Poll

Who wins the finals

The Cavs
22 (19.3%)
The Warriors
92 (80.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Poll: Who Wins the Finals  (Read 18918 times)

Re: Poll: Who Wins the Finals
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Golden State should win this series.  They're the better team.  But people comparing this series to 2007 when the Spurs swept that horrible Cavs team is a bad analogy in my opinion.  That series was 8 years ago now.  Lebron is a different class from player now compared to what he was then, which says a lot about Lebron James.  And his supporting cast may not be as good as what Golden State is bringing, but it's still pretty solid, way better than that 2007 team.  And they seem to be gelling at just the right time.

I do ultimately think Golden State takes it in 6, and I'd be more surprised if it went 5 than if it went 7

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
im worried klay thompson may miss a game or two of this series with his concussion. The warriors have lots of depth so this will hurt them less than the hawks injuries did, but could definitely decide a game. Klay is good on defense and really keeps defenses honest from doing more creative traps and doubles on Curry. I am praying Golden State though.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
LeBron is objectively a worse player than last year. His supporting cast is better though. I'm curious if the difference is enough to overcome a superior all-round team. Cleveland have not faced a team with an elite offense, and more importantly, one of the league's best five players.

I'll go with Warriors in 5 or 6.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
LeBron is objectively a worse player than last year. His supporting cast is better though.

Kind of a tough case to make, with Kyrie injured.

Wade and Bosh could at least still play in the Finals last season.  LeBron's supporting cast is deeper this time around -- Shump, JR, Thompson, and Moz are all quality role players.  But LeBron is basically leading a one-star team at this point with Irving so limited.  Kyrie is one-way player in any case -- he's definitely not helping them any on the defensive end of the floor, which is tough when you're facing a team with the league MVP running the point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
LeBron is objectively a worse player than last year. His supporting cast is better though.

Wade and Bosh could at least still play in the Finals last season.  LeBron's supporting cast is deeper this time around -- Shump, JR, Thompson, and Moz are all quality role players.  But LeBron is basically leading a one-star team at this point with Irving so limited.  Kyrie is one-way player in any case -- he's definitely not helping them any on the defensive end of the floor, which is tough when you're facing a team with the league MVP running the point.
I think even this hobbled version of Irving will be more effective than the borderline washed up Wade that LeBron got last year in the Finals. Wade hurt Miami's, something that won't happen with Irving. And he was just as bad a defender as Irving is now.

Last year's Heat had no optimal lineup. At least with this year's Cavs, you can say that they can put 4 guys around LeBron who will make their shots and defend decently. Or in Irving's case, do the former.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 07:23:08 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Warriors in seven.

In my eyes, Curry is playing better ball than Lebron right now, and his team plays much better defense.

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Warriors in 6. I think the series will be close but the Warriors have more weapons to go to at the end of games than the Cleveland does. This is the series that the Cavs will really miss Love.

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Keep seeing people post about the lack of finals experience for GSW. Who in the cavs  rotation has finals experience other than Le Bron? Nobody right? I think this experience thing is a nonissue.

I guess you could make a case for James Jones

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 08:59:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think even this hobbled version of Irving will be more effective than the borderline washed up Wade that LeBron got last year in the Finals. Wade hurt Miami's, something that won't happen with Irving. And he was just as bad a defender as Irving is now.

Last year's Heat had no optimal lineup. At least with this year's Cavs, you can say that they can put 4 guys around LeBron who will make their shots and defend decently. Or in Irving's case, do the former.

Perhaps.

It's still a little hard for me to think that [Chalmers - Wade - Bron - Bosh - Andersen] is really an inferior lineup to [Irving - J.R. - Bron - Thompson - Moz].

I can't help wondering how we'd see that lineup if the Cavs had faced even an opponent as worthy as last year's bad-chemistry Pacers in these playoffs.  Doesn't feel like they've been tested.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Warriors in 4.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
GSW in 5. The Cavs are a one man show thanks to injuries to Kyrie and Love, and you can't beat the GSW running a one man show.

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Dubs in a sweep. If the refs do their thing, it could go 5 or even 6 though, but I'm saying 4 games.

James and the LeBronnettes won't know what hit them. Outclassed and playing a battle tempered team. Cavs don't have the character to overcome adversity. Classic frontrunners going down.

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Warriors in 5. Maybe in 6. Only time Cavs have a shot at winning is if the refs swallow their whistles and allow them to mug the Dubs, particularly on D.

- LilRip

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Keep seeing people post about the lack of finals experience for GSW. Who in the cavs  rotation has finals experience other than Le Bron? Nobody right? I think this experience thing is a nonissue.

I guess you could make a case for James Jones

James Jones, Perk, and Mike Miller who will all be planted firmly to the bench.

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The Warriors have been solid all season long.  They're the best team.  Bronnie's gonna have to put up Wilt Chamberlain numbers.
Yup