Author Topic: S.I. Mock Draft: Celtics get Kings No. 6 pick for No. 16, No. 28 and 33  (Read 14973 times)

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If we do trade up to 6 and don't take Winslow if he is on the board I will be p---edddd
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we do trade up to 6 and don't take Winslow if he is on the board I will be p---edddd

You mean Pozingis. Lol. 

Re: Trade: Celtics get Kings No. 6 pick for No. 16, No. 28 and 33
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I'll believe it when I see it. If I was Sac I'd be like "Nope. We're gonna at least need something else added like James Young and another 2nd rounder next year and/or maybe keep 28 and we'll take your first next year too"

Agreed, I think they will want a player back and they need a PG badly, unless they draft a solid one this year.

Still though they do seem like a legit trading partner.

Their number one priority this year though is going to be trying to keep DMC happy in Sac.

Collison is solid

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Don't see any problem with this trade. I think the Celtics get better value but since when does Ainge not win a trade and since when does Sacramento make intelligent trades?

The Kings want a PG and Mudiay will be gone by the sixth pick. The Celtics want Cauley-Stein. It appears to be a good marriage for a draft day trade.

Since when does Sacramento not make intelligent trades? There is a new FO, jury is out

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
A rumour I like at the moment is Sacramento trading the #6 to Denver for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried.

Denver then rebuilding around the #6, #7 picks and Nurkic.

While Sacramento get Ty Lawson to go along with Cousins, Gay and Faried in the frontcourt. Keep McLemore and Stauskas as young two guards. That would be a team that could cause problems in the playoffs.

Then the Celtics would call the Pistons and offer the picks to them as I don't see Denver taking WCS.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
This trade is a baloney
No way the Kings trade the 6th pick for Our 3 picks
They are looking for proven talent that can immediately contribute to their team
We would at least need to give Bradley + Crowder or olynyk or sully

While I agree that the Kings, Hornets and jazz are the most likely trade partners if we would want to trade up

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What reason does Sacramento have to make this trade?

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
same reason the  the Patriots have every time they trade back, they feel like there is better value and that's it.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Think Kings should try the Denver deal. Celtics would be very lucky to pull that Kings deal off if it happened. C's however probably need a established player to be added and take on a bad contract to be more enticing. Ex. If Kings got say Sully or Zeller in that deal it would help.

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2015, 02:16:54 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
To jump up that high in this draft the Celtics would have to include Smart...

Why are people saying 3 picks for one pick in the top 6 is a raw deal.

I think you are underestimating that there is no consensus with any of the picks from 12-30.

Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Payne, Dekker , Oubre and others could go as high as 11 and as late as 25.

Which is why having late picks for players that slide is valuable.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Like I said earlier, those 3 picks for #6 is fair. Sac has value, because they can get 3 decent players at least. And given the statistics results, one of them might become very good to solid starter. They need depth in their team.
As for us, we have depth already, we need talent at the 3 & 5 position. Winslow & WCS makes sense for us.
I don't see the point to give our players to trade up, that's counter productive and won't really help our team. We are not at the point to make lateral moves to improve chemistry and balance our roster, we need to add talent and/or assets to get closer to sign FA's or make big trade.

And please, stop thinking the C's is only a bunch of below average players that overachieve for 40 games.
I used to read a lot of over optimistic posts when we were in contention. But now it's the complete opposite.
As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 04:09:47 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
To jump up that high in this draft the Celtics would have to include Smart...

Why are people saying 3 picks for one pick in the top 6 is a raw deal.

I think you are underestimating that there is no consensus with any of the picks from 12-30.

Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Payne, Dekker , Oubre and others could go as high as 11 and as late as 25.

Which is why having late picks for players that slide is valuable.

good point