Author Topic: [Pelton] All signs point to LeBron & Co. peaking at just the right time  (Read 6329 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Believe it or not, the Cavaliers have actually faced tougher opposition en route to the Finals.

Ah yes, a very interesting argument ... hmm.. really some compelling points here .....

Thats what I'm saying PhoSita. Do you expect me to take you seriously after the dumbest point ever??
Sorry, I believe it not.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I don't think anyone can convince me that CLE has endured a more difficult path in these playoffs.

NOLA > BOS
MEM > CHI
ATL > HOU (I guess)

No way ATL beats Houston this year. They were excellent. West is better. We are about to see that again in 4 days.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Fair point, but there's a common trend with all three teams: poor three-point shooting. Cleveland's got a postseason-low opponent 3PT% of 28.1. Couple that with the fact that Cleveland's opponents are even shooting worse on wide-open 3s and it seems that these underwhelming offensive performances are largely due to Cleveland preventing them from getting the kinds of three-point looks they want.

There's another explanation here, too, though:

Cleveland hasn't faced a single opponent that is particularly good from the perimeter.

The Celtics jacked threes all season long but were near the bottom of the league in perimeter shooting effectiveness, so that's easily explained.

The Bulls have never been known as a great perimeter team. 

The Hawks were a 60 win team in the regular season because of their excellent three point shooting.  However, injuries to Demarre Carroll and Kyle Korver undercut their perimeter prowess pretty substantially.  Without Korver and Carroll providing the shooting balance on the wing, Teague, Millsap, and Horford cease to be particularly effective floor spacers.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't think anyone can convince me that CLE has endured a more difficult path in these playoffs.

NOLA > BOS
MEM > CHI
ATL > HOU (I guess)

No way ATL beats Houston this year. They were excellent. West is better. We are about to see that again in 4 days.

Hawks won both matchups this year and did post 60 wins so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here although, hypothetically, they would be playing in a Finals without Korver,

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'll say it for you...
The cavs have miraculously turned into a legit favorite or close to it the last 5 days.
With careful manipulated stats and articles, the nba want us to think the cavs will put up a tight fight in the finales, just so we won't blame too much the referees when they will even up the series for it to last as long as possible.
Must take care of nba's and lebron's fans and put on the show.

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I'll say it for you...
The cavs have miraculously turned into a legit favorite or close to it the last 5 days.
With careful manipulated stats and articles, the nba want us to think the cavs will put up a tight fight in the finales, just so we won't blame too much the referees when they will even up the series for it to last as long as possible.
Must take care of nba's and lebron's fans and put on the show.
i really wish this wasn't the case

But you're spot on

TP
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If analysts, interviewers and commentators are going to frame this series as being about the Cavs' dramatic defensive improvement in the playoffs, Kevin Love is going to have a long week or two.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If analysts, interviewers and commentators are going to frame this series as being about the Cavs' dramatic defensive improvement in the playoffs, Kevin Love is going to have a long week or two.

When the Cavs are struggling mightily to score against an elite defensive team with size, versatility, and depth, I imagine Love will be vindicated a little bit.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

To be fair, the Cavs' best defensive performance was against the Celtics.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

To be fair, the Cavs' best defensive performance was against the Celtics.

Let's not let facts get in the way of the narrative.