Author Topic: Cousins and Nerlens Noel Frontcourt  (Read 7179 times)

Cousins and Nerlens Noel Frontcourt
« on: June 02, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Still in asset collection mode. That's what we need to do in this draft. If trading up to nab Stanley Johnson, Or Grab three highly regarded guys like Portis, J Grant, Hollis Jefferson and swing for the fences with Upshaw. We need to develop more talent have are current guys get better so we can be ready for the power moves shortly.

Iv'e said all along that the Cousins trade will happen not not but in the next 18 Months. Which is fine It would be great to have another top 15 pick next year with are selection, and we know the Nets are about to fall apart. That brings us to 2017 when it's time to sign or trade for Nerlens Noel the home town hero.

You can fill in the blanks for the rest of the Roster Players like Smart, Sully would be gone, as well as those picks we make this year but who cares with a frontcourt like this.

Demarcus Coousins
 Nerlens Noel
 Crowder
 Avery Bradley
 Isaiah Thomas

Bench KG Living Legend, Roy Hobbs, Nickagenda, Phosita, It would hardly matter. And of course we would be able to get more talent at the wing positions. Once that front court is in place. 
 But how many wins for this team in the east as constructed. 50? More Cousins, Bradley Thomas in there prime while Noel would be just entering his. Dynamic front court to build around.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:15:31 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Three Year Plan For the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Is there anyone that doesn't think that Cousins and Noel would be one of the most dynamic front court pairings we have seen in some time. DMC the shoot a lot 280 pound beast that can do it all. And Noel the defensive phenom with uncanny quickness and the ability yo get off the ground like Russell, his offense is developing but most likely would not have a problem with DMC getting most of the touches. Noel would still score 16 ppg off of Dunks, putbacks and offensive rebound scores. Give those guys some shooters and you should have some rings.

Re: Three Year Plan For the Celtics
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I think you put too much stock in Noel..but thats just IMO.

The better 3 year plan would be to use our cap space and TE's to get players from other teams to make room(Zeller and Thgornton)for them to sign FA's. We would get assets.

Then draft Upshaw and trade Bradley for Turner. Maybe even trade IT to NY and take back Calderon.

Have a pick in the top 7 in next draft. With our other picks, especially BKN we should be able to get a  great player or players. I like Ingram for our future 3 or Simmons.

Re: Cousins and Nerlens Noel Frontcourt
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There's no way we could get cousins or noel without including Marcus smart in a package.  No chance at both.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
There's no way we could get cousins or noel without including Marcus smart in a package.  No chance at both.

Will you stop this now?

Trade rumours threads are a form of entertainment and you are spoiling the good fun.

Fun > Reality by a large margin.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Will you stop this now?

Trade rumours threads are a form of entertainment and you are spoiling the good fun.

Fun > Reality by a large margin.
... it would be easier for us to add LeBron James... since LeBron has the power to be a free agent this summer.

Why shoot so low in our unrealistic fantasies?  Tom Thibs reportedly was unwilling to coach the Pelicans, because he expects Anthony Davis to leave.  Let's trade a #16 for him... that way they get something instead of nothing when he leaves in 4 years.

LeBron James + Anthony Davis.... still enough cap space to absorb Kevin Durant's salary.   Fill in the blanks.  Keep Marcus Smart... he's a nice future piece.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Still in asset collection mode. That's what we need to do in this draft. If trading up to nab Stanley Johnson, Or Grab three highly regarded guys like Portis, J Grant, Hollis Jefferson and swing for the fences with Upshaw. We need to develop more talent have are current guys get better so we can be ready for the power moves shortly.

Iv'e said all along that the Cousins trade will happen not not but in the next 18 Months. Which is fine It would be great to have another top 15 pick next year with are selection, and we know the Nets are about to fall apart. That brings us to 2017 when it's time to sign or trade for Nerlens Noel the home town hero.

You can fill in the blanks for the rest of the Roster Players like Smart, Sully would be gone, as well as those picks we make this year but who cares with a frontcourt like this.

Demarcus Coousins
 Nerlens Noel
 Crowder
 Avery Bradley
 Isaiah Thomas

Bench KG Living Legend, Roy Hobbs, Nickagenda, Phosita, It would hardly matter. And of course we would be able to get more talent at the wing positions. Once that front court is in place. 
 But how many wins for this team in the east as constructed. 50? More Cousins, Bradley Thomas in there prime while Noel would be just entering his. Dynamic front court to build around.

The reason Cousins won't be available for 18 months is, it will take the Kings another season to figure out Cousins is not a major piece to a winning atmosphere. George Karl has a good reputation in the league, he's a respected, veteran coach, he personally must want to take a shot at making Cousins into the leader he'll build around.
So when the time comes he will either convince the Kings brain trust Cousins is harmful to a winning atmosphere, In that case why would we want him? Or the Kings will show marked improvement, and in that case they will build around him and keep him. With his track record, it's 50-50.

I would rather have Noel as the starting center. I also see him as a potential star defender, with an improving offensive game.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

You make it sound like Cousins and Noel are equals. Your overrating of Noel continues and appears to have no limits. Let me know when he gains weight, his offensive game consists of at least one low post move, and any semblance of a perimeter game. In fact, let me know when he can do anything offensively aside from dunks and garbage points. I mean you do realize you're taking about a guy that shot 28% from 3-10 feet, 30% from 10-16 feet, and 60% from the line, right? Let those numbers sink in and then reevaluate.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Noel and Cousins you say? 

Hm, yes, Philadelphia could certainly have an interesting team on their hands if they were to trade Embiid for Cousins.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

You make it sound like Cousins and Noel are equals. Your overrating of Noel continues and appears to have no limits. Let me know when he gains weight, his offensive game consists of at least one low post move, and any semblance of a perimeter game. In fact, let me know when he can do anything offensively aside from dunks and garbage points. I mean you do realize you're taking about a guy that shot 28% from 3-10 feet, 30% from 10-16 feet, and 60% from the line, right? Let those numbers sink in and then reevaluate.

I didn't say Cousins and Noel are equals.  I said that there's no chance you'd get either without including Marcus SMart in the package.   For either player, it would take a lot more than just Marcus Smart.  Clearly Cousins would cost us more than Noel.... either way, Smart is in the deal or they hang up the phone.

I'm not "overrating" NOel.  He just put up historical defensive numbers for a player his age.  He's already a top 5-10 defensive player in the league and he's 20 years old.  He also has legit size for a center.   Teams don't give that away for backup power forwards and middling mid-round draft picks.   You'd have to at least give up Smart + #16... probably a lot more than that.  I see little incentive for Philly to do that now that they are adding DeAngelo Russell. 

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I didn't say Cousins and Noel are equals.  I said that there's no chance you'd get either without including Marcus SMart in the package.   For either player, it would take a lot more than just Marcus Smart.  Clearly Cousins would cost us more than Noel.... either way, Smart is in the deal or they hang up the phone.

I'm not "overrating" NOel.  He just put up historical defensive numbers for a player his age.  He's already a top 5-10 defensive player in the league and he's 20 years old.  He also has legit size for a center.   Teams don't give that away for backup power forwards and middling mid-round draft picks.   You'd have to at least give up Smart + #16... probably a lot more than that.  I see little incentive for Philly to do that now that they are adding DeAngelo Russell.

5-10 defensive player? Really? Now I'm questioning if you've actually seen him play. He's mobile and athletic, but he gives up great position inside and isn't a great rebounder because he constantly gets pushed around by bigger players because of his frail body. I haven't seen any improvement offensively since he played in Kentucky a few years ago. So the question is, what's his upside? Especially if he can't shoot or dribble and will now be operating in the same space as the superior Embiid.

Oh, and he's 21, not 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMJZr-wv1ko
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:12:34 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 05:28:46 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
CBS' head would explode, and mine probably would too. You can't run an offense with two starting bigs who aren't AT LEAST solid mid-range shooters, at least one of them has to be anyway, unless you have LeBron or KD on your team. It's not the 80s, just because Noel is athletic doesn't mean he can play the 4.

That's why if we get a real defensive C this year, one of Sully/KO has to stay unless Love comes. You need a big who can shoot and play big minutes.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would obviously love that front court, but I'd like to see DMC next to a stretch-4 even more.  Cousins next to Ibaka, or another defensively-talented player who can shoot, would be amazing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 06:17:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I don't think building our team around a center is a good idea. The direction that the NBA is going is away from the traditional 2 big line ups, and more to those line ups that are predicated on having dynamic wings and guards. Having a line up of 2 bigs will just create too many holes in match ups. Yes, we do need a center though, one that is a great post defender and rebounder. As for the 4 we need one of these "stretch 4's" where that player can lure out the opposing big to the 3 point line.  All of the scoring and focus should be on the back court and the 3. For such a team as this, a player such as DJ will fit in perfectly. If not him it should be Asik, he would fit our needs at a decent price. Trading for Cousins would just cost too much, we want to get better but trading the majority of the talent on our team for just one player would get us nowhere.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
CBS' head would explode, and mine probably would too. You can't run an offense with two starting bigs who aren't AT LEAST solid mid-range shooters, at least one of them has to be anyway, unless you have LeBron or KD on your team. It's not the 80s, just because Noel is athletic doesn't mean he can play the 4.

That's why if we get a real defensive C this year, one of Sully/KO has to stay unless Love comes. You need a big who can shoot and play big minutes.

Cousins is a solid mid-range shooter. He shot 383.% from 16-23 feet last year, with about a quarter of his offense from that range. He also shot just over 43% from that distance the year before on similar volume.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01.html