Author Topic: Nets Fan Trade Idea  (Read 1511 times)

Nets Fan Trade Idea
« on: June 02, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
This fairly improbable trade idea could actually help us enormously, dallas probably get higher than 12th and BKN reeeeaally struggle in the east.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/5/13/8597181/trade-idea
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Nets Fan Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:15:06 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
This fairly improbable trade idea could actually help us enormously, dallas probably get higher than 12th and BKN reeeeaally struggle in the east.

From the post you linked to:

By bringing in both Williams and Johnson they makes themselves an instant title contender

This line of thinking --- that anytime you add 2 good players to a 3rd, making a "big 3", you become a 'title contender' is goofy. Williams + JJ + Dirk would be nice, but are they any better than, say, San Antonio, LAC or Houston (not to mention GS...) :-\
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I can see it go down. But Dallas will give up less. I think Williams would push for it. Dallas is always a player in moves.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not sure Dallas has two 1sts to give up in a trade.  Also, I'm 100% certain they'll want to try and use their cap space on younger, more productive players than D-Will and JJ before they fall back on such an option.

They might even try and sign the Nets' own Brook Lopez.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:49:03 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

From the post you linked to:

By bringing in both Williams and Johnson they makes themselves an instant title contender

This line of thinking --- that anytime you add 2 good players to a 3rd, making a "big 3", you become a 'title contender' is goofy. Williams + JJ + Dirk would be nice, but are they any better than, say, San Antonio, LAC or Houston (not to mention GS...) :-\

With the way Lopez and Dirk each played last year you can easily come to the conclusion that Lopez, Williams, and Johnson are better than Dirk, Williams, and Johnson and the Nest were the 8th seed in the east.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
JJ and Deron only middle of the pack starting caliber players nowadays. They won't push Dallas into title contention. Dallas could likely build a better team by spending that money in free agency on most cost-appropriate players than using all that cash on JJ and Deron. For Dallas to give up multiple draft picks on top of that ... why would they do that? I see no reason to do that.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Are you kidding me?
I'm all for it, let's have 2 lottery picks next year !  :P

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Does this guy think that Billy King is the GM for every team in the league? ;D

Maybe Billy would make that deal if he were Dallas GM, but he'd be about the only one.

Of course, to make the money work, the anonymous player in the deal would have to be Chandler Parsons and they'd have to renounce all of their free agents (and that's after hoping Montae opts out because if he opts in they can't make this deal).

So that leaves them with an old Dirk at the end of the tunnel, the final year of JJ, Williams who has been breaking down, and filling out a bench with an assortment of minimum salary vets who can't get work elsewhere.

Yup instant contender.....for the first overall pick.

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
People are putting too much value in DWill and JJ that are  way past their primes, not to mention they will be making upwards of 20 million, EACH. Between those two player there goes about 68% of next seasons projected cap space. The Nets are already on a sinking ship in the middle of the Atlantic.