Author Topic: S.I. Mock Draft: Celtics get Kings No. 6 pick for No. 16, No. 28 and 33  (Read 14997 times)

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
If that's all it takes to get #6, count me in.   I have my doubts.

I don't know about Cauley-Stein, though. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
A rumour I like at the moment is Sacramento trading the #6 to Denver for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried.

Denver then rebuilding around the #6, #7 picks and Nurkic.

While Sacramento get Ty Lawson to go along with Cousins, Gay and Faried in the frontcourt. Keep McLemore and Stauskas as young two guards. That would be a team that could cause problems in the playoffs.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Don't see any problem with this trade. I think the Celtics get better value but since when does Ainge not win a trade and since when does Sacramento make intelligent trades?

The Kings want a PG and Mudiay will be gone by the sixth pick. The Celtics want Cauley-Stein. It appears to be a good marriage for a draft day trade.

Who even says the C's want WCS?

All they have really said is they want two - way players--and that's not really Stein.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
A rumour I like at the moment is Sacramento trading the #6 to Denver for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried.

While Sacramento get Ty Lawson to go along with Cousins, Gay and Faried in the frontcourt. Keep McLemore and Stauskas as young two guards. That would be a team that could cause problems in the playoffs.

Makes sense to me--I don't see how trading down in the draft would be what cousins would be glad to see. They need to add to their quality assets, not quantity.

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I can see why for both teams.

We have quantity and need quality, they have quality at 5, 3 and 2 but nobody at 1 and 4 and no bench.

We might need a bit more. Maybe absorb Jason Thompson with one of the trade exceptions. Maybe include KO and keep one of the later picks.

16 + KO + 33 for 6 seems about fair to me.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
16, 33, Zeller , Turner for 6th

6th: Winslow
28th: Mickey
45th: Richaun Holmes

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
They'll want Marcus Smart.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
They'll want Marcus Smart.

Well, they won't get him. #6 we're talking about. Not Demarcus Cousins.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm all for trading for the #6, and I absolutely love that deal if it came to fruition.

I will, however, will either take Porzingis or Winslow instead of WCS. Kristaps for hos upside and Winslow for his overall versatility.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'd do that trade
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Doesn't seem like enough of a return for Denver.  Two fairly young starting caliber players (Lawson is a borderline All-Star in the right situation) for the #6 pick in a draft without a ton of star-caliber depth at the top?  Not the best trade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Doesn't seem like enough of a return for Denver.  Two fairly young starting caliber players (Lawson is a borderline All-Star in the right situation) for the #6 pick in a draft without a ton of star-caliber depth at the top?  Not the best trade.

Especially when you consider the amount of long-term salary Denver would need to take back to make such a deal happen.

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I've been saying this for awhile:

#16 + #33 + Olynyk for #6 makes too much sense. Toss in a future 2nd to sweeten it if needed.

They trade back and are able to get Grant or Payne with #16, establishing their PG of the future. They have Olynyk to be a legit stretch 4 next to Cousins, allowing him to do his thing down low. They get #33 which (imo) is more valuable than #28, because they are both close to the end of the first round, but #33 is unguaranteed.

We get #6, boom, WCS. We now have our defensive anchor of the future. We use #28 on bpa or trade up using #45 to get the best scorer available (RJ Hunter!!!). If we end up keeping #45 get a guy like Brown or Young.

Best Case Scenario:
6) WCS
28) RJ Hunter
45) Anthony Brown

Re: Trade: Celtics get Kings No. 6 pick for No. 16, No. 28 and 33
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I'll believe it when I see it. If I was Sac I'd be like "Nope. We're gonna at least need something else added like James Young and another 2nd rounder next year and/or maybe keep 28 and we'll take your first next year too"

If You were Sac town I'd say here's Young and that 2nd rounder. Are we good to go?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Darn, I don't think our offer would top that. Great trade for Denver even if they're serious about a rebuild.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)