Author Topic: S.I. Mock Draft: Celtics get Kings No. 6 pick for No. 16, No. 28 and 33  (Read 15008 times)

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. I think We'd probably need to give up something more like #16 + #33 + Olynyk + future 2nd rounder for 6th. Which I'd do. Goodbye Father Kelly! Have fun with Boogie!

If I am picking 6th and Winslow is on the board, I'm taking Winslow every single time. Draft Upshaw at 28 and get 2 players with All-star potential.

I'm salivating thinking about playing Smart, Winslow, and Bradley out there at the same time. No one would want to play against us. Winslow could also pick up some of the defensive slack when IT gets out there.

If we somehow get Winslow, I will be ecstatic.
If we somehow get WTCS, I will be happy.
If we somehow get Upshaw, I will be happy.
If we manage to get Johnson, Oubre, or Turner, I'll survive.

If we draft Kaminsky or Portis, I'm burning my Danny Ainge poster.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:03:59 PM by positivitize »
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I read this yesterday and as much as I'd like this to happen, I can't imagine the Kings doing it.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I think you'd have to be crazy to not take this if you're a C's fan.

But, yeah, I think you have to throw in KO or Sully for them to accept it, which I'm fine with. But, mannnnnn, WCS would look REALLY nice next to Love  ;)

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/01/nba-mock-draft-jahlil-okafor-karl-anthony-towns-wolves-lakers-76ers

According to SI they think that Sacramento would give us 6 for 16, 28, 33.

I think that is a very realistic trade scenario. We of course get WCS in their scenario, I would honestly throw in Bradley too, i'd love to have $9m more to throw at FA's this year.

But its interesting that the guys at SI think that we could get number 6 for 16, 28 & 33
I don't think SAC would bite on 16, 28, and 33. I think that they might bite on 16, 28, and Olynyk. In a perfect offseason that would give us a rotation at the 4 and 5 of WCS and Love backed up by Zeller and Sullinger, but I'm probably dreaming.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If they're going to do 16, 28, and 33 for the 6, why then would they not want to keep the 6, and trade Cousin's (plus whatever else it might take to make $ work) and pull a rebuild?  Seems that would be the better deal for them.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Many posters here know nothing of the draft and think that there #6 pick will be a game changer. Good Joke, especially for what some are offering.

A much better idea would be to trade Avery etc for Myles Turner. Then draft Upshaw with the 16th pick. In this scenario we retain MORE ASSETS and get players that could be even better NBA players than WCS.
still beating that same drum?  ::)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
well that would be cool if it could realistically happen.  Kings are pretty poorly managed so who knows.

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I would be cool with this trade, but NOT for WCS. If we took Winslow, Johnson or Porzingis then I'd love it!

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Sac wont deal 6 unless they can get a couple proven NBA guys to keep cousins happy. They need immediate help at the 1 and 4.

The best deal I can think of that they would definitely accept would be:
AB for 10-14
10-14 + KO/Sully + 16 for 6
This seems an overpay for me, but I think you do it if you think Justice Winslow is James Harden with defense (hint: he probably isnt)

Other ones which are probably less likely to be accepted would be KO/Sully + 16 or AB for 10-14 then 10-14 + 16 or how about this.

If you really want to think outside the box you could try to steak 4 from NYK then move down to 6 as 4 gets Sacremento a potential star pg. But that is just too confusing to even think about.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
If they're going to do 16, 28, and 33 for the 6, why then would they not want to keep the 6, and trade Cousin's (plus whatever else it might take to make $ work) and pull a rebuild?  Seems that would be the better deal for them.

Exactly, tommy pt. 
No way they want to add three rookies to play alongside DMC & Rudy.  Here's a good rebuild trade for them:

Sac trades DMC & Rudy for a package that includes the Knicks #4 pick, #16, #28, 2016 BK 1st, Bradley, Young + the expiring deals of Wallace and Bargnani. 

Knicks get Rudy Gay, both KO & Sully and that future Dal 1st in exchange for #4 and Calderon. 

Celts add DMC while keeping IT, Smart & Crowder in the fold.  Absorbing Calderon's salary is a limiting factor, but worthwhile if its the key that unlocks a Demarcus trade for us. 

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
16, 33, Zeller , Turner for 6th

6th: Winslow
28th: Mickey
45th: Richaun Holmes

Don't hate it, but who's the Celtic's center? Is there a second part?

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think bkn picks are untouchable...only for cousins...

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

If you really want to think outside the box you could try to steak 4 from NYK then move down to 6 as 4 gets Sacremento a potential star pg. But that is just too confusing to even think about.

This is more realistic, imo.  Knicks want vets, and Sac should be rebuilding.  With all our picks, should be able to grease the wheels as long as Vlade isn't still under the illusion that he can build around Rudy & DMC.

Sac keeps #6
They trade DMC and Rudy for #4, #16, #28, and a future BK first.  Throw in AB and Young as well expiring contracts.  Not many other paths that would yield them 4 top picks over the next two years, plus three other firsts & cap space. 

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

how about this; AB, Wallace + all three future BKL picks for Cousins.

who says no?

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

how about this; AB, Wallace + all three future BKL picks for Cousins.

who says no?

Kings.

I can see us possibly going after Cousins next year, to see how far the implosion of the Nets have gone. If the Nets end up at least 3-5 spots below the lottery, I can see the Kings being interested. But as of now? The Brooklyn picks could absolutely hold not enough trade value to warrant the Kings letting go of a transcendental player like Cousins.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different