Poll

Who wins the finals

The Cavs
22 (19.3%)
The Warriors
92 (80.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Poll: Who Wins the Finals  (Read 18887 times)

Re: Poll: Who Wins the Finals
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hoping for: GSW sweep.

What I think will happen: Cavs in 6

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The other thing with GSW is they never get injured.

Thompson got a concussion but he'll still be there for game 1.

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2015, 11:36:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I can't help reading this sort of response as typical New England pessimism / fear.  Hope for the best, expect the worst.

If you look at all of the objective evidence and take out the names involved, the Warriors should be strongly favored. 

The Cavs have a chance, but nearly every team that has been as dominant as the Warriors have been go on to win the championship, unless they run into a similarly dominant team or suffer an injury to one of their top 2 players.  The only exception is the Seattle team that got shocked by the Nuggets in the 1st round.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2015, 12:37:55 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Warriors in seven. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:03 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Again, Cavs in 6 or Warriors in 7. GS needs to sag off LeBron and make him a jump shooter. If they can do that, clog the paint, and let JR, Shump, etc. get off from outside... GS should be good. Klay sounds to be doing well, but if he and Curry aren't right, they're in trouble.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2015, 02:08:00 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Assuming CT and the refs are OK, GSW in 7.

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2015, 02:18:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The other thing with GSW is they never get injured.

Thompson got a concussion but he'll still be there for game 1.
if thompson is able to play at his normal level, the dubs win this series. no doubt.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2015, 10:15:50 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Don't forget about the impending flaming out of JR's jumpshot a la the NYK/INDY series from a couple years ago. I don't trust the Cavs' defense on guards in this series but of course they have the best tool to switch onto whoever is hot via LeBron. Still, unless LeBron guards Steph and Klay all game from Game 1 on you know they're going to break out at some point.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I can't help reading this sort of response as typical New England pessimism / fear.  Hope for the best, expect the worst.

If you look at all of the objective evidence and take out the names involved, the Warriors should be strongly favored. 

The Cavs have a chance, but nearly every team that has been as dominant as the Warriors have been go on to win the championship, unless they run into a similarly dominant team or suffer an injury to one of their top 2 players.  The only exception is the Seattle team that got shocked by the Nuggets in the 1st round.
objectively, sure GSW is the better team on paper.  I'm pessimistic because
A. GSW has not played in the finals before
B. Lebron is still the best player in the game
C. Lebron enjoys an edge in officiating preferential treatment on a level no other player enjoys.
D. Conspiracy aspect: Lebron going home to win a title for his original team is a storyline the NBA would eat up.

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

objectively, sure GSW is the better team on paper.  I'm pessimistic because
A. GSW has not played in the finals before
B. Lebron is still the best player in the game
C. Lebron enjoys an edge in officiating preferential treatment on a level no other player enjoys.
D. Conspiracy aspect: Lebron going home to win a title for his original team is a storyline the NBA would eat up.

I think I would feel similarly if this were 2014 and I was still traumatized from the 2013 Finals.  The 2014 Finals really made LeBron seem mortal again. 

I guess some people have decided that was all about Wade being washed up and Bosh being soft or something, not San Antonio being a great team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Warriors all the way ;D! Nothing enjoys me more than seeing LeBron lose in the Finals ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
can anyone think of four guys you would rather have to cover the best player in the world than, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and Andre Iggy. And you can at least mention Livingston who is Lebrons height and long. But between Green and Barnes and Klay that is going to show him down.

With you 100%. There's no one in the league I'd prefer over Dray. In our battles with him, I always felt Bass did the best job against him... was mobile enough to stay with him, strong enough to body, and LBJ seemed to be bothered by his physicality

I agree, I always thought Bass did a great job on lebron, he definitely bothered the queen with his physicality.  I may be biased as I'm a big Bass fan, he doesn't miss games, very durable and a TRUE professional.  I'd love to pick up a couple free agents if possible and keep Bass on the C's but if we are going through another year of re-building I may prefer to see him on a contender.  He would have been a great fit (and one more defender for lebron) on an already deep golden state team and get a ring.   although I was rooting against the clippers this year (for the draft pick) he could have helped them a lot as well, it seems he's good friends with cp3 so maybe he'll be called upon during free agency, they could use him!

ironically BB sat next to me aisle/aisle on the way back from the mayweather/pacman fight.  we talked a bit about matchups, he was pulling for the clips at that time. 

In regards to who will win the finals Bass picks the Cavs.  Contingent on the likely event that it would end up a G.S./CAV finals we made a decent sized bet, I took G.S. 

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
 ;D

My TP. Total will triple when LeBron. Wins his third  title...

;D

Wow ...now 71 people confused about who is greatest player ,   So much disappointment in store,

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
;D

My TP. Total will triple when LeBron. Wins his third  title...

;D

Wow ...now 71 people confused about who is greatest player ,   So much disappointment in store,
not really. we just are clear that basketball is a team sport.  :D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
The advantage for the Cavs is:

1. Lebron
2. Lebron
3. Other players besides Lebron

He's been to the Finals before and isn't afraid of the moment and is still the greatest NBA player right now. That alone gives Cavs a chance. If I was GSW. I'd much rather Lebron try and beat me on his own, than having guys like Shump, JR, or Dellavedova torch me. Is Kyrie healthy? That could be huge if he's not.

I say GSW in 6 games, mainly because I can't bring my self to say Lebron will win...lol.