Author Topic: Cameron Payne has promise to be top 13 pick?  (Read 5250 times)

Re: Cameron Payne has promise to be top 13 pick?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
DraftExpress came out with a new mock yesterday.  They had Payne at fourteen.  Apparently, they don't believe in the promise he was given in the top thirteen.

Ford said that he has a promise from OKC at 14.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Utah would make a lot of sense for Payne.  They need an improvement in the backcourt, especially after using a top 5 pick on Leandro Barbosa 2.0 last year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 01:32:18 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ford has him now at 11 with the Pacers in his Mock Draft 6.0 out 6/2. Excerpt:

But I am hearing lots of buzz out of Indiana that the team loves Payne and wants to pair Paul George with a quick, young, high basketball IQ point guard who can get to the basket.

Has us trying to move up, but taking Lyles at 16 in this version who he says could go as high as 11.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Payne is reportedly working out today for the Kings who hold the #6 pick.

I have a feeling the #4 and #6 picks and Mudiay and Payne are going to be the major lynch pins of the lottery.

Rumors seem to indicate that the NYK are not in love with Mudiay as a fit with their team. Rumors are also placing Payne as the clear #3 PG in the group. I perdict a bit of a cat and mouse game at the top of the draft in regards to the PGs. The Kings would presumably love to see the Knicks pass on Mudiay. This would leave him for Orlando who clearly doesnt need him setting the table for him to fall to #6 and the Kings. I expect that the Knicks are hoping to maximize value and trade down with a team who wants Mudiay and in doing so add a young vet and a high pick. Payne could be a pawn in these dealing with teams preparing to use him as a fall back plan.

possible trade ideas

Pacers trade Knicks Hill, #11 and a future 1st for #4
Pacers get Mudiay to pair with George in their new fast paced style, Knicks add nice vet fit at PG and can then draft Lyles.

Kings trade Collison and #6 for #4
Knicks get to draft Winslow or WCS and gain starting PG, Kings get Mudiay

Nuggets trade #7 and Lawson for #4 and Hardaway Jr.
Nuggets go into rebuild with new young backcourt , Knicks get stud PG and still get great prospect at 7. This may be a steep price for denver   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
DraftExpress came out with a new mock yesterday.  They had Payne at fourteen.  Apparently, they don't believe in the promise he was given in the top thirteen.

Ford said that he has a promise from OKC at 14.

Payne and Westbrook backcourt?

If not, If I was payne, i'm not sure I want to be in the position Reggie Jackson was. 

Good to receive a promise but I rather play for a team where I can be the starting pg