of their choosing.

Mike

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well, I just hope we keep our #28 draft pick.
I would like Danny to pick Isaac Haas, I can imagine some deadly effective Smart-Haas pick n roll.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I like Young and Smart.

Maybe Kaminsky and Willy so we can have Frank & Stein?

On a more mature note, why not get Rudy, DeMarcus, and Kevin; combine all of their last names; and relocate the team to West Virginia?

(intentionally censored per blog rules)

EDIT: Signing Corey Brewer and Carlos Boozer would give the team the "Booze Brothers," "Brewin' Boozer," or "Celtics IPA."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:16:59 PM by GetLucky »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Not the original intention of this thread, but it reminded me of that Daniel Radcliffe/Daniel Boringcliffe thing, but for NBA players.

Vander Blue

Vander Happy

Kemba Walker

Kemba Runner

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Maybe Kaminsky and Willy so we can have Frank & Stein?

Much as I liked the previous poster's Vander Happy, I'm pretty sure this just won the internet.

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
So I've been thinking about Young & Smart and how the Celtics should go all out with this campaign. So how about we draft Cameron Payne (a.k.a "Campaign"). Young and Smart Campaign. Frank & Stein is the greatest so far, w/ Smart-Haas in 2nd.

Offline HeadDoctorJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
You know, we could really use some low post scoring. Why not re-sign Big Al? He'd be a great offensive compliment to IT4. And their surname combo of Thomas-Jefferson could yield a fun nickname: The Dead Presidents. Or, since TJ's on the $10 bill, you could call them Sawbuck.

I agree, Frank & Stein is killer.