Author Topic: (Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies  (Read 1528 times)

(Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This is a special on CNBC, catch it if you can, among the many other things they speak about, they talk about NBA Refs and the pressure their under to give "special consideration" to certain players.

I kind of knew that special treatment was going on, but for the "love of the game" I tried to ignore it, because it would ruin my personal enjoyment...now I know what is happening, and I'm getting p---ed. 

Re: (Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This is a special on CNBC, catch it if you can, among the many other things they speak about, they talk about NBA Refs and the pressure their under to give "special consideration" to certain players.

I kind of knew that special treatment was going on, but for the "love of the game" I tried to ignore it, because it would ruin my personal enjoyment...now I know what is happening, and I'm getting p---ed.

TP for thread!!

Lot of duplicity in the NBA, and star calls/promotion is just one example. Also....

How about the NBA's PED "policy"  or lack thereof and its lack of effectiveness/enforcement? Any real "stars" been caught?

Either have a policy and enforce it or allow PEDs across the board.

Cheating is cheating, but more than a few on this board have explicitly stated that they don't care if PEDs are used. So Bonds, Clemens, ARod, McGwire, Sosa et al, that's all OK?   Man, I hope those posters don't teach their brand of morality to their kids.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Sounds like you may be entering stage 2 of the Kubler-Ross Model.

Time is a great healer ;)

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:48:15 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
Yeah, it just bothered me hearing it from the horses mouth. When the ex referee said it came from the main NBA office that certain players sell a lot of jerseys, and are VIP and get a pass on fouls.

Naturally this wasn't the main topic of the special, just an interlude, but I got my attention.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:59:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

TP for thread!!

Lot of duplicity in the NBA, and star calls/promotion is just one example. Also....

How about the NBA's PED "policy"  or lack thereof and its lack of effectiveness/enforcement? Any real "stars" been caught?

Cheating is cheating, but more than a few on this board have explicitly stated that they don't care if PEDs are used. So Bonds, Clemens, ARod, McGwire, Sosa et al, that's all OK?   Man, I hope those posters don't teach their brand of morality to their kids.

One would hope no one uses sports to teach morality.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:42 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

TP for thread!!

Wow!

Great job both contradicting yourself while being insultingly condescending all in the same post.

Well done.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 10:15:04 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Do you have a link to watch this documentary online for Europeans like me?
Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Wow....Didn't have to watch a documentary to figure that out.

Just watch a Cavs game ....Where the officials go into SGT Schultz mode whenever the messiah is on the court.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
Wow....Didn't have to watch a documentary to figure that out.

Just watch a Cavs game ....Where the officials go into SGT Schultz mode whenever the messiah is on the court.

Inability to figure it out, isn't the point. Actually hearing it come from an NBA Refs mouth, explaining how he receives his direction, and from who, and why, is disappointing and insulting.

We, as the true fans, the one's that stand by this game, and "play-plan" player acquisitions, and do research, and watch every game, and suffer through every commercial should be insulted when NBA Gods try micro manage the game right before our eyes.

Hearing it come directly from the horses mouth, is quite different than being the "all knowing sports realist"