Poll

He should go in the 10 to 12 Range Would you trade up for Stanley Johnson.

Yes I would.
24 (60%)
No I would not.
6 (15%)
It depends on the price.
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Would You trade up to take Stan the man.  (Read 5169 times)

Would You trade up to take Stan the man.
« on: June 01, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The price here is 16+28+45 we keep 33. And maybe a future pick if we must. I like Hollis Jefferson a lot but he can't shoot. Oubre to me no thanks, upside but I don't want him. Winslow is out of reach that leaves Stan the Man if we want a legit starting NBA small forward for years to come. He has his flaws but he's a super athlete he's carved out of stone with muscle. And he shoots the three well already at 19. He's all upside. No concerns about his body or getting pushed around. he averaged 14 ppg and 6.5 rpg in 28 mins on .446% fg and 370% 3pfg. His per 40 where 20 ppg 9 rpg 2 spg 2.3 apg as a freshman.

A real candidate to go up and get if he falls out of the top 10.

Re: Would You trade up to take Stan the man.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:48 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Absolutely, he is going to be a very good - great defender . already a good 3pt shooter, and good become a Leonard/butler type in the future.

I would trade into the top 10 to get him over WCS .

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I absolutely would but I think he then makes Jae Crowder redundant within a year or two.

Similar strengths/weaknesses.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Musial? Heck, yes. The Sox offense could use a shot in the arm right now.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The price here is 16+28+45 we keep 33. And maybe a future pick if we must. I like Hollis Jefferson a lot but he can't shoot. Oubre to me no thanks, upside but I don't want him. Winslow is out of reach that leaves Stan the Man if we want a legit starting NBA small forward for years to come. He has his flaws but he's a super athlete he's carved out of stone with muscle. And he shoots the three well already at 19. He's all upside. No concerns about his body or getting pushed around. he averaged 14 ppg and 6.5 rpg in 28 mins on .446% fg and 370% 3pfg. His per 40 where 20 ppg 9 rpg 2 spg 2.3 apg as a freshman.

not for that price

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Definitely. He is Ron Artest without the crazy.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Johnson has the chance to be a top three player from this draft. I wouldn't have any problem giving up 16+28+45 for him, especially if you have to trade into the top 10 to guarantee landing him.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

not for that price

Really? If it's 16-28-45  Is there someone you really want at 28? I don't get it we would still have 33 and could draft a back up five like Dakari or Cristmas

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Absolutely, especially after his 2014 Aussie Open win
I'm bitter.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'd do it. 

He looks like he has the type of game that could translate well to the NBA - good size, strength and athleticism.  Ability to score off the dribble, from midrange, from three. 

Also looks like he'd have the flexibility to cover three positions (SG/SF/PF) defensively which gives him a lot of potential especially defending the P&R. 

I can see this kid becoming a very nice player.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yes. I wouldn't care about Jae being redundant either, there will always be trade partners looking for a guy who can at least stick with LBJ and guard some PFs. Jae stayed with him and got a couple points too, well, he isn't TA on offense (yea on defense either but you know what I mean lol). Jae is also still pretty young. We should be able to retain him fairly cheaply considering the jump in money in 2016.

All this about Jae only if he wants out to try and be a starter and Stanley is all he should be. If Jae doesn't get much better and will accept being a bench player, then we could potentially wear LBJ down for 48 or his entire playing time.

If we do this, we will have to do other things for our C and we could always buy 2nds, FA and trades.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Definitely.  Stanley Johnson just looks the part of a legitimate NBA player to me. 

I know statistically he isn't the most amazing prospect in this draft, but he played a very high level of competition all year long and though I didn't see him much, when I did see him, he just had that ineffable "it" factor that marked him as a future NBA guy.

He could be the Paul George / Paul Pierce of this draft.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Yep, I'm a big fan.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 01:11:35 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Stanley Johnson is one of my fave prospects in this draft.  I'd love to see him in green.  If he slides, I would really enjoy seeing DA move up to pick him.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 01:15:44 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If you're gonna sell the house, Justise Winslow.

Edit: Just watched vids of his whole HS career and don't doubt Stanley for a second. 4 state titles? Jesusss. Long shot for us, either way, but I'd be absolutely elated with either. This kid looks to be NBA ready and a bonafide winner.

Given the landscape of FA, I think it'd be a huge mistake for the Cs not to move up in this draft and choose to recruit FAs next offseason. There's major talent to be had, just have to make significant moves to get it. Considering these 2 wings, even WCS (not all that sold on), Smart is expendable enough to me.

Still would prefer Winslow, though :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:46:29 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC