Author Topic: Knicks want Lyles; Trade-Up Possibility?  (Read 7529 times)

Re: Knicks want Lyles; Trade-Up Possibility?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't think we have what the Knicks want to trade up, so how about involving Denver as well?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ovy9mbs

Boston receive: J Calderon, T Hardaway Jr, #7

Knicks receive: T Lawson, #16

Denver receive: G Wallace, J Young, S Larkin, #4

Boston:

We take on Calderon's contract but shed Wallace. Calderon becomes more cap friendly as the years go by or perhaps we are able to flip him in the summer. We also get Hardaway Jr. who is a promising young player. Move up to 7 and select one of the top prospects.

Knicks:

They trade down to 16 where Lyles should be available and they pick up Lawson to have another star alongside Anthony. They don't give up much aside from that.

Denver:

So this is the question, is this worth moving up 3 spots for Denver? Well if they perhaps fancy Mudiay as a key building block then yes. They move on from Lawson and also gain Young, who could have been a top 10 pick this year according to a couple of reports. Then take on Wallace's final year but I deem that acceptable.

I like it, I don't think any team comes out as the big winner as each team heads in the direction they want.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 05:54:30 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Would Ainge really ask for IT's opinion on free agents if he was going to deal him?   Seems odd to me.  I would ask you if #4 will be a better player than IT?   I think not for a few years and maybe never.
Yes. I love IT, but he is only a super sixth man. We got him for a late first rounder and an expiring contract. The #4 pick should be a solid starter at worst, and an all star at best. If you draft a player that is worse than IT at #4, then you are absolutely blowing that pick. I think our #16 pick will be as good a player as IT.

You buggin!!!  height is only thing keeping him on the bench. No guard in the draft maY possibly be better then IT is  right now. DO YOU REALIZE  HE WAS THE BIGGEST TRADE  STEAL IN YEARS FOR HIS VOLUME SCORING AND CONTRACT??
Oh height is the only thing keeping him on the bench! Good thing you don't need height to be an NBA starter! And "No guard in the draft maY possibly be better then IT is  right now". That sentence made sense!
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/52195/20150603/new-york-knicks-rumors-trey-lyles-justise-winslow-draft-targets-with-boston-celtics-trade-option-for-willie-cauley-stein-pick.htm

Here's a Knicks writer talking about this very possibility. Hopefully this is something Danny and Phil might be talking about and considering.

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Would Ainge really ask for IT's opinion on free agents if he was going to deal him?   Seems odd to me.  I would ask you if #4 will be a better player than IT?   I think not for a few years and maybe never.
Yes. I love IT, but he is only a super sixth man. We got him for a late first rounder and an expiring contract. The #4 pick should be a solid starter at worst, and an all star at best. If you draft a player that is worse than IT at #4, then you are absolutely blowing that pick. I think our #16 pick will be as good a player as IT.
bingo -- TP

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 04:02:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Imagine if Knicks picks Lyles at #4 lol. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did ::)

They wont do that

To Knicks: 16, 33, Zeller, Young , future 1st
To Celtics: 4th, Calderon

4th:  WCS, 28th : Mickey

Knicks select
16: Lyles, 33rd: Rozier
I actually don't hate that trade for the C's.  probably means it's lopsided for them a bit.

however, if they did pull that off, the next move isn't to draft WCS with # 4 but one of two options:
1. use that #4 as a prime chip to try and get Cousins from Sac.  The future picks we have are speculative right now (some project to be pretty good -particularly the Nets picks) but that #4 is a tangible asset.  Maybe #4, 2 of the 3 Brooklyn picks, Sully/KO, Wallace (for salary matching only) and another asset (maybe the worse of the C's/Dallas pick next year).
2. in no-go for Cousins, trade down from 4 few spots to still get WCS around 4-8 and pick up another asset to go with him.

I wouldn't pull off the first deal without having one of the other 2 also lined up.  #4 is too high to grab WCS.  if he had a bit more offense, I'd consider it.  if we were to get that #4, I'd be looking at Winslow because he's the better 2-way player that could really be a cornerstone for the franchise

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Imagine if Knicks picks Lyles at #4 lol. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did ::)

They wont do that

To Knicks: 16, 33, Zeller, Young , future 1st
To Celtics: 4th, Calderon

4th:  WCS, 28th : Mickey

Knicks select
16: Lyles, 33rd: Rozier
I actually don't hate that trade for the C's.  probably means it's lopsided for them a bit.

however, if they did pull that off, the next move isn't to draft WCS with # 4 but one of two options:
1. use that #4 as a prime chip to try and get Cousins from Sac.  The future picks we have are speculative right now (some project to be pretty good -particularly the Nets picks) but that #4 is a tangible asset.  Maybe #4, 2 of the 3 Brooklyn picks, Sully/KO, Wallace (for salary matching only) and another asset (maybe the worse of the C's/Dallas pick next year).
2. in no-go for Cousins, trade down from 4 few spots to still get WCS around 4-8 and pick up another asset to go with him.

I wouldn't pull off the first deal without having one of the other 2 also lined up.  #4 is too high to grab WCS.  if he had a bit more offense, I'd consider it.  if we were to get that #4, I'd be looking at Winslow because he's the better 2-way player that could really be a cornerstone for the franchise

Would you give up Mudiay (4) and Bradley for D'angelo Russell?  I would.  Mudiay may be as impactful or even better one day, but Russell is a better fit with the Celtics and with Smart.  You could add Sully or KO for Jerami Grant or Sims or Aldemir if you wanted to further entice them...Bradley and either KO or Sully would help them improve (if that's what they want lol) their offense this year to go with their already excellent defense.  Sims or Aldemir would give us more size and defense (backup center, etc...).  Bradley definitely upgrades their SG.  Not sure if they see see Saric as a PF or SF primarily...
Keep Young in the original trade and give them 16, 28 and 45.

Russell, IT
Smart, Russell, Young
Turner, Crowder, Young
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:37:09 PM by wiley »